Canada PinCon - Call Out

Talk about anything that you would like.
Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Canada PinCon - Call Out

Post by Chris Silver »

For all of you that know me, I've always been a solid part of this community. I found Maaca because of the Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom Show. Sparky wrote the web address on a piece of paper for me and that was it.

The Ottawa Show advertised its first year - if you bring a machine you get in free. That was all I needed to hear. I had one machine back then (Space Station) and I knew I had to bring it. Saving a couple of bucks is always nice but realistically I knew inside these events don't happen without people like myself.

This is just a small call out to all Maaca members that Canada PinCon and the Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom Show needs your help. It's a lot of work putting an event like this together and we would appreciate any assistance from you. Without machines there aren't conventions and it's impossible for an event like this to be done by corporations. It's a labour of love. It is a little work to bring a machine out of your house, but in the end if somebody's playing it that leaves more machines open for you to play. We're trying to make an Allentown of the north and improve on the concept of conventions.

These events are always a good excuse to see buddies from far and a great resource to yourselves and pinball related companies involved. If we don't do it, nobody else will.

Bring a pinball machine or arcade game and get in free! You also get a free t-shirt and a nice cold Beau's Brewery Beer.

Bring a game let's have some fun. :)
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Re: Canada PinCon - Call Out

Post by Mrhide »

fine :)

if I bring Creature on saturday is that good? Or Dracula?
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

Mrhide wrote:fine :)

Either is fine. Creature is a blast and women like Dracula.

Doors open at 9:00 AM so try to get in early. The flea market is going to be full and rocking at that time. Sparky is bringing a lot of shit and The Church of the Silver ball will have an unknown amount of goodies.

There are no steps or bumps. Set up will be super easy and we have tons of power everywhere.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania

dr.nybble
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by dr.nybble »

Chris -- I think it would be good to keep a master list of all of the committed pins....for me I will bring "Top Score"!
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Yeah do it up like in prior years: let people call out what they're bringing, and edit a master list in the first post.

Mrhide wrote:NEW: Looking for *complete* Robowar box!
LMFAO
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Craig
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Craig »

I would like to make available my 1980 Black Knight.

Craig
Bally: Paragon, Bobby Orr Power Play, Harlem Globetrotters, Hotdoggin, Fathom, Eight Ball Deluxe,
Classic Stern: Stars, Big Game, Nine Ball, Seawitch, Freefall, Star Gazer
Williams: Space Shuttle
Gottlieb: Volley, Atlantis, Count Down
Stern: Demolition Man, Metallica Premium, Iron Maiden Premium, Elvira's House of Horrors Premium, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Premium

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Post by Mrhide »

cait001 wrote:
Mrhide wrote:NEW: Looking for *complete* Robowar box!
LMFAO

:lol:
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

Mrhide wrote:fine :)

Josh is bringing a Stern Dracula so it's your call. :mrgreen:

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

RAB's 1930 Bally Bumper is nickel play as well. He usually has a small bowl of Nichols beside the game.

Early June the weather shouldn't be too bad. To the bottom of the rafters is approximately 24 feet. It's in an NHL grade hockey arena.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

The curiousities are the best part of a con! And I think JF is bringing a bingo, too?
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

shovelhed
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by shovelhed »

I'd bring my Dragon's Lair but don't have any way to transport it.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

shovelhed wrote:I'd bring my Dragon's Lair but don't have any way to transport it.
Ive heard A few people saying they don't have transport. The nice thing about Maaca is that you guys could post a thread requesting transport from other members.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Chris Silver wrote:
shovelhed wrote:I'd bring my Dragon's Lair but don't have any way to transport it.
Ive heard A few people saying they don't have transport. The nice thing about Maaca is that you guys could post a thread requesting transport from other members.
If someone wants to rent a communal ottawa truck, I will pitch money towards that. $60 from me.

shovelhed
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by shovelhed »

If there's a truck, I could avail myself of arms to help lift and perhaps bring other games. I'm finishing a Donkey Kong restore now and will start Tron next.

I'd also help with Van cost and help lift at next destination.

tombiosis
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by tombiosis »

I would pitch in on a truck as well. Could bring a 6M$M if there was a truck...I have a pick up, but if it rains that would be bad.
Also, would need help to load it if I were to bring it.
Pins: 8BDlx, Rush Pro, The Walking Dead Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Deadpool Pro, Tommy.
Gone but not forgotten: 6M$M, Fish Tales, Sorcerer, WPT, Elvis, Centaur II, Sure Shot, Firepower, Big Buck Hunter Pro, JP pro, EBD1984.

WTB: Fathom, TSPP, BSD, GOT.

Quit talking and start chalking!

eightball
MAACA New Contributor

Post by eightball »

I'd be happy to pitch in for an Ottawa to Hbury truck as well. I have two pins at my place that want to go to pincon, but I only have room for one in my vehicle. I am available on the Friday to help with the loading of any machines which need it!
Playing: Eight Ball, Sky Jump, Paragon, Dirty Harry, AC/DC pro
Gone but not forgotten: Harlem Globetrotters
Wanted: More space for pinball machines

Xylog
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Xylog »

FYI, I should have a truck available for the show. I don't have confirmation as of yet, which is why I haven't mentioned it.

It should have space in it after all of my machines are in for others.

More info the second I know more! :)
Flash Gordon, Genesis, RollerGames, Black Knight 2000,
Atlantis(Bally), Civic Center, Granny & The Gators, Expressway,
Flash Baseball, Time Machine, Badcats
LF: Bigger House

Heisenberg
MAACA New Contributor
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Heisenberg »

Really loving the community sprint you are all showing right now. Thats why Chris and and myself are trying to make this the best event ever, for great people like you.
"I am the one who knocks"

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

If Aljo's truck come through and he has enough space for everyone else and we don't do the rental, I'll pitch in on gas. Whatever it takes to get the max # of machines there.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

If you're not there Sunday afternoon, I think people coming from Ottawa might still need to rent a van to get them home

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

cait001 wrote:If you're not there Sunday afternoon, I think people coming from Ottawa might still need to rent a van to get them home
There is no hurry on the Sunday to remove the pins. Might have an extra day or two. Anyway you look at it, people can store pins at my place five minutes down the road. Easy unload into my clean garage.

Stephanie's Motel Aljo is five minutes from the convention as well and costs $90 a night.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

ALJO wrote:OK, thanks Chris, what time do I have to show up at the convention saturday morning?
Set up at 8 o'clock. Doors open at 9:00 AM
Attachments
poster-b&w-anglais.jpg

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

ALJO wrote:OK, and how about if we want to give a hand for transporting games?
Can someone just send me a pm for places I have to go to pick up a few games for other members or what other method are you thinking about??
Whatever you guys want to do to bring more pins. Keep it fun. When it turns into a job it's not worth it.

I love the social side of the hobby myself. Went to visit a buddy on Saturday. Looked at his pins, talked about pins and all said and done didn't even play a single game. Lol

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cdnpinballer »

Just booked my room at Stephanie's Inn for Saturday night. Price was $90 including taxes and breakfast.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

cdnpinballer wrote:Just booked my room at Stephanie's Inn for Saturday night. Price was $90 including taxes and breakfast.
And that's bacon eggs and toast. :D