Make-A-Wish 48-hour bike ride, PART DEUX!

Talk about anything that you would like.
Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Make-A-Wish 48-hour bike ride, PART DEUX!

Postby Sparky » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Hey guys,

Well, I decided to register again this year for the 48-hour bike ride for Make-A-Wish. I did it last year and raised 1200$ for the cause, thanks to many of you. Here is the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20497&p=175657&hilit=48hourride#p175657

And proof. LOL
245AB4_0370.jpg

Yup... that is me on a recumbent bike. I also have a recumbent trike that I used when the weather got REALLY bad... more stable. LOL

This said, I ended up doing a total of over 270kms in 48hrs, as 2 teammates got hurt. So we were 4 to complete the relay race.

Problem for this year is... I can't be part of that team anymore, it being a company team... a company I quit from last November. LOL. Nevertheless, I will either join another existing team, or make my own, if other MAACA members are as crazy as I am. LOL

Here is the page for the race:

https://cause2give.unxvision.com/P2PWeb ... View=43385

It is held in Mirabel this year, at the ICAR circuit. Probably not as nice, but less of a nightmare to get to. LOL

As for doing the whole weight thing again, well, that might not be a bad idea. Life on the road put me back where I was at 265lbs. But I JUST started pedaling again... who knows... I could do it again.

Suggestions? LOL

Anyone want to tag along? A team of 6 has to raise 3600$ (600$ each)... very feasible...
Account deactivated

juztbecause
MAACA Collaborator

Re: Make-A-Wish 48-hour bike ride, PART DEUX!

Postby juztbecause » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:21 am

Donation made. The "Make A Wish" Foundation is an awesome organization. My sister in-law was a recipient of a wish and they are a first class organization. GLWTR (Good Luck With The Ride). Remember just like heavy equipment, riding a bike is always best "rubber side down". :)
Fun Fact: Why even eat Corn? It comes out just the same. We might as well eat pennies or little watch batteries. It would serve the same function.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:03 am

juztbecause wrote:Donation made. The "Make A Wish" Foundation is an awesome organization. My sister in-law was a recipient of a wish and they are a first class organization. GLWTR (Good Luck With The Ride). Remember just like heavy equipment, riding a bike is always best "rubber side down". :)

Thank you Darin!!! Super appreciated!!!
Account deactivated

singlezero

Postby singlezero » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:50 pm

A heartfelt thumbs up to this cause as it really touches home. My son angel Christopher was the recipient of a Make a Wish back in 2003 when diagnosed with Brainstem Glioma He had hoped to meet Adam Sandler but Adams schedule was much too busy that year with getting married and other things. All the children that benefit this have a very finite time to pack as much enjoyment into their lives as possible and indeed Make a Wish succeeds in truly bringing lasting memories .

I also remember make a wish having a fundraising event that was at the old mosport raceway . In the morning .. children and their families took rides in various vehicles on the track and the owners of exotic cars and vintage vehicles like lambourghinis ... had the opportunity to open up their cars without certain limits. in the afternoon, the public could pay 10 dollars and take a spin as passenger in the choice of car they wanted. im not sure if they still do that. more than likely liability insurance erased such memorable events.

I know we are beseeched by requests to donate at all times but it is ... truly one that reaps benefits in its undertakings.

not to hijack your thread Sparky but if I could also give a shout out to McHappy day coming on May 3 that supports the Ronald McDonald House. I try to give generously to this .. too as we spent 6 weeks there in Toronto right at the outset of the Sars scare and the support and .. generosity ... made troubling times.. much less stressful catering to the well being of our family.

I know Christopher is very much a part of my interest in pinballs and ... and I sometimes wonder what he would have thought of this game or that. and I can honestly say the thing that makes me smile the most is seeing kids of friends and their amazement playing pinball for the first time.

A special thank you

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:08 pm

Thanks for that! We all tend to focus on negative and inconsequential things these days... I am trying to focus on more important things.
Account deactivated

juztbecause
MAACA Collaborator

Postby juztbecause » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Sparky wrote:
juztbecause wrote:Donation made. The "Make A Wish" Foundation is an awesome organization. My sister in-law was a recipient of a wish and they are a first class organization. GLWTR (Good Luck With The Ride). Remember just like heavy equipment, riding a bike is always best "rubber side down". :)

Thank you Darin!!! Super appreciated!!!

My pleasure.

You give freely of your time for a great cause it is the least I can do.
Fun Fact: Why even eat Corn? It comes out just the same. We might as well eat pennies or little watch batteries. It would serve the same function.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:15 am

Thank you CDC99999!!!! Super appreciated!!!!
Account deactivated

pinhead
MAACA Goliath

Postby pinhead » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:02 pm

I just made a donation. Great cause!
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:40 pm

pinhead wrote:I just made a donation. Great cause!

Thank you so much, buddy!!!
Account deactivated

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Was thinking tonight... I may try to get myself a custom cycling jersey done... MAACA and House of Targ on it? ;)
Account deactivated

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Thank you Sylvain for your donation!!!!
Account deactivated

uberhare
MAACA Mage

Postby uberhare » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:55 pm

If you're short on team members let me know, I might be able to make it out. I just bought this:

Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, F2K, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Star Race, Stargate, Lucky Ace, RCT, Cyclone (on loan, now with a certain screw removed)
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Well, I am on a team now with ex-colleagues from Caterpillar. But it is still early. And I am not so aure you want to ride that crotch banana for 2 hours straight at 4 in the morning. Lol
Account deactivated

uberhare
MAACA Mage

Postby uberhare » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:18 pm

The crotch banana is just fine until the 6th beer...Then it becomes a death wish.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, F2K, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Star Race, Stargate, Lucky Ace, RCT, Cyclone (on loan, now with a certain screw removed)
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Fri May 19, 2017 1:15 pm

THANK YOU CAITLYN!!!!!
Account deactivated

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Thu May 25, 2017 3:04 pm

So, here is my latest announcement in regards to my donation drive for Make-A-Wish

1- ALL $ collected for ALL service calls until the event will be entirely donated to the Make-A-Wish bike ride.

2- ALL repairs done at Pincon in the Technician's Pit will be on an open donation basis, with all proceeds going to the Make-A-Wish bike ride.

So, have your crap fixed, and feel great about it for helping kids and their families out!!

Account deactivated

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Thu May 25, 2017 5:07 pm

THANK YOU DAVE W!!!!!!
Account deactivated

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Thu May 25, 2017 6:15 pm

WOOO...THANK YOU UNCLEBOO!!
Account deactivated

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Thu May 25, 2017 6:27 pm

Well, i asked my team captain if he had any more recruits for the team. So chances are I may just do my own team if he can't find 3 other guys from my old workplace.

A MAACA PINBALL team sounds nice. LOL . Would be cool if I found a trailer to sleep in and we make it party central. LOL
Account deactivated

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”