WTB: Marvel Vs Capcom 2 or Naomi Cab

Wanted Arcade Machines only Please
Peter_55_55
MAACA New Contributor

WTB: Marvel Vs Capcom 2 or Naomi Cab

Post by Peter_55_55 »

Greetings All,

I'm just starting to get into Arcade machines. I grew up playing in the arcades in the 90's.
I'm looking for a Marvel Vs Capcom 2 cab. From what I'm hearing and reading, its very hard to find as most people hang on to it.
I was told that I should also consider a Naomi cabinet and try and swap out the cartridge.
Is anyone aware or have any info on where I can obtain one?
Just signed up so please excuse the noob questions.

I live in Montreal (in the north shore).

Appreciate it.

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Re: WTB: Marvel Vs Capcom 2 or Naomi Cab

Post by Mrhide »

Peter_55_55 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:31 am Greetings All,
I'm just starting to get into Arcade machines. I grew up playing in the arcades in the 90's.
I'm looking for a Marvel Vs Capcom 2 cab. From what I'm hearing and reading, its very hard to find as most people hang on to it.
I was told that I should also consider a Naomi cabinet and try and swap out the cartridge.
Is anyone aware or have any info on where I can obtain one?
Just signed up so please excuse the noob questions.
I live in Montreal (in the north shore).
Appreciate it.
Hello,

Hey thanks for pointing me to this game ... it's indeed better than the first one!

"grew up in the arcades in the 90's" ... Welcome, you're at the right place ;)

That being said, you're looking for a very specific cab and you'll need to be patient (or rich :) ) if it's really the one you want.

a "naomi cab" is a bit unclear. if you're talking about a "Sega Naomi Universal" candy cabinet, they are almost impossible to find locally. You might have more luck finding a Vewlix Cab (Taito's more recent LCD cabinet). See "http://vewlixshop.com/shop/" which is actually in Montréal (but pricy).

Once you get the cab, you'll need to can a multi naomi setup ( google "naomi pi force" and read on ...) that you could put in any generic cab, if you have the proper setup.

Naomi is a bit picky but in a nutshell:

- Naomi is JVS (Jamma Video System), the successor of JAMMA (Japanese Arcade Machine Manufacturer Association); if you have a jamma CAB, you'll need a "jamma i/o board", which converts the JVS to JAMMA. (vewlix are JVS ready)

If there were no Covid restrictions, I would invite you to come and see that setup ... perhaps later.
Good luck with your search
IMG_2792.jpg
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

Peter_55_55
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Peter_55_55 »

Hey there!
Is this the setup you have? If yes, I'M SO JEALOUS!
I was told that I should start by looking for a cabinet that has a Sega Naomi motherboard inside and then it would be as simple as swapping out the cartridge inside as it is impossible to find a MVC2 dedicated cab.
Please do stay in touch as I have absolutely no idea where to start.

I never knew that they would be this impossible to find. Back in the day, when I used to play them in the Arcades, they were everywhere. It seems like they have all disappeared.

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by HPR Pinball »

The easy way to play tons of fighting games from 90's is mame, but unfortunately this title not already available but 99% are available
The video game i want to play is always the one i don't have :FP:
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

HPR Pinball wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:12 pm The easy way to play tons of fighting games from 90's is mame, but unfortunately this title not already available but 99% are available

Un puriste qui dit d’utiliser mame pour des jeux qu’il n’aime pas ?! Ohhh!!! :)
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

Peter_55_55 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:42 pm Hey there!
Is this the setup you have? If yes, I'M SO JEALOUS!
I was told that I should start by looking for a cabinet that has a Sega Naomi motherboard inside and then it would be as simple as swapping out the cartridge inside as it is impossible to find a MVC2 dedicated cab.
Please do stay in touch as I have absolutely no idea where to start.

I never knew that they would be this impossible to find. Back in the day, when I used to play them in the Arcades, they were everywhere. It seems like they have all disappeared.

Yeah it is ONE of the setups i have ;) ...

I also have
a MVS multi for all the neogeo fighting games.
A Capcom CPS2 multi for all the SF fighters
2 vertical cabs for Schmups

Yes if you find a naomi cab, it would mean everything else is setup already and you can change the catridge but the thing is: that game is almost as expensive as a Netdimm... so if have not bought the catridge yet, i recommend you look into getting a netdimm. From there, a rasberry pie and a zero key chip will allow you to load almost all games.

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG

Post by HPR Pinball »

Mrhide wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:32 am
HPR Pinball wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:12 pm The easy way to play tons of fighting games from 90's is mame, but unfortunately this title not already available but 99% are available

Honnêtement l'étiquette puriste ne me va pas. Si tu a regardé mes dernières restoration de pins tu ve comprendre que c'est autre chose qui me motive.

J'aime pratiquement toute les games d'arcade, j'ai entre autre beaucoup jouer a sreet fighter sur console ha ha par exemple!

Mame est la plus belle chose qui soit arrivé dans ce hobby mais il faut que ce soit fait correctement sinon on perds tout le plaisir de l'expérience réelle des games.

Peter_55_55
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Peter_55_55 »

HPR Pinball wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:31 pm
Mrhide wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:32 am

Honnêtement l'étiquette puriste ne me va pas. Si tu a regardé mes dernières restoration de pins tu ve comprendre que c'est autre chose qui me motive.

J'aime pratiquement toute les games d'arcade, j'ai entre autre beaucoup jouer a sreet fighter sur console ha ha par exemple!

Mame est la plus belle chose qui soit arrivé dans ce hobby mais il faut que ce soit fait correctement sinon on perds tout le plaisir de l'expérience réelle des games.
You and I have to talk one day. I'd love to pick your brain seeing that you have the knowledge. I just picked up a MVC arcade in a Dynamo cab. I'm restoring the artwork and so far it looks great...but its not MVC2....
I have MAME on a PC as well but its not what I want...but I do see the convenience in having all these games play through emulation.

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

Hey a dynamo cab is good!!

Pictures or it didn’t happened!! :D

Peter_55_55
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Peter_55_55 »

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG

Post by HPR Pinball »

Yeah install a mame inside this cab!

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG

Post by HPR Pinball »

En passant essai l'émulateur Demul.
J'ai installé mvsc2 et ca fonctionne mais mon vieux laptop est trop lent.
Un bon pc moderne avec un I5 devrait faire l'affaire :-)