[FOUND] LF: white posts

Wanted Pinball Parts only Please
cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

[FOUND] LF: white posts

Post by cait001 »

Shopping a 1976 Gottlieb Sure Shot and found a few of these white posts are cracked. Anyone in Ottawa have extras I could buy? Need 2 but would take 8 for spares. Doesn't need to be new.
Would love to pickup this weekend in Ottawa.
20180608_215619.jpg
Too bad I didn't know before Pincon!
Last edited by cait001 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Re: LF: white posts

Post by cdnpinballer »

I have a ziplock bag full of those. I'm around all weekend. :)

spiroagnew
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by spiroagnew »

When I restored my Sure Shot, I ran into the same issue with the posts. Many disintegrated upon removal. It was a widespread issue with Sure Shots and other titles released that year, I'm told.
Rob
creditdotpinball.com

knazzo
MAACA New Contributor

Post by knazzo »

I have some NOS for sale.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

spiroagnew wrote:When I restored my Sure Shot, I ran into the same issue with the posts. Many disintegrated upon removal. It was a widespread issue with Sure Shots and other titles released that year, I'm told.
Bally used the same facetted post from the same supplier as Gottlieb for a while. They probably made thousands of these softer plastic posts which split if the post nut was over tightened till they switched back to making them tougher. I've seen these split posts on Old Chicago, Hocus Pocus, Flip Flop, Surf Champ, and lots of others I can't think of right now.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Re: [FOUND] LF: white posts

Post by cait001 »

thanks for the posts Lee!
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings