Taken! Free semi-MAME'd Tempest cabinet - Markham Ontario

Arcade Machines only Please
ericball
MAACA New Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Taken! Free semi-MAME'd Tempest cabinet - Markham Ontario

Post by ericball »

I'm giving away my semi-MAME'd Tempest cabinet. You just need to bring some way to get it out of my basement and to your home. Read on if you're interested.

Many many moons ago (2004) I rescued a Tempest cabinet from the curb. No monitor or marquee, but it did have the control panel. (Also the PCBs, but those were given away to someone who could use them to bring their cabinet to life.) I had grand plans to set it up with MAME to play Tempest and other games using the original controls. While it's basically functional, it never reached the "complete" stage.

What you will be getting: cabinet with control panel (including original spinner & volcano buttons) & coin door, IBM P200 XGA 21" monitor (decased and mounted), custom speaker "marquee", along with a "tall" coin door and any other parts I find laying around.

For $100 I'll throw in a brand new Ultimarc UHID to replace the hacked keyboard & mouse controllers, PC with AtomicFE and MAME ready to play and a stereo receiver/amp to drive those speakers.
Last edited by ericball on Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steph
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 49 times

Re: Free semi-MAME'd Tempest cabinet - Markham Ontario

Post by Steph »

A new member giving away a beautiful Tempest Cabinet ...

You will be well-liked here ! ;-)

Welcome aboard...

Steph
2084 : Last Hope for Humanity