Looking for 1963 Midway Pitch and Bat parts.

Wanted Pinball Parts only Please
mwpotvin@rogers.com
MAACA New Contributor

Looking for 1963 Midway Pitch and Bat parts.

Post by mwpotvin@rogers.com »

Having problems with the bat mechanism or switches for my 1963 Midway Slugger EM. Please contact me if you have any parts. The Midway Carnival has identical parts. Might be interested in a donor machine. Mike 613-722-9614.

mcesa1
MAACA New Contributor

Re: Looking for 1963 Midway Pitch and Bat parts.

Post by mcesa1 »

Hello,

Did you have any luck with the bat and batting mechanism, I too have the same machine and mine is missing the mechanism completely and the bat. If you managed to find one can you share where I can look for one? I live in Hamilton Ontario

fast_in_muskoka
MAACA New Contributor

Post by fast_in_muskoka »

Either of you guys have an electrical schematic and / or manual for these pitch and bats that you wold be willing to share ?

I'm working on a '65 PLAY BALL Midway game and this would really help out.

Steve

mcesa1
MAACA New Contributor

Post by mcesa1 »

I do have a schematic for it, I will try and figure out how to copy it for you. Would you know where I can get the batting mechanism and bat?

mcesa1
MAACA New Contributor

Post by mcesa1 »

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... ay-slugger If you scroll down on this site you will see the schematic

fast_in_muskoka
MAACA New Contributor

thanks for the link, I'll check that out. I have not found any significant parts foe these anywhere, maybe dude at THE PINBALL RESOURCE might have an idea where to find 'em ?

amona
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by amona »

fast_in_muskoka wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:18 am Either of you guys have an electrical schematic and / or manual for these pitch and bats that you wold be willing to share ?

Steve
Did you ever find any of the paper work that goes with this machine? I just got one and it is not looking like it will be one of the easier repair jobs. Stood it up for the first time last night and was not happy at all to hear the score motor struggling to make it around. But it did make it around! Too cold in the garage to get enthusiastic and do much else on it today.

Anyone know what size, type and how many balls go in this?
"Stern's biggest target demographic is men in their late forties and fifties, who might not be very skilled but are easily seduced by flashing lights, flippers and nostalgia." Corey McPherrin, FOX Chicago News

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Guard »

I just picked one up that was outside for the winter. I see your Barrie, I'm in Guelph....maybe after lockdown we can compare notes. I don't know if mine will ever work again but there are parts if nothing else
Attachments
20210423_111536.jpg
20210423_111335.jpg
20210423_111316.jpg
20210423_111307.jpg
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

novaguy
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 2 times

Post by novaguy »

Guard wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:22 pm I just picked one up that was outside for the winter. I see your Barrie, I'm in Guelph....maybe after lockdown we can compare notes. I don't know if mine will ever work again but there are parts if nothing else
Looks like a neat little pitch and bat.get it working.

amona
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by amona »

Guard wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:22 pm I just picked one up that was outside for the winter. I see your Barrie, I'm in Guelph....maybe after lockdown we can compare notes. I don't know if mine will ever work again but there are parts if nothing else
Mine wasn't outside all winter - yours still looks better. Much! I have the Midway Play Ball.

It is supposed to look like this
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1815

It doesn't, though it tries. Cabinet is in some serious distress but is just solid enough to stand up. Wrong bat coil is installed with what looks to be a hack to have it fit right. about 1/3 of the baseball drop targets stick enough I doubt the ball could knock them over if I could get the bat to swing and if I recall the targets across the back of the playfield are in the wrong order.

This one might take a while
"Stern's biggest target demographic is men in their late forties and fifties, who might not be very skilled but are easily seduced by flashing lights, flippers and nostalgia." Corey McPherrin, FOX Chicago News

fast_in_muskoka
MAACA New Contributor

I never found any paperwork for my machine, and mine had a qty of 3 x 3/4" steel balls in it. Steve
amona wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:49 pm
fast_in_muskoka wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:18 am Either of you guys have an electrical schematic and / or manual for these pitch and bats that you wold be willing to share ?

Steve
Did you ever find any of the paper work that goes with this machine? I just got one and it is not looking like it will be one of the easier repair jobs. Stood it up for the first time last night and was not happy at all to hear the score motor struggling to make it around. But it did make it around! Too cold in the garage to get enthusiastic and do much else on it today.

Anyone know what size, type and how many balls go in this?

mcesa1
MAACA New Contributor

Post by mcesa1 »

|I Keep looking and looking for the batting mechanism and the pitching mechanism but no go, these machines are a rare find.