Pindude152's basement Arcade

Tell everybody what machines you have and upload pictures.
R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Re: Pindude152's basement Arcade

Postby R.A.B. » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:31 pm

On behalf of Jess, (she is not on MAACA, but defintely remains one of the Maniacs) I wanted to thank you J.F. for an extraordinary Pow Wow experience. Personally, I have expressed my gratitude for this great event and visit to your place by text the day after, but I felt the need to do this publicly and mostly for the permanent record here on MAACA. What an eclectic & extraordinary collection and person you are needs to be posted here. I strongly encourage you to keep doing what you do, but I don't think you need me to tell you this. You know what you are doing.

Personal salient moments were as follows :

- Jess hitting a 4 in line on the Surf Club bingo, the one in your amazing basement and how ecstatic she was when landing number 14 to complete the line. I saw the "bingo bug" take hold of her through her eyes and expressions.

- There is little that gets me going when it comes to pinball, in fact I am pretty well fed up with all the puppy love hype & excitement which the average joe here on MAACA and elsewhere exhibits about machines they think are rare, - in the majority of cases they are not. To each his own I guess, but I have to say that your 50 + club of electro-mechanical wonders knocked my perception of its stilts. You are one of the important younger custodians of what has now become some exceptional engineering in the face of what & how we build things in this new age.

- The time spent with Julie and yourself around the kitchen table, the meal (the lawyer salad) and the ease of conversation.

- The music in your upstairs living room with the Four Corners pin and the other Surf Club bingo was so unpretentious and relaxed that I finally felt that I was on vacation for the first time since signing off from work on 22 of July. in fact, after leaving work that Friday night and feeling released, I made it to the North Star. And even after consuming my first "Baraké" (shot of Wild Turkey and a Mills organic lager) I still felt that I was at work somehow. I left soon after the second drink to get rid of that feeling and back to the refuge of my studio apartment above the trees. It took me until your Pow Wow last Thursday to realize once again that work is so god-dam all consuming in my life and that I should make stronger efforts to not have it over spill into my personal life. As much as the powers that be find my behaviour profitable, the result is an impoverishment for the social aspect of life when it comes to friends and family. I am all consumed, and the most valuable lesson in adult life is learning to say no, and more importantly to what extent. It has sadly become a self-preservation struggle for me. In fact, your Pow Wow was the first moment where I felt I had some say about how I wanted to spend my little free time in the face of these machines, and for this opportunity I thank you wholeheartedly.

- James' laugh was also a highlight for me, or more precisely when he exclaimed, "what the fuck is that !" upon playing the Midway Space Gun and the remote controlled ping pong wall game. Your machines incited many of the same reactions from our laid back friend Chris Silver and Bob (shootagain) as well who took the time to express so many warm thoughts about how he loves the social aspect of these Pow Wows no matter which machines are present and accounted for. I truly believe that he has hit the nail on the head as to the essence of what a Pow Wow should be.

- tonysaprano, as simple as that. This guy is indescribably sharp.

- Coney Island's bingo card and extra ball simplicity

- your project pile reminded me of the long gone Longueuil basements I rented when I started Alexander Amusements in 1990. The beat goes on my friend long after the band I was leading up stopped playing, or more precisely when I could no longer hear it.

- your backyard and the vegetable garden showed me where I am headed.

My heart-felt thanks are all I can sincerely offer here on MAACA once again.

Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or take care of my wife properly there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:44 pm

Last night Jean-Francois and Julie invited Pinball Women Ottawa to their place and we had an amazing time! 9 of us showed up, including one who drove to us shortly after a tournament try at North Star.
JF gave us tours, tutorials, and history lessons for many of the different types of machines, and we played our monthly tournament on Star-Jet, Nip It, Lost World, and Twin Win.

Everyone discovered something new that they just LOVED. One woman loved Hayburners with it's quirky gambling aesthetic. Many of us were taken in by the allure of the various bingo machines. The pachinko got a lot of play. Everyone loved the EM gun game, as well as the EM table tennis.
Next time anyone goes, remember to stock up on dimes and try your luck on the one-armed bandit.

First, you know that anyone that has this in their bathroom is not fucking around:
20170422_213155b.jpg

20170422_214526b.jpg

20170422_214909b.jpg

I was so happy to play Four Corners, and was delighted that JF brought it to life, and then apologized as I think I might have broke the 50k relay. ;)
20170422_214918b.jpg

20170422_215502_HDRb.jpg

20170422_215512b.jpg

20170422_215536b.jpg

20170422_215619b.jpg

20170422_215623b.jpg

Star-Jet was the consensus favourite. SUCH A GOOD GAME. The 3-ball multiball and wonderful graphics won us over.
20170422_215629b.jpg
BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan), DE Jurassic Park (loan)
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Centigrade 37, Fire Queen, Dimension, 2001, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: R-Type (w/ship), Strider, Spy Hunter (cockpit), Tetris
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:47 pm

More!!!!

20170422_215650b.jpg

20170422_215656b.jpg

20170422_215706b.jpg

20170422_215713b.jpg

20170422_220254b.jpg

20170422_220301b.jpg
BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan), DE Jurassic Park (loan)
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Centigrade 37, Fire Queen, Dimension, 2001, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: R-Type (w/ship), Strider, Spy Hunter (cockpit), Tetris
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Honey Badger
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Honey Badger » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:17 am

Yep JF's house has some great games. I always love visiting there.
For Sale: Bally Black Jack, Williams Big Guns
WTB: Iron Man, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Iron Maiden, Vampire, Superman

"You're either with us or against us"

"Guilty by association"

Pindude152
MAACA Mage

Postby Pindude152 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:43 pm

Thanks Cait for the review.
Hosting PWO was a real joy.
Lots of positive feedback.

PWO are superb pinball players. When they play, they mean business! :-)
"It's heavy. What is it? ... The, uh, stuff dreams are made of"
-The Maltese Falcon

"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life"
-Homer Simpson

Wanted: Bally 20 hole Bingo machine: Orient, London, Safari, Super 7, Bonus 7 or Hawaii. Bally Capersville
Quality EM repairs & refurbishing

http://pindude152.blogspot.ca/

Return to “Game Rooms - Salles de Jeux”