problems solved

Job offerings and job requests from members... always helpful!
Yodie

problems solved

Postby Yodie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:30 am

all done :)
Last edited by Yodie on Mon May 14, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky

Re: Wanted pinball repair pro early SS

Postby Sparky » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:10 am

Yodie wrote:hey guys, wife said fix them and stop dickin with em. :@
so this is what i got, two machines ones so close but the other i got no idea.

1. 1979 stern dracula mpu 100 , everything's working fine but I'm having problems with my left flippers. (bottom and top) bottom one will fire but when you hold the button in to hold the flipper up it blows the underplay flipper fuse. and the upper flipper does not get any movement at all from the flipper button..

2. 1980 Gottlieb Panthera .
I'm having this weird problem that the game loads and works all the way up to the start a new game. after attract mode and you press start, when its suppose to reset all the drop targets, two of my drop target banks are being continuously reset. and one of them isn't resetting at all.

here is the only internet material i can find on this subject, problem is almost identical http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthr ... 186&page=2

it wasn't doing this last week everything worked perfect but when i changed the orange 6800 capacitor 25v with a new one, the new one blew up and burned a few fuses. replaced capacitor with 10000 25v and this is the new surprise. And no sound seems to be working panthera.

Location highway 7/martin grove rd.
let me know if you would be interested in working on these two.

Easy for the Dracula. Your End of Stroke switch is either bad or not adjusted. That's the switch that gets tripped by the flipper linkage under the playfield. On classic Sterns, when you have 2 flippers on one side, the bottom flipper assembly has a double EOS switch. First section cuts the high power circuit on your flipper and then only your low power circuit (to simply maintain the flipper up) is activated. This prevents a coil from frying. what I suspect is that your low-power is possibly shorted with the high power, or your EOS switch is bad. Second section on the switch activates the power to the top flipper. If the switch contacts don't touch or are dirty, no power goes to the top flipper.

Yodie

Postby Yodie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:33 pm

well i rebuilt the eos switch and before that the flipper didn't work at all, if i moved the flipper with my hand into the up position it would machine gun fire while the button was held. now holding the button in just fry my fuses..

i dunno. that's my point, easy money for a pro.

OTTOgd
MAACA Grand Wizard

Postby OTTOgd » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Yodie wrote:... if i moved the flipper with my hand into the up position it would machine gun fire while the button was held. now holding the button in just fry my fuses..

Sound like you need a new coil.

Yodie

Re: problems solved

Postby Yodie » Mon May 14, 2012 3:01 pm

had cold solder and a bad coil for dracula followed by lose screws on the eos. = fixed.

panthera was just lose wires in the connections that had to be reseated, followed by changing the orange capacitor again = fixed.

thx guys.

Gis
MAACA Warrior

Postby Gis » Mon May 14, 2012 10:40 pm

Good thing Sparky quoted, Atleast now I can know what happened in this thread...

I don't know why you renamed the title and removed your post, if someone looks up about the same problem with the search feature they can't see the solutions that has been brought up, or if someone wants to discuss about that particular problem they can't either without making a new thread. :clap

Yodie

Postby Yodie » Thu May 24, 2012 9:07 am

Sorry it was a very basic problem i over looked. Nothing special

OTTOgd
MAACA Grand Wizard

Postby OTTOgd » Thu May 24, 2012 9:24 am

Yodie wrote:Sorry it was a very basic problem i over looked. Nothing special

Hey! Don't delete your original post/questions!

These threads can be very helpful to someone looking for solutions instead of asking the same questions on the forum again.

Your questions and answers are important to the hobby. That's what these forums are all about.

*edit: Sorry, I just noticed that Gis mentioned this already.

cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cdnpinballer » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:17 pm

OTTOgd wrote:
Yodie wrote:Sorry it was a very basic problem i over looked. Nothing special

Hey! Don't delete your original post/questions!

These threads can be very helpful to someone looking for solutions instead of asking the same questions on the forum again.

Your questions and answers are important to the hobby. That's what these forums are all about.

*edit: Sorry, I just noticed that Gis mentioned this already.

So why delete your prices on FS threads?

Return to “Employment / Emplois”