Pinball Repair Needed

Job offerings and job requests from members... always helpful!
Timinator
MAACA Collaborator

Pinball Repair Needed

Postby Timinator » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:52 am

Hi all, looking for someone to repair my DE Star Wars. Boards have been rebuilt, playfield cleaned, leds installed, new rubbers, so it looks pretty, but none of the outholes are working, ball launch does not work, bottom half of backbox gi does not light either, and nasty static coming through speakers. I'm in Pembroke, ON, so if someone is coming through to repair at my home that would be ideal, otherwise I can pack it up and transport it nearby (Ottawa area). My knowledge is limited so it's beyond me at the moment. I also have a Spider-man that has a dead drop target bank that I would like someone to look at. PM me if you can help out! Cheers!
Haves: Centipede Cocktail Table, SFII, Star Wars Racer, Shinobi, Amazing Spider-man (pin), Black Knight, DE Star Wars, Operation Wolf, 60 in 1 Cocktail
Gone, but not forgotten: Pharaoh, Wild Fyre, Dracula, Chicago Coin's Homerun, Midway's One Million BC, Golden Axe, Sinbad

level42
MAACA Barbarian

Re: Pinball Repair Needed

Postby level42 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Timinator wrote:Hi all, looking for someone to repair my DE Star Wars. Boards have been rebuilt, playfield cleaned, leds installed, new rubbers, so it looks pretty, but none of the outholes are working, ball launch does not work, bottom half of backbox gi does not light either, and nasty static coming through speakers. I'm in Pembroke, ON, so if someone is coming through to repair at my home that would be ideal, otherwise I can pack it up and transport it nearby (Ottawa area). My knowledge is limited so it's beyond me at the moment. I also have a Spider-man that has a dead drop target bank that I would like someone to look at. PM me if you can help out! Cheers!

I know Data East machines are prone to "Speaker Hum" I wonder if this is the same thing your experiencing?

However, if you decide its not worth fixing, let me know :lol: maybe we can work out a deal :)
My Pins:
- 1993 Williams: White Water
My Pin History:
- 1977 Bally: Evel Knievel
- 1992 Data East: Lethal Weapon 3
- 1995 Williams: Dirty Harry
- 1988 Data East: Secret Service
Wanted:
- 1995 Bally: Attack from Mars
- 1992 Data East: Star Wars
- 1999 Bally: Revenge From Mars
- 2008 Stern: Indiana Jones
- 1993 Bally: Twilight Zone
- 1995 Bally: Theatre of Magic
- 1992 Bally: The Addams Family
Links:
- http://www.pinballowners.com/level42

Timinator
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Timinator » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:31 pm

Thanks, but its a keeper, just needs some TLC that I don't know how to do :)
Haves: Centipede Cocktail Table, SFII, Star Wars Racer, Shinobi, Amazing Spider-man (pin), Black Knight, DE Star Wars, Operation Wolf, 60 in 1 Cocktail
Gone, but not forgotten: Pharaoh, Wild Fyre, Dracula, Chicago Coin's Homerun, Midway's One Million BC, Golden Axe, Sinbad

pharoah007
MAACA Death Knight

Postby pharoah007 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Timinator wrote:Thanks, but its a keeper, just needs some TLC that I don't know how to do :)

I am up there sometimes, however.....

sounds like real simple/common problems.

you should buy TOP 3,4 and 7. this will teach you how to fix all these problems. You have to learn some time.
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky

"I don't give a Fvck"
- Honey Badger

"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi

" The Honey Badger wants some bananas"
- Woody

"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes

I am with us.

AMX
MAACA Death Knight

Postby AMX » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:59 pm

GI backbox lamps: Check for a burned connector for the , big problem on these DE games...
For the static, isolate the sound board like discused in a previous thread.. (will try to find it)

edit: Here is the link... http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7900&hilit=data+east+sound
Pinball
Pinball Owners.com/amx1
Jukebox
Seeburg DS, Seeburg AY, Seeburg 222, RockOla 418
Video
Star Wars + ESB, 1942, 1943, Striker 1945, Arkanoid, Arkanoid Revenge Of Doh, Spy Hunter, Aero Fighters
Arcade
Chicago Coin TV Baseball, Midway Haunted House, Chicago Coin Varsity, United Line Up, United Sure Fire, Bally ABC Tournament

FS: GOTTLIEB STRIKES N' SPARES
FS: DATA EAST STAR TREK

Timinator
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Timinator » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:30 am

Thanks AMX, I'll be troubleshooting the lights tonight. Right now the other issues (solenoids) have been isolated as all on the yellow/violet daisy chain are not getting voltage, and been traced back to the PPB not having any power on the J7 for that wire connection. All fuses are getting power and aren't blowing, so looks like the PPB at the moment. Probably same deal for the backbox GI lights, or the connector like you said. I have voltage on all bulbs, including the ones that aren't working, continuity maybe?

Return to “Employment / Emplois”