Canada PinCon - Call Out

Talk about anything that you would like.
Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Re: Canada PinCon - Call Out

Postby Chris Silver » Sun May 07, 2017 8:21 pm

ALJO wrote:OK, thanks Chris, what time do I have to show up at the convention saturday morning?

Set up at 8 o'clock. Doors open at 9:00 AM
Attachments
poster-b&w-anglais.jpg
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Stellar Wars, Beat The Clock, Tropics Isle (project pin)
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire!, Vector
WTB: Punk!, Spirit, Elektra, Mars god of War, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora, Centaur, Centaur II, Medusa, Buck Rogers
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

ALJO
MAACA Warrior

Postby ALJO » Mon May 08, 2017 7:25 am

OK, and how about if we want to give a hand for transporting games?
Can someone just send me a pm for places I have to go to pick up a few games for other members or what other method are you thinking about??

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Mon May 08, 2017 7:49 am

ALJO wrote:OK, and how about if we want to give a hand for transporting games?
Can someone just send me a pm for places I have to go to pick up a few games for other members or what other method are you thinking about??

Whatever you guys want to do to bring more pins. Keep it fun. When it turns into a job it's not worth it.

I love the social side of the hobby myself. Went to visit a buddy on Saturday. Looked at his pins, talked about pins and all said and done didn't even play a single game. Lol
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Stellar Wars, Beat The Clock, Tropics Isle (project pin)
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire!, Vector
WTB: Punk!, Spirit, Elektra, Mars god of War, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora, Centaur, Centaur II, Medusa, Buck Rogers

cdnpinballer
MAACA Goliath

Postby cdnpinballer » Mon May 08, 2017 10:11 am

Just booked my room at Stephanie's Inn for Saturday night. Price was $90 including taxes and breakfast.

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Mon May 08, 2017 10:26 am

cdnpinballer wrote:Just booked my room at Stephanie's Inn for Saturday night. Price was $90 including taxes and breakfast.

And that's bacon eggs and toast. :D

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Chris Silver wrote:
ALJO wrote:OK, thanks Chris, what time do I have to show up at the convention saturday morning?

Can you please link up this as a PDF? Acrobat makes printing something like this super easy.
BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan), DE Jurassic Park (loan)
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Centigrade 37, Fire Queen, Dimension, 2001, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: R-Type (w/ship), Strider, Spy Hunter (cockpit), Tetris
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Mon May 08, 2017 12:10 pm

cait001 wrote:
Chris Silver wrote:

Can you please link up this as a PDF? Acrobat makes printing something like this super easy.

I really only play pinball. I'm lucky I could use my cell phone to do text messages and take silly pictures to send to my brother-in-law.. LOL

My web guy is a little pre-disposed at the moment.

MCS
MAACA Collaborator

Postby MCS » Mon May 08, 2017 12:40 pm

cait001 wrote:Can you please link up this as a PDF?

Here you go, Cait (and anyone else who wants to print out 8.5" x 11" black and white posters for the event)!

poster-b&w-anglais.pdf
Canada PinCon 2017 B&W poster
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 11 times

shovelhed
MAACA Mage

Postby shovelhed » Tue May 09, 2017 5:05 am

I'll hustle to get the Donkey Kong done too! I know they aren't pins but vids are always fun.

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Tue May 09, 2017 6:07 am

shovelhed wrote:I'll hustle to get the Donkey Kong done too! I know they aren't pins but vids are always fun.

Vids are 100% welcome. As you can probably see, Canada PinCon is not following the norm when it comes to your average exposition or show. With a live band, large screens and roller derby presence, I'm trying to expand the atmosphere and make things more entertaining and interactive.

I'm looking forward to more vids and vid lovers. That leaves more pins open for me. ;)

Xylog
MAACA Mage

Postby Xylog » Tue May 09, 2017 6:53 am

Update: I have secure a truck to transport my machines to & from the show. There should be room for other peoples machines if anyone else would like transport. :)

If you can bring your machine to my house, I will be happy to deliver to the show (& back). Be assured that I treat every machine as if it were my own, so your babies will be as safe as can be. I even try to avoid potholes. :)

Located on Orleans.
Flash Gordon
Spy Hunter (Pinball)
Pinbot
Kick Off
RollerGames
Black Knight
Atlantis (Bally)
Dungeons & Dragons
Civic Center
Jungle Lord
Granny & The Gators
Show-Time (Bingo Project)

shovelhed
MAACA Mage

Postby shovelhed » Tue May 09, 2017 7:42 am

I am also in Orleans! This is good news. When would you go?

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:55 am

So will there be a roller derby match going on at the arena?? That'd be amazing.
BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan), DE Jurassic Park (loan)
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Centigrade 37, Fire Queen, Dimension, 2001, Out Of Sight

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Tue May 09, 2017 8:06 am

cait001 wrote:So will there be a roller derby match going on at the arena?? That'd be amazing.

There won't be a match. We did a cross promotion with their big event a couple weeks ago. I've been trying to blend the pinball and roller derby subcultures together. I've "married" them up with North Star and things are going well.

They will be there to hang out and enjoy our event. They might have sale tables to sell amongst each other.

cap
MAACA Collaborator

Postby cap » Tue May 09, 2017 8:17 am

Roller derby. Fond memories of the 70s. I remember watching it on the black and white TV and jumping head first on the sofa propelled by my bursting level of adrenaline, my young mind totally unaware this was a show, not a fight.
Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

cap
MAACA Collaborator

Postby cap » Tue May 09, 2017 8:25 am

Pinball, Roller Derby and Bowling, a perfect trio screaming for 70s nostalgia. All you are missing is the Drive In cinema. :thumbup

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:25 am

Chris Silver wrote:
cait001 wrote:So will there be a roller derby match going on at the arena?? That'd be amazing.

There won't be a match. We did a cross promotion with their big event a couple weeks ago. I've been trying to blend the pinball and roller derby subcultures together. I've "married" them up with North Star and things are going well.

They will be there to hang out and enjoy our event. They might have sale tables to sell amongst each other.

Also while playing in the pinball tournament you get randomly hip-checked once per game and have to scramble back to your feet to save your ball.

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Tue May 09, 2017 12:23 pm

cait001 wrote:
Chris Silver wrote:

Also while playing in the pinball tournament you get randomly hip-checked once per game and have to scramble back to your feet to save your ball.

You're going to love my Layout. You will have your space and something more special. Only Heisenberg knows and he won't talk. ;)

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Fri May 19, 2017 8:10 am

We have a great selection of pins and more to come. I have PMs from guys trying to get their machine convention ready before they post.

Starburst (Player One Amusements) have yet to announce what they will be bringing but they will be bringing every blockbuster they can get their hands on.

Let show the States that were not just some Mickey Mouse country up north. Bring more machines. I have the space and I have the power.

:mrgreen:

cap
MAACA Collaborator

Postby cap » Fri May 19, 2017 8:54 am

Chris Silver wrote:I have the power

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”