The NOT MINE ads!

Anything that is not Arcade related
User avatar
OTTOgd
MAACA Grand Wizard
Posts: 6323
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: Brampton, Jewel of the Golden Horseshoe

The Professional - $500 *Not Mine in Ottawa*

Postby OTTOgd » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:47 am

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z428862333

Date Listed 05-Nov-12
$500.00
Navan, ON K4B 1J1, Canada

Pinball Machine, needs some TLC , some spare parts.
Attachments
$(KGrHqZHJEcFBfBDHOLZBQmJIjdVlQ~~48_20.JPG
$(KGrHqV,!nsFBZBUNPmTBQmJIZr!TQ~~48_20.JPG

User avatar
Azatotht
Admins
Posts: 8818
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:32 pm
Location: Anjou (Montreal)
Contact:

The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Azatotht » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:38 am

The old not mines thread died because of the new classifieds permissions.

Please now post all not mines here, in this single thread.

Rule is easy, if you dont own the game/parts/whatever you're posting, then it belongs here.

Thanks.

User avatar
necro_nemesis
MAACA Immortal
Posts: 8545
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:32 pm
Location: Within mechanism_8 or simply Newmarket

Surf Champ $100 obo NOT MINE

Postby necro_nemesis » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

User avatar
jojob
MAACA Priest
Posts: 1373
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:33 am
Location: longueuil

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby jojob » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:42 pm

dungeons and dragons de bally
f-14 tomcat de williams


machine.slave

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby machine.slave » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:07 pm

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z430247294

Doesn't want 1000 phone calls..... I'm sure the emails are just pouring in. ;)

User avatar
Kingston Pete
MAACA Mage
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Kingston Pete » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:34 am

I came across a WMS Phoenix 1978 project yesterday. It's a bit of a barn find in the Kingston area. Backglass and playfield are in decent condition. Fade on cab. Lights up but doesn't boot. Seller is asking $350; I'm not sure what his bottom price is.

PM me if you want more details.


ken_cinder
MAACA Barbarian
Posts: 733
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Barrie

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby ken_cinder » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Kingston Pete wrote:I came across a WMS Phoenix 1978 project yesterday. It's a bit of a barn find in the Kingston area. Backglass and playfield are in decent condition. Fade on cab. Lights up but doesn't boot. Seller is asking $350; I'm not sure what his bottom price is.

PM me if you want more details.


I have plenty of parts, especially thanks to Ian, if anyone grabs this and needs some.

I still don't have mine up and running mind you, I sent my boards off to a guy out west over a YEAR ago and still have not gotten them back. I'm hopeful I will however, he sent me some NVRAM adapters for my other games, I think he's just super busy.

Not a $350 game in non working condition though...

User avatar
Dany64
MAACA Collaborator
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:18 pm
Location: Montréal

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Dany64 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Pour les intéressés d'une Tales from the Crypt...

http://qc.kijiji.ca/c-acheter-et-vendre ... Z433689045

User avatar
Menace
MAACA Death Knight
Posts: 2838
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:37 pm
Location: Aurora (I am the REAL J. Santiago)

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Menace » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:35 pm

The $3100 STTNG on Kijiji today didn't last long. And the seller mentioned a certain someone tried to scoop the game by offering more $$ after committing to selling to someone else.

Tisk tisk...

D

User avatar
Azatotht
Admins
Posts: 8818
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:32 pm
Location: Anjou (Montreal)
Contact:

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Azatotht » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Menace wrote:The $3100 STTNG on Kijiji today didn't last long. And the seller mentioned a certain someone tried to scoop the game by offering more $$ after committing to selling to someone else.

Tisk tisk...

D


Someone offered more than $3100 ?

I assume these people drive prices down when they go to pick them up...
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

User avatar
Menace
MAACA Death Knight
Posts: 2838
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:37 pm
Location: Aurora (I am the REAL J. Santiago)

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Menace » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Azatotht wrote:Someone offered more than $3100 ?

I assume these people drive prices down when they go to pick them up...


My mistake, offered to send $$ sight unseen even though the seller committed to someone else. As for driving the price down on arrival, I wouldn't put it past them in the slightest as that would go hand in hand with the douchebaggery move on trying to snake the deal in the first place.

D

User avatar
G-Man
MAACA Goliath
Posts: 2419
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:17 pm
Location: Brampton

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby G-Man » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Menace wrote:As for driving the price down on arrival, I wouldn't put it past them in the slightest as that would go hand in hand with the douchebaggery move on trying to snake the deal in the first place.


Yeah, I'm still undecided on whether the "offering more than asking price" thing is douchebaggery or not. People do offer above asking price on a house, so it's not the $$, it must be the timing of the thing. But if someone offers more money even after the sale, and says "call the other guy back and give him a chance to match my offer", then wouldn't that be acceptable ? And unless you tell the vendor NOT to tell the first guy, then you have no idea whether he will or not.

Then there's also the fact that 25% of "done" deals actually never come to fruition. The guy offering more money might be turned down by the vendor in favour of a buyer who never even shows up.

And then, perhaps the most random factor in all of this, what are the intentions/ethics of the guy with whom the vendor has the original sale ? For example, a guy jumps on a $2000 WW with intentions to flip it next week for $3000. Meanwhile, a guy who has been looking for one for his basement for a long time is willing to offer $2500 for it, even after the deal is supposedly "done." In this case, I'd say the pin-flipper is the bigger douchebag.

I'll have to think about it some more. :ugeek:

User avatar
Menace
MAACA Death Knight
Posts: 2838
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:37 pm
Location: Aurora (I am the REAL J. Santiago)

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Menace » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Glenn you make valid points, and you are correct it is never black and white unfortunately. I guess the difference here is I know the person who has "purchased" the STTNG pretty well, and this is not a case where the game will be "flipped" or the buyer not showing up after agreeing to purchase.

D

karmatose
MAACA Collaborator
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby karmatose » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:46 pm

I'm betting it was some guy named "Kevin" :geek:
It's insane to me that owning a racecar is cheaper than pinball is now. You're all crazy.

User avatar
OTTOgd
MAACA Grand Wizard
Posts: 6323
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: Brampton, Jewel of the Golden Horseshoe

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby OTTOgd » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:27 pm

karmatose wrote:I'm betting it was some guy named "Kevin" :geek:

Not this 'Kevin'.

websherpa

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby websherpa » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Because I have limited means, I sometimes go in to Kijiji ads lower than asking price (but reasonable) and say something polite like

"I know this is lower than what you were asking, or anticipating, but it is what I can afford to pay for it (sight unseen, or detailing other conditions). You are likely to get better offers, but if you don't and want to sell (quickly, no strings attached or whatever the conditions might be), please give me a call."

I've successfully bought a few pins and slots with this kind of honest approach. Many sellers decide in the end they just don't like the whole "bargaining" aspect of Kijiji and would rather take a reasonable, "sight unseen" firm offer and quick pick up, than gamble on tire-kickers or "scoopers."

That being said, I've also had some people reneg on agreed deals before pick-up. I get disappointed, possibly miffed at the selfish "higher offerers" - but not angry with the seller. It's their property and the deal is not done until money or property exchange hands. I'd be less than enthused if the seller knew I was in the car on the way to pick-up when this occurs.

I could care less if someone flips UNLESS they're trying to flip one to me and I find out about it.

P.S. Does this discussion in a For Sale thread constitute potential "bullshit" :lol:

User avatar
Ancient Games
MAACA Collaborator
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:16 pm
Location: Lindsay, ON

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Ancient Games » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:21 pm

All I have to say is I respect a seller who asks a reasonable price for a machine and sticks with it. Even after someone else repeatedly trys to offer more AND get there before the other person. Very respectable on the sellers part. IF you don't happen to be first in line then the seller needs to be smart enough and honest enough to tell everyone that there are others ahead who would like to have a look and IF it doesn't sell they will be informed. Simple. I can see you loosing your spot if you offer less than asking right from the get go when there are alot of other inquires. But if you agree to what they want then you should be confident you won't be bumped.

I've bought 3 machines total from Kijiji over 6-7years from non collectors. EACH seller had the same experience but stuck with the order. I don't have the interenet with me everywhere I go or an ap to tell me when pins come up. If I see a decent ad I respond. Be it 1hour or 10hours later. So I guess I was fortunate those times. Never would I ever offer more or try to push someone out who has arranged a deal or viewing with someone else. I would ask to be informed if it doesnt' sell. As a player/collector I think its wrong. But as a flipper or business I can see it happening. Which is why I doubt that anyone who offers more is doing it because they desire it for their collection. They want to make money.

I'm glad there are still respectable and honest sellers like this around.

User avatar
Hammerhead
MAACA Barbarian
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:08 pm
Location: Melbourne, ON

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Hammerhead » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:43 am

I am François du Grimm, and I will get medieval on your derriere!

User avatar
Atomicboy
MAACA Goliath
Posts: 2417
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: London, ON

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Atomicboy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:16 pm

ken_cinder wrote:
Kingston Pete wrote:I came across a WMS Phoenix 1978 project yesterday. It's a bit of a barn find in the Kingston area. Backglass and playfield are in decent condition. Fade on cab. Lights up but doesn't boot. Seller is asking $350; I'm not sure what his bottom price is.

PM me if you want more details.


I have plenty of parts, especially thanks to Ian, if anyone grabs this and needs some.

I still don't have mine up and running mind you, I sent my boards off to a guy out west over a YEAR ago and still have not gotten them back. I'm hopeful I will however, he sent me some NVRAM adapters for my other games, I think he's just super busy.

Not a $350 game in non working condition though...


$100 for a working Phoenix is too much. PF makes for good wall art.
WTB: nadda

User avatar
cooke
MAACA Death Knight
Posts: 3541
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:12 am
Location: London, Ontario

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby cooke » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Atomicboy wrote:
ken_cinder wrote:
Kingston Pete wrote:I came across a WMS Phoenix 1978 project yesterday. It's a bit of a barn find in the Kingston area. Backglass and playfield are in decent condition. Fade on cab. Lights up but doesn't boot. Seller is asking $350; I'm not sure what his bottom price is.

PM me if you want more details.


I have plenty of parts, especially thanks to Ian, if anyone grabs this and needs some.

I still don't have mine up and running mind you, I sent my boards off to a guy out west over a YEAR ago and still have not gotten them back. I'm hopeful I will however, he sent me some NVRAM adapters for my other games, I think he's just super busy.

Not a $350 game in non working condition though...


$100 for a working Phoenix is too much. PF makes for good wall art.


Oh, puh-leease. You own a Pinbot. Your opinion on what constitutes a good vs. bad game is forever tainted and suspect.

User avatar
Pinball Junkie
MAACA Mage
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:20 am
Location: Kanata, Ottawa.

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Pinball Junkie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:18 pm

Collection: SM(Stn),T2,HS2,CFTBL,GZ,WW,EB,EBD x 2,MM
For Sale EBD

User avatar
Azatotht
Admins
Posts: 8818
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:32 pm
Location: Anjou (Montreal)
Contact:

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Azatotht » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:02 am

I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

User avatar
Azatotht
Admins
Posts: 8818
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:32 pm
Location: Anjou (Montreal)
Contact:

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Azatotht » Sun May 19, 2013 10:37 am

I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

User avatar
Dany64
MAACA Collaborator
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:18 pm
Location: Montréal

Re: The NOT MINE ads!

Postby Dany64 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:28 am




Return to “Miscellaneous Buy and Sell / Items Variés Achat et recherche”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest