Could someone post when the PA Appliance dolly goes on sale

Let us know what we can do to improve the forum.
SquidVicious
MAACA Motormouth

Could someone post when the PA Appliance dolly goes on sale

Postby SquidVicious » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:44 am

I noticed that the Princess Auto Appliance dolly went on sale in early Feb so I'm assuming it will happen again. I don't check their site regularly so I was hoping someone that does could post when it comes back on sale.

Reg price is 119 Sale price in feb was 69.99

Thanks

Squid
SM LOTR TZ CV WoZ

websherpa

Re: Could someone post when the PA Appliance dolly goes on sale

Postby websherpa » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:05 pm

One thing I would suggest is making sure this dolly has a bent handle pull lever to tighten the strap, as opposed to a ratchet (like on Canadian Tire models). I believe the one at Princess Auto does (according to its picture): http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product ... -Hand-Cart

My Canadian Tire appliance dolly is still going strong, but I sense that the ratchet will wear out soon enough, whereas the type that uses the bent lever would last forever.

Ricker
MAACA Half-ling

Postby Ricker » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:04 pm

The Canadian Tire one goes on sale about 2-3x per year and costs around $70-80 when on sale. Has saved my back many times with the extra stair wheels!
Pins - http://www.pinballowners.com/ricker

WTB: Fathom, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe, Mata Hari, Silverball Mania, Mystic, Count Down, TX-Sector, Jacks Open, Roller Disco, Seawitch, Cheetah, Star Gazer, Pharaoh, Solar Fire, Jungle Lord, Grand Lizard, Firepower II, Scorpion, Star Light, Star Trek TNG, Phantom Of The Opera, Nautilus (Playmatic), Dialed In.

SquidVicious
MAACA Motormouth

Postby SquidVicious » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Ricker wrote:The Canadian Tire one goes on sale about 2-3x per year and costs around $70-80 when on sale. Has saved my back many times with the extra stair wheels!

I don't see the CT listed online anymore ... is it still available ??
SM LOTR TZ CV WoZ

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko

Postby WARLOCK » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:17 pm

The bent lever model rules! Just do it regardless of the price. It always saves me. Appliance dolly is awesome. Highly recommended.
That is all.

Splitskull
Admins

Postby Splitskull » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:30 pm

i never figured out how that bent lever actually works lol

aerostarz
MAACA Millennial

Postby aerostarz » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:33 pm

I,m looking for one with the small inflatable tires. Can't find it anywhere. I think mrsvix has one but I have not asked him yet to confirm.

If I could get one, I would then cut that shitty rubber belt thing off that back. It only chews up the edge of my finished stairs. :FP:
Pins: Popeye, Judge Dredd, DM, STTNG, TZ, WOZ, SWE1, RFM
Vids:Asteroids & Deluxe, Atari Star Wars, Battle Zone, Neo Geo 4, Centipede, Wreck it Ralph, SF 2,Space Duel x 2,Major Havoc,World Class Bowling Deluxe, Radikal Biker, Rampage, Viewlix, Sega Super GT

websherpa

Postby websherpa » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:44 pm

aerostarz wrote:I,m looking for one with the small inflatable tires. Can't find it anywhere. I think mrsvix has one but I have not asked him yet to confirm.

If I could get one, I would then cut that shitty rubber belt thing off that back. It only chews up the edge of my finished stairs. :FP:

I bought industrial strength replacement belts when my first crappy chinese ones dried and cracked up, and used Teflon grease on the internals and it works much better. IF the belt doesn't turn properly, it WILL leave nice rubber skid marks on people's stairs. (I've had a complaint.) :roll:

websherpa

Postby websherpa » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Splitskull wrote:i never figured out how that bent lever actually works lol

You cinch the main belt and its hasp tight around the load, then you use the crank to tighten the last bit and it locks in with the belt tension.

It is possible to tighten "too much" with either system, if you're not careful, and the ratchet system is more finely adjusted. But with the ratchet, when un doing the load you also have to increase tension with one hand, and release both ratchet brakes with the other, it's a bit of an awkward system.

And I tend to put it away by ratcheting it all the way back in, so I am sure I am bringing about the ratchet's early demise by over-use.

Usually when you rent one of these from U-Haul, you get the one with the S shaped bent lever - so I assumed that they are better built.
Last edited by websherpa on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Atomicboy
MAACA Motormouth

Postby Atomicboy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:29 am

I have the PA model, works great, other than allowing too much wiggle room for my previous TAF to get released down my stairs like a locomotive and smashing to shit at the bottom, almost killing the guy helping me...

Since then, I have started strapping the bottom of the cart, across the neck of the cab. I've thought of welding on an extension to the bottom plate as well, but it doesn't move at all now with the extra strap.

I STRONGLY suggest another strap is used. I must have moved 60-70 of these things without issue, but the guy buying lifted the rear over the top nose of the stair too much (my error, as I just said lift up, when I should have clarified just enough to clear the nose) and lifted it high enough to allow enough movement with the single strap for the bottom of the machine to clear the bottom plate.

NOT a happy day that was... Yes it's repaired, and he still bought it after, and the least amount of damage and no injury that could possibly be dreamed given the situation. Literally a miracle.

Don't let this be a possibly for you, strap the bottom.
WTB: nadda

ken_cinder
MAACA Half-ling

Postby ken_cinder » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:20 pm

I wonder how one of these would do? http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product ... -Hand-Cart

I have a dolly/hand truck I picked up at TSC that has a set of smaller wheels at the top end, and the handle is reversible. Pins fit perfect between the bottom plate and the handle when it's reversed, so it's just a matter of me holding it at the bottom and my wife guiding it down the stairs.

SquidVicious
MAACA Motormouth

Postby SquidVicious » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:07 pm

ken_cinder wrote:I wonder how one of these would do? http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product ... -Hand-Cart

I have a dolly/hand truck I picked up at TSC that has a set of smaller wheels at the top end, and the handle is reversible. Pins fit perfect between the bottom plate and the handle when it's reversed, so it's just a matter of me holding it at the bottom and my wife guiding it down the stairs.

Interesting .. I'd really like to know how that works .. don't feel like taking a random shot at it but it does look interesting.
SM LOTR TZ CV WoZ

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Postby OTTOgd » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:44 am

Similar, except for the fancy, bi-direction wheels:

Return to “Comments and suggestions”