Gottlieb sys 80B No Sound Problem (Genesis)

Have questions on how to fix your machine or what products to use? This is the place to ask for help.
Farm Boy
MAACA Buck

Re: Gottlieb sys 80B No Sound Problem (Genesis)

Post by Farm Boy »

I have already contacted mindstorm and he will have a look at it for me. He has a Gottlieb test station. His rates are very reasonable too. In fact I will send him my mpu, driver board and sound board and have it all checked over for any other problems. Such as sometimes the display goes out but comes back on after reboot and sometimes after reboot the credits max out at 20 when there where 2 or 3 credits on the game before. I am guessing some of this may be due to the game not having any of the reliability mods done and also connector problems.

No I dont have access to any other sys80B. It would make things much easier that's for shur.

Mike

Atomicboy
MAACA Motormouth

Post by Atomicboy »

I wasn't trying to turn you away from him, I was only mentioning the other guy if Mindstorm was too busy, as an alternative.

Post back when you get it working.
WTB: nadda

Farm Boy
MAACA Buck

Post by Farm Boy »

Oh I know. I didn't get that feeling at all. I was just letting you know what's going on.

I will post back once it get the boards back.

Mike

Tfc100
MAACA Newb

Post by Tfc100 »

Hi,

I read through your messages regarding the sound board issues with your system 80 Gottlieb. Did you ever get your Genesis game’s sound working again after sending the sound board in for repair?

I have a similar issue with a System 80 game and this would help direct me to some possible solutions.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by mrmikeman »

Tfc100 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:22 am
Hi,

I read through your messages regarding the sound board issues with your system 80 Gottlieb. Did you ever get your Genesis game’s sound working again after sending the sound board in for repair?

I have a similar issue with a System 80 game and this would help direct me to some possible solutions.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim
Dude.. Really??

This thread has been dead for 11 years. The original poster hasn’t been active here for almost a year.. Make your own thread and ask for help.

Provide us with info like what game, what’s the problem, has it always been broken, did you do any work on it, etc

In addition, Pinball Medics in Montreal does Gottlieb board repairs.
PINS:
Jurassic Park LE (#449) - Pinstadiums, Stern topper & amber shooter, mods: Lior Trex skin, signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, goat, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE (#612) - mods: Gouveia Witch 2.0, tornado, castle, crystal ball, lit emerald city, ramp sign, Munchkin huts, lit drop target, hot air balloon lighting, pinblades
Stern Star Trek Pro - Stern Enterprise, pinblades, laser cut Enterprise side armor
Star Wars Prem - Stern Topper, Shaker, HD Glass, Mods: Mirror Blades, Star Destroyer, Imperial Probe, X-Wing, speaker upgrade, SW Armor (Yoda)[/b]
Lord of the Rings - ColorDMD, Pinsound board, speakers, and headphone station, Shaker. Mods: Laser cut armor, LED backglass panel lighting
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board, speakers, and shaker, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD, pinduino lighting on ramps and borg ship
Lady Luck (Recel)

Pins on order:
Weird Al LE
Cactus Canyon

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC / XBOX 1X

MINI-VIDS(Replicade 1/6 scale):
Dragon's Lair, Asteroids, 1942, 1943, Q-Bert, Missile Command, Space Ace

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke

Gone but not forgotten
So many... MMrRE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

Return to “Pinball and Videogame Tech”