Prices of pins

Let us know what we can do to improve the forum.
MJ
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Prices of pins

Post by MJ »

I just sold a bunch for that reason. It just did not make sence to have a whole bunch of money tied down in the basement. Paying down the morgage made more sense at this point. I beleive there will be a breaking point when these big toys will drop in value.

I want to stick to 5, still need some sort of a hobby and ready to accept a loss some where down the road., like a boat, snow mobile.... however, if I was a new comer to this, no way would I splurge that kind of $ to get in.
Collection: SM, BDK, ST Enterprise and Houdini
And Aliens Le.
Left the nest: LOTR Le, Jackbot, Hobbit Le, TZ, NF, Wizzard of Oz, TSPP, TAF and JD.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

MJ wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:16 pm Looks like there is a new crowd out there. Guys that have loads of money. They could care less about the price. They want it, they will out bide anyone to get it, 10k, 14k, 16k no problem, still peanuts.

One guy in QC paid 12k for a TSPP. Money was secondary. He just wanted the title for his kids.
Decadent pin-games flourish amongst the aristocracy, 240 years ago, and today too ;)
classic consciousness french revolution.jpg
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

semicolin wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:17 pm Maybe I should just sell everything in the basement and pay off the mortgage?
Nah, just move out to New Brunswick like I did. Your mortgage will be paid off, and you get to keep everything!

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

Interesting and relevant again.
Great points and it is the same.