Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts any T unit or wolf Boards as well

WANTED arcade parts only
User avatar
nostalgiaqc
MAACA Barbarian
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am
Location: rawdon

Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts any T unit or wolf Boards as well

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi looking for pcboards sound boards and other parts needed to rebuild this classic.thx

Je cherche des pcboard ou pièces pour restauré ce merveilleux classique!

You Will even see it in a tournement soon!
Elle fera sûrement parti du tournoi dans un prochain futur!

Merci d'avance !
Thx in advance!
Yan
Last edited by nostalgiaqc on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pharoah007
MAACA Death Knight
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa/Gatineau
Contact:

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby pharoah007 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:27 pm

What tournament?
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky

"I don't give a Fvck"
- Honey Badger

"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi

" The Honey Badger wants some bananas"
- Woody

"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes

I am with us.

User avatar
nostalgiaqc
MAACA Barbarian
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am
Location: rawdon

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:11 pm

pharoah007 wrote:What tournament?
i will
Most probably be organizing a tournement this summer between the two realms.
Prepare yourselfs Mortals!

User avatar
pharoah007
MAACA Death Knight
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa/Gatineau
Contact:

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby pharoah007 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:25 pm

Well your MK 1 and MK 2 tournament winner is right here.

Be advised that MK uses clicker joysticks WITHOUT the lever arms on the clickers. Reason being moves in the MK series were unlike the Street Fighter series.

Example. A simple "fireball"

Street fighter = down, down+forward, forward, button.
MK = down, forward, button.

The game will play with either style joystick, just a matter of if you want it authentic or not.
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky

"I don't give a Fvck"
- Honey Badger

"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi

" The Honey Badger wants some bananas"
- Woody

"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes

I am with us.


User avatar
nostalgiaqc
MAACA Barbarian
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am
Location: rawdon

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:32 pm

pharoah007 wrote:Well your MK 1 and MK 2 tournament winner is right here.

Be advised that MK uses clicker joysticks WITHOUT the lever arms on the clickers. Reason being moves in the MK series were unlike the Street Fighter series.

Example. A simple "fireball"

Street fighter = down, down+forward, forward, button.
MK = down, forward, button.

The game will play with either style joystick, just a matter of if you want it authentic or not.


Im glad to see you Will like to participate as a challenger,everybody is welcome .

And yes i agree about the joysticks.
Could you recommend the place (supplier) where they sell the authentic joysticks
Thx

User avatar
pharoah007
MAACA Death Knight
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa/Gatineau
Contact:

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby pharoah007 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:15 am

Now that I think about it a bit more...you are better off to get the lever clicker type joysticks. They play the same to the untrained hand and will work better if you swap in other fighters like SF or KI.

I have always liked X-arcade joysticks and last time I checked (years ago) they were cheaper than Happ.

https://shop.xgaming.com/collections/ar ... 20-buttons
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky

"I don't give a Fvck"
- Honey Badger

"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi

" The Honey Badger wants some bananas"
- Woody

"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes

I am with us.

User avatar
Dave W.
MAACA Mage
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 pm
Location: Montreal (Ile Perrot)

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby Dave W. » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 am

Happ used to get their joysticks from IL (Industrias Lorenzo), and these were used in MK/MK2 cabs.
But for close to 10 years now, Happ now gets their joysticks from Suzo... so no longer a genuine replacement (cheaper parts and not the same feel when you play).
If you want the real joysticks used in an MK/MK2 cabinet in the 90's, this is what you want :

2 sources
https://www.focusattack.com/industrias- ... stick-red/
https://paradisearcadeshop.com/eurostic ... 10059.html

EDIT : Just realized I provided links to sites where the product is currently sold out. Sorry about that... but at least you know the model to look for.

Have fun!

User avatar
nostalgiaqc
MAACA Barbarian
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am
Location: rawdon

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:38 am

Thx Dave, i really want to make a genuine MK2 cab so this info is crutial.
Cheers

User avatar
pharoah007
MAACA Death Knight
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa/Gatineau
Contact:

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby pharoah007 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:32 am

Dave W. wrote:Happ used to get their joysticks from IL (Industrias Lorenzo), and these were used in MK/MK2 cabs.
But for close to 10 years now, Happ now gets their joysticks from Suzo... so no longer a genuine replacement (cheaper parts and not the same feel when you play).
If you want the real joysticks used in an MK/MK2 cabinet in the 90's, this is what you want :

2 sources
https://www.focusattack.com/industrias- ... stick-red/
https://paradisearcadeshop.com/eurostic ... 10059.html

EDIT : Just realized I provided links to sites where the product is currently sold out. Sorry about that... but at least you know the model to look for.

Have fun!


Both these links are to the non lever clicker type joysticks I mentioned earlier. The square piece in the middle replaces the round piece in lever clicker joysticks.

As I said earlier, I put some thought into it and you want the lever style. I have used both and the lever style is a superior joystick for my .02$ Worth about .04$ on this one as I have some experience with both.
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky

"I don't give a Fvck"
- Honey Badger

"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi

" The Honey Badger wants some bananas"
- Woody

"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes

I am with us.

User avatar
nostalgiaqc
MAACA Barbarian
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am
Location: rawdon

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:19 pm

The iL eurojoystick are like the orignal ,no?
The non clicky smooth genuine experience is what i need!

User avatar
pharoah007
MAACA Death Knight
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa/Gatineau
Contact:

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby pharoah007 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:59 pm

nostalgiaqc wrote:The iL eurojoystick are like the orignal ,no?
The non clicky smooth genuine experience is what i need!

Original = link from Dave W.
SMOOTH = link to X-arcade (lever switches)
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky

"I don't give a Fvck"
- Honey Badger

"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi

" The Honey Badger wants some bananas"
- Woody

"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes

I am with us.

User avatar
Mrhide
MAACA Dark Lord
Posts: 11146
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:59 pm
Location: Laval

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby Mrhide » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:45 pm

moi j'ai le board de UMK3 ... mais il roule NBA jam maximum hangtime pour l'instant ;)

et bruler les 25 roms que ca prends c'était pas un cadeau!@#!@# donc ca va prendre un ti boutte pour UMK3 ! mais tu peux checker pour ces boards la qui vont faire: ( oui, les roms sont hacker pour bypasser le security chip)

Mortal Kombat 3
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
NBA Hangtime
Rampage World Tour
NHL: 2-on-2 Open Ice Challenge
WWF: WrestleMania
Maximum NBA Hangtime
LF: EGRET 2 or 3 + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!
Image

User avatar
pharoah007
MAACA Death Knight
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa/Gatineau
Contact:

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby pharoah007 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:56 pm

Mrhide wrote:moi j'ai le board de UMK3 ... mais il roule NBA jam maximum hangtime pour l'instant ;)

et bruler les 25 roms que ca prends c'était pas un cadeau!@#!@# donc ca va prendre un ti boutte pour UMK3 ! mais tu peux checker pour ces boards la qui vont faire: ( oui, les roms sont hacker pour bypasser le security chip)

Mortal Kombat 3
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
NBA Hangtime
Rampage World Tour
NHL: 2-on-2 Open Ice Challenge
WWF: WrestleMania
Maximum NBA Hangtime


No idea.
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky

"I don't give a Fvck"
- Honey Badger

"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi

" The Honey Badger wants some bananas"
- Woody

"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes

I am with us.

User avatar
nostalgiaqc
MAACA Barbarian
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am
Location: rawdon

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:39 pm

Mrhide wrote:moi j'ai le board de UMK3 ... mais il roule NBA jam maximum hangtime pour l'instant ;)

et bruler les 25 roms que ca prends c'était pas un cadeau!@#!@# donc ca va prendre un ti boutte pour UMK3 ! mais tu peux checker pour ces boards la qui vont faire: ( oui, les roms sont hacker pour bypasser le security chip)

Mortal Kombat 3
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
NBA Hangtime
Rampage World Tour
NHL: 2-on-2 Open Ice Challenge
WWF: WrestleMania
Maximum NBA Hangtime

Donc ya 25 roms à changer environ pour un mk2 ou umk3 ?

User avatar
Dave W.
MAACA Mage
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 pm
Location: Montreal (Ile Perrot)

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby Dave W. » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:36 pm

UMK3 = Midway Wolf Unit board
MK2 = Midway T-Unit board

So no swapping roms between these boards.
A lot of the Wolf Unit boards mentioned by MrHide aren't necessarily cheaper than UMK3, so purchasing one of those and purchasing the entire rom set for MK3 would be pricey!! It is however an option.

User avatar
nostalgiaqc
MAACA Barbarian
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am
Location: rawdon

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:08 pm

Dave W. wrote:UMK3 = Midway Wolf Unit board
MK2 = Midway T-Unit board

So no swapping roms between these boards.
A lot of the Wolf Unit boards mentioned by MrHide aren't necessarily cheaper than UMK3, so purchasing one of those and purchasing the entire rom set for MK3 would be pricey!! It is however an option.


Thanks alot man , you input really helps my research.
Cheers!
Yan

User avatar
nostalgiaqc
MAACA Barbarian
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am
Location: rawdon

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts any T unit or wolf Boards as well

Postby nostalgiaqc » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:54 pm

Thx guys , I found a few things but still looking.

User avatar
Dave W.
MAACA Mage
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 pm
Location: Montreal (Ile Perrot)

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts any T unit or wolf Boards as well

Postby Dave W. » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 am

Joysticks now in stock if you decide to go this route:
https://paradisearcadeshop.com/eurostic ... 10059.html

User avatar
Mrhide
MAACA Dark Lord
Posts: 11146
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:59 pm
Location: Laval

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts any T unit or wolf Boards as well

Postby Mrhide » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:55 pm

LF: EGRET 2 or 3 + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!
Image

User avatar
nostalgiaqc
MAACA Barbarian
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am
Location: rawdon

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts any T unit or wolf Boards as well

Postby nostalgiaqc » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:17 pm

Thx guys !!!
Just got home from picking up my first Mk2 cab yeahhhh
Let the projects begin!

User avatar
Dave W.
MAACA Mage
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 pm
Location: Montreal (Ile Perrot)

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts any T unit or wolf Boards as well

Postby Dave W. » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:54 pm

nostalgiaqc wrote:Thx guys !!!
Just got home from picking up my first Mk2 cab yeahhhh
Let the projects begin!


Good job!
If you need any pics of a dedicated machine in order to put together the one you have, let me know

User avatar
nostalgiaqc
MAACA Barbarian
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am
Location: rawdon

Re: Mk2 or Umk3 board or parts any T unit or wolf Boards as well

Postby nostalgiaqc » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:27 am

Dave W. wrote:
nostalgiaqc wrote:Thx guys !!!
Just got home from picking up my first Mk2 cab yeahhhh
Let the projects begin!


Good job!
If you need any pics of a dedicated machine in order to put together the one you have, let me know


That would in fact be use full,
You must be a Mk2 fan then?
Does this mean tou would probably participate in a tournement ?



Return to “Arcade Parts WANTED / Pièces machines Arcades recherchées”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests