Multicade Kingston ?

Wanted Arcade Machines only Please
megadeth1977
MAACA Buck

Multicade Kingston ?

Postby megadeth1977 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:35 pm

Anyone bought a multicade of Chris in Kingston? Debating buying one and wondered if any issues? lookin at stand up unit with the 2000 or so titles.
Pins:Freddy's Nightmare On Elm Street, Waterworld, Metallica Pro LED NIB,

Arcades:Neo Geo 1-slot, Playchoice -10 dual monitor with gun, Multi-cade cocktail, Mega-touch,

pharoah007
MAACA Wacko

Re: Multicade Kingston ?

Postby pharoah007 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:58 am

99% whatever you buy from him it's just something he's reselling.
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky
"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi
"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes
"Friendship is not about what you NEED from the other person."
- Me
I am with us.

megadeth1977
MAACA Buck

Postby megadeth1977 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:04 am

pharoah007 wrote:99% whatever you buy from him it's just something he's reselling.

\
I imagine that rings true for 99% of sellers on here be it parts, pinball arcades etc...right? I am just trying to find someone who has bought one of these units off of Chris and if warranty issues came up etc.....does he stand behind his product? I see a lot of highly negative posts pertaining to him but I take it with a grain a salt as it seems the pinball world is a variable "mine field" so to speak so much so terrorists would be jealous. This of course is just my experience.

Arcades:Neo Geo 1-slot, Playchoice -10 dual monitor with gun, Multi-cade cocktail, Mega-touch,

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Postby mrmikeman » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:50 am

His stuff tends to be overpriced and aimed towards folks who don’t know where to get pinballs or amusement devices. I don’t think you’ll find many MAACA members who would buy from him. I know I looked into buying from him but he is selling nib sterns for 2000$ more than Player One yet he is not an authorized Stern dealer. Red flag for me..

His multicade stuff may be different/better.
Current Lineup:

PINS
STTNG - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Road Show - full LED, Pinsound & accessory controller(for topper), custom topper
Doctor Who - Alt Translite, moving Dalek, full LED, Pinsound & shaker, LED&GI OCD, ColorDMD
Stern Jurassic Park LE - Pinstadiums, custom topper, bunch of mods (Mezelmod)
NIB MMrRE coming 2020 :shock:

WANTED:
LOTR
SW Prem
WOZ (any edition except YBR)

JUKES
Rock-Ola 446 - Up and running and soon to be on Kijiji :D
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Project. I have it working mechanically but no sound yet. :?

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

Murphelman
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Murphelman » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:51 pm

Just buy an Arcade 1up and mod it. They are super easy to do. Can probably do one all in for like $500
Own
Stern: Black Knight: SoR, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, Walking Dead, Jurassic Park
Bally/Williams: Shadow (out on trade), Twilight Zone, Demolition Man, Fish Tales, Judge Dredd, Jack*Bot
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Nothing
Bally: Future Spa, F14 Tomcat
Williams: Laser Ball

Wishlist
Baywatch, Transformers, X-Men, Stern Star Trek, Paragon, Metallica, GnR, GoT
:mrgreen:

pharoah007
MAACA Wacko

Postby pharoah007 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:14 pm

Wanna see Kingston Chris loose the cane and move faster than Ben Johnson?

Back when TZ was approx a 4K game, we were at a show and played a trick on a buddy of ours by reducing the price on his TZ to 2K (or something like those numbers).

Kingsoton Chris lost his need of a cane and came sprinting over to buy the TZ!!

Good times.
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky
- Allentown produce Nazi
"Balsamic please"
- Me
I am with us.

megadeth1977
MAACA Buck

Postby megadeth1977 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:39 pm

pharoah007 wrote:Wanna see Kingston Chris loose the cane and move faster than Ben Johnson?

Back when TZ was approx a 4K game, we were at a show and played a trick on a buddy of ours by reducing the price on his TZ to 2K (or something like those numbers).

Good times.

Hmmm, he did not have a notable disability at the pinball show this year in Ottawa. perhaps he was faking to begin with?

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:45 am

Well, I will be on the more positive side to give more perspective. Pricey? Yes. But the builds are pretty solid. He uses new wood for his cabinets, has very nice graphics on them, uses tried, tested and true multijamma boards, new monitors and new hardware.

Sure, you can get one from someone for 500$. But not all of the machine is new.

You can't compare these to those made by collectors. A collector doesn't look at his cost when building a game. He has no business to run.

And if not by Chris, there is a gentleman in Drummondville that builds nice ones as well, with all new materials.
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

megadeth1977
MAACA Buck

Postby megadeth1977 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:06 am

Sparky wrote:Well, I will be on the more positive side to give more perspective. Pricey? Yes. But the builds are pretty solid. He uses new wood for his cabinets, has very nice graphics on them, uses tried, tested and true multijamma boards, new monitors and new hardware.

Sure, you can get one from someone for 500$. But not all of the machine is new.

You can't compare these to those made by collectors. A collector doesn't look at his cost when building a game. He has no business to run.

And if not by Chris, there is a gentleman in Drummondville that builds nice ones as well, with all new materials.

Really appreciate the information man! I looked at other MAME homemade units for half the price and they are a damn eyesore. That bein said I think Chris was asking around $2400 all in and they are easy on the eye. Perhaps he might even have "pandemic pricing" since 70% unemployment rate is about to become REAL. I have been weighing back and fourth on a used pinball for the same $ VS a brand new MAME and I think the MAME wins out.

megadeth1977
MAACA Buck

Postby megadeth1977 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:54 pm

Bought a nice sweet multi-cade with 1300 titles for $2400 all in for price reference. 1 year warranty. I know MANY people shit on Chris but his MAME units are T I G H T> not a eyesore. Now I need to find a pinball OR two. 2condly you know what your getting....no missin parts, no lies and someone who has the resources to do a in-house repair if necessary....CHEERS !

Godfather
MAACA Silent Type

Postby Godfather » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:20 am

My buddy bought a cocktail arcade machine off of him and it hasn't been a year and its not working.
He asked me to look at it, i said i would IF they don't fix it or say he's out of warranty.
No clue If he's reached out to them or not.

The arcades themselves are wrapped in what i guess vinyl. The look good buttons, joystick all seem to be premium stock.

megadeth1977
MAACA Buck

Postby megadeth1977 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:50 am

Godfather wrote:My buddy bought a cocktail arcade machine off of him and it hasn't been a year and its not working.
He asked me to look at it, i said i would IF they don't fix it or say he's out of warranty.
No clue If he's reached out to them or not.

The arcades themselves are wrapped in what i guess vinyl. The look good buttons, joystick all seem to be premium stock.

I'll hopefully not have to cross that bridge.

pharoah007
MAACA Wacko

Postby pharoah007 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:44 am

what hardware is in the unit?
-Sparky
- Allentown produce Nazi
"Balsamic please"
- Me
I am with us.

megadeth1977
MAACA Buck

Postby megadeth1977 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:18 am

pharoah007 wrote:what hardware is in the unit?

Have not a clue other then they are the exact same one's that were at the 19 Pinball Ottawa Expo. BTW if anyone is concerned we were outside and every one was gloved up and away a good distance from one another. Wish Home hardware took that initiative. Poor wife has to work their as they are considered essential.

pharoah007
MAACA Wacko

Postby pharoah007 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:21 am

megadeth1977 wrote:
pharoah007 wrote:what hardware is in the unit?

Have not a clue other then they are the exact same one's that were at the 19 Pinball Ottawa Expo. BTW if anyone is concerned we were outside and every one was gloved up and away a good distance from one another. Wish Home hardware took that initiative. Poor wife has to work their as they are considered essential.

Take a picture of the main PCB and I can prob tell you.
-Sparky
- Allentown produce Nazi
"Balsamic please"
- Me
I am with us.

TwilightZone
MAACA Wacko

Postby TwilightZone » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:49 am

pharoah007 wrote:Wanna see Kingston Chris loose the cane and move faster than Ben Johnson?

Good times.

Good times, indeed. He was still panting from the sprint when he gasped, "I want to buy your game" as he grabbed my shoulder. I'm in the middle of a game of pinball and say sure. He says something to the effect of "right now", so I have to stop mid-game and try to keep up with him as we rush back to "my game". At this point, I have no idea you SOBs switched the price card :lol: . So I walk around and see my card on the TZ. I burst out laughing and tell him that's not my game. Chris was not impressed and his smile turned upside down pretty quick. I still laugh when I think about it and I'm smiling now.
Looking for web/graphic design, hosting, application Development, or CMS design/hosting?

MarketAccess Communications Inc.
Providing exceptional services for Small Business, Associations and Government
http://www.marketaccess.ca

Just Accessibility - Accessible Document Consulting and Remediation
https://www.justaccessibility.com/

Hosted in Canada Surveys
http://www.hostedincanadasurveys.ca/

Murphelman
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Murphelman » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:58 am

APPARENTLY HE CAN'T SEE OR HEAR EITHER BECAUSE EVERYHTING HE TYPES IS IN CAPS!!
Own
Stern: Black Knight: SoR, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, Walking Dead, Jurassic Park
Bally/Williams: Shadow (out on trade), Twilight Zone, Demolition Man, Fish Tales, Judge Dredd, Jack*Bot
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Nothing
Bally: Future Spa, F14 Tomcat
Williams: Laser Ball

Wishlist
Baywatch, Transformers, X-Men, Stern Star Trek, Paragon, Metallica, GnR, GoT
:mrgreen:

Return to “Arcade Machines WANTED / Machines Arcades Recherchées”