Stern Meteor head w/boards

Wanted Pinball Parts only Please
SkyBry
MAACA Mage

Stern Meteor head w/boards

Postby SkyBry » Fri May 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi all...

Just investigating the possibility that someone out there might have a head for a Stern Meteor lying around. I have a backglass, and a possible source for the body of the machine, but I'd still need a head with boards. Would love to add this machine to my (small) collection. It's one of my best memories from the arcade days. If you do, please drop me a message and let me know what you'd be looking to get for it! Thanks!

-Bryan

semicolin
MAACA Mage

Re: Stern Meteor head w/boards

Postby semicolin » Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Hi Bryan. If you don't find it, I have a complete Meteor that I'm trying to bring back to 100% condition. My backglass is pretty rotten, and I'm hoping against hope that CPR reproduces the playfield. (Vote here!)

If you are unable to complete this project, and your backglass is in good condition, I'd like to buy it from you.
Sharing my space with: Bally Spectrum(restoration), Gottlieb Tag Team, Interflip Dragon, Street Fighter cab w/Premium 8
Wanted: Widebody cocktail cabinet, ≥ 36", Bally Elektra, Williams Rollergames, Bally Centaur

SkyBry
MAACA Mage

Postby SkyBry » Tue May 16, 2017 9:34 am

semicolin wrote:Hi Bryan. If you don't find it, I have a complete Meteor that I'm trying to bring back to 100% condition. My backglass is pretty rotten, and I'm hoping against hope that CPR reproduces the playfield. (Vote here!)

If you are unable to complete this project, and your backglass is in good condition, I'd like to buy it from you.

Unfortunately my backglass isn't great either. :p I love the table enough that I'd be happy with it as is, though. I'd just love to hear that hum coming from my game room. ;)

-Bryan

DrDude
MAACA Mage

Postby DrDude » Tue May 16, 2017 10:16 am

Good luck with your hunt, Bryan: Meteor was actually my gateway-drug into the Pinball hobby as it was the game I played constantly while at University of Waterloo (they had one in the on-campus residence canteen). Fantastic game, and surprisingly worthy of practice (a number of drop-target sweep-shots are possible). They made 8.362 of them making it the most common Stern (after F2K at 6,301) so your odds of finding a head should be good: Have seen a number of lone-heads over the years. As for boards, don't sweat that as much since aside from the MPU-200 and SB-300 boards, you can use plentiful Bally boards in it (including displays): Just make sure it has the harness and board-standoffs as those are a pain to locate on their own.
Grant Goodes
Stern: Meteor, Nineball, Seawitch, Lightning, Cheetah
Bally: Fathom x 2, Centaur
Gottlieb: Black Hole
Wanted: Catacomb, Solar Fire, Balls-a-Poppin Seawitch backglass
Lust-worthy: Funhouse, Skateball, Capersville

Return to “Pinball Parts Wanted / Pièces de Machines à Boules Recherchées”