Storage tote bins that fit under pinball games?

Anything that is not Arcade related
semicolin
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 226 times

Storage tote bins that fit under pinball games?

Post by semicolin »

Can anyone recommend good storage totes that actually fit under games and aren't so wide that they can't be pulled out from between standard legs?

Home Depot has awesome 170L black Husky totes with wheels at the back that would be great if they weren't an inch too wide.

I'm looking for the largest storage bin possible to fit in the space underneath a standard pinball and still be able to be pulled out from the front. Ideally, without breaking the bank.

The biggest I've found that should work are these 102L bins from Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/hdx-10 ... 1000706729

But even with those, there's a lot of wasted space. They're not very tall and not very deep.

The ideal box would be something 18"W x 18"T x 48"D, and that just doesn't seem to be a standard dimension that I can find of anything but cardboard boxes... and I'm not putting cardboard boxes beneath my games.

What do you use?

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 222 times

Re: Storage tote bins that fit under pinball games?

Post by mrmikeman »

semicolin wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:25 am Can anyone recommend good storage totes that actually fit under games and aren't so wide that they can't be pulled out from between standard legs?

Home Depot has awesome 170L black Husky totes with wheels at the back that would be great if they weren't an inch too wide.

I'm looking for the largest storage bin possible to fit in the space underneath a standard pinball and still be able to be pulled out from the front. Ideally, without breaking the bank.

The biggest I've found that should work are these 102L bins from Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/hdx-10 ... 1000706729

But even with those, there's a lot of wasted space. They're not very tall and not very deep.

The ideal box would be something 18"W x 18"T x 48"D, and that just doesn't seem to be a standard dimension that I can find of anything but cardboard boxes... and I'm not putting cardboard boxes beneath my games.

What do you use?
You're supposed to put subwoofers underneath your games, not use the space for storage!!! ;)
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
MultiMorphic P3 with all 7 current modules + all mini-games currently available
Star Wars Prem
Star Trek the Next Generation
Lady Luck (Recel) (in winter storage)
Gtb Pro Football (in winter storage)

Incoming: Looney Tunes, Princess Bride (P3 module)

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC *SOLD PP

MISC:
Aristocrat Shuffle Alley (in winter storage)
Custom built mini Virtual Pinball

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE - $500 (in winter storage)
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke. *FOR SALE - $1400

Gone but not forgotten
So many... CCrLE, WOZ ECLE, Stern POTC, Star Trek Pro, MMrRE, Stranger Things LE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

GILV
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by GILV »

Like Sparky said..... I built 2 a few years ago but I used playfield glasses as shelves and they were very usefull for storing pinball parts. with the glass, the parts were easy to find as well, I should've kept them. :FP:

tombiosis
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by tombiosis »

Pins: 8BDlx, Rush Pro, The Walking Dead Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Deadpool Pro, Tommy.
Gone but not forgotten: 6M$M, Fish Tales, Sorcerer, WPT, Elvis, Centaur II, Sure Shot, Firepower, Big Buck Hunter Pro, JP pro, EBD1984.

WTB: Fathom, TSPP, BSD, GOT.

Quit talking and start chalking!

semicolin
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by semicolin »

Sorta! But at 24" wide, it just won't fit. Mastercraft has another one that will, https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... p.html#srp and it's on sale this week. It's slightly smaller in capacity than the HDX box, but the form factor seems better.

semicolin
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by semicolin »

Alright, just ordered half a dozen of these: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... p.html#srp

I was going to put one of the Husky giant rollers under the widebody, but I realized that if I ever sell the game and put a standard sized one in place, dealing with storage will be a hassle.

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

Too late now, but have you researched patio chests? That thing would have fitted if you remove the lid https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/kete ... 0298p.html
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cap »

The dimensions on the canadiantire.ca site are all messed up. The product I linked to has the same width inside and outside. Paper thin walls of neutronium for you. Yeah, I forgot it has to come out the front even if it fits from the side.
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cap »

Sparky wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:32 am Hmm... I wonder if there is a market for customized storage bins... LOL... hmm....
Better innovation than the pinpod... the pinbox coming your way soon. :D

tom_454
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by tom_454 »

I use these. They work great under pins. I think I got them at Home Depot but they are available at some of the Home hardware stores like the one in Kanata.
Attachments
7AA98DEF-1419-4ECA-BBE2-6568BEFA82ED.jpeg
A711E149-712D-46E9-AC1B-24F23EAD6741.jpeg
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

semicolin
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by semicolin »

Yes- those are the same dimensions as the HDX bins. Thanks!

monkeybug
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by monkeybug »

I made some custom wooden bins on castors to maximize space. Be aware though that not all games have the same height clearance so its not a one size fits all approach. Plastic bins are much easier.

shinynick
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by shinynick »

You can just use two medium sized bins one in front of the other. much easier to deal with than a 48" long bin!

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by World_of_Warships »

Circling back to @mrmikeman, what he said! :-)