Point proven once again on the Classifieds...

Let us know what we can do to improve the forum.
Sparky
MAACA OG

Point proven once again on the Classifieds...

Postby Sparky » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:41 am

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25224

I should have listened to myself years ago and just either lock the classifieds or just delete the whole damn section altogether. LOL This is why very few people post a game up for sale here anymore, boys.

You shit on a seller when the price is too high, and you do the same when it is too low.

Funny how no one complains of the system on FB where group admins have first dibs on all posted ads and cherrypick, but here, with open ads and no restrictions, the shit flies.

Just my 0.02$.

I will go back to work and fix machines now. No longer my call to make. I could be a dick and just do it, but I rather respect the consensus. I used to delete off-hand comments but I rather not run a digital daycare.

Carry on, and keep price-policing ... uh... policing yourselves. LOL
Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

fast_in_muskoka
MAACA Silent Type

Re: Point proven once again on the Classifieds...

Postby fast_in_muskoka » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:01 pm

damned if ya do, damned if ya don't . . .

Sparky wrote:https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25224

I should have listened to myself years ago and just either lock the classifieds or just delete the whole damn section altogether. LOL This is why very few people post a game up for sale here anymore, boys.

You shit on a seller when the price is too high, and you do the same when it is too low.

Funny how no one complains of the system on FB where group admins have first dibs on all posted ads and cherrypick, but here, with open ads and no restrictions, the shit flies.

Just my 0.02$.

I will go back to work and fix machines now. No longer my call to make. I could be a dick and just do it, but I rather respect the consensus. I used to delete off-hand comments but I rather not run a digital daycare.

djodars
MAACA Silent Type

Postby djodars » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Sparky wrote:https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25224

Just my 0.02$.

I'm REALLY new to this hobby (discovered pinball literally 2 weeks ago) but just by reading different forums, it is already very clear to me that many people are using this niche market to scam others through kijiji/craigslist etc.

I think that due to the value of these machines, it's "warranted" to be wary of sketchy postings wherever they may be.

However, I agree that my original comment (and other comments in the linked thread) might not be the best approach/reaction in the event that it's a real posting. We're all human beings, we make errors, hopefully learn from these errors and ultimately grow through them in order to become a better person.

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Postby Mrhide » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:30 pm

djodars wrote:I'm REALLY new to this hobby (discovered pinball literally 2 weeks ago) but just by reading different forums, it is already very clear to me that many people are using this niche market to scam others through kijiji/craigslist etc.

I think that due to the value of these machines, it's "warranted" to be wary of sketchy postings wherever they may be.

However, I agree that my original comment (and other comments in the linked thread) might not be the best approach/reaction in the event that it's a real posting. We're all human beings, we make errors, hopefully learn from these errors and ultimately grow through them in order to become a better person.

:FP:

you haven't read enough. Continue reading and stop posting.
LF: EGRET 2 *FOUND!* + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:50 pm

Mrhide wrote:
djodars wrote:I'm REALLY new to this hobby (discovered pinball literally 2 weeks ago) but just by reading different forums, it is already very clear to me that many people are using this niche market to scam others through kijiji/craigslist etc.

:FP:

you haven't read enough. Continue reading and stop posting.

Don't listen to Hide. Lol. Keep reading AND posting.

He gets cranky as often as I retire. Lol

foonleclown
MAACA Millennial

Postby foonleclown » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:56 pm

:lol:
Metallica LE + AC/DC LUCI +TWD LE + Mame (Francis)

Hippochrome
MAACA Motormouth

Postby Hippochrome » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:06 pm

Hahaha! MAACA still cracks me up. I try so hard to stay away, but you jokers and these funny situations always pull me back in. Bravo Mr. Hide and Sparky! Got me laughing out loud tonight :D

pharoah007
MAACA Wacko

Postby pharoah007 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:22 pm

"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky
"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi
"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes
"Friendship is not about what you NEED from the other person."
- Me
I am with us.

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:58 pm

pharoah007 wrote:"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky

Do you find pleasure out of acting as such?

pharoah007
MAACA Wacko

Postby pharoah007 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:05 pm

Sparky wrote:
pharoah007 wrote:"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky

Do you find pleasure out of acting as such?

Not sure what you mean, honestly.

My intent was/is to point out that you have already had this dilemma in the past and came to a decision.

For the record I agree 100% with your decision, thus why I quote you in my signature.
-Sparky
"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi
"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes
"Friendship is not about what you NEED from the other person."
- Me
I am with us.

Return to “Comments and suggestions”