Williams Black Knight Dead Credit/Ball Display

Have questions on how to fix your machine or what products to use? This is the place to ask for help.
Timinator
MAACA Collaborator

Williams Black Knight Dead Credit/Ball Display

Postby Timinator » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:38 am

Hey everyone! I'm slowly fixing up some of the issues on my BK, just replaced the upper ball trough switches, and I have one problem that I'm unfamiliar to troubleshoot. The credit/ball display just randomly stopped working. It was fine until last night when I turned it on. I removed and put back on all of the connectors just in case something was loose, but nope. I also disconnected the other displays, I read that it worked for some machines, still nope. Everything looks good on the display itself, no broken solders. Boards are new, Rottendog and Kahout, display connector board on the door is original though. So, where do I go from here? Thanks!
Haves: Centipede Cocktail Table, SFII, Star Wars Racer, Shinobi, Amazing Spider-man (pin), Black Knight, DE Star Wars, Operation Wolf, 60 in 1 Cocktail
Wants: Spy Hunter
Gone, but not forgotten: Pharaoh, Wild Fyre, Dracula, Chicago Coin's Homerun, Midway's One Million BC, Golden Axe, Sinbad

Dave Astill
MAACA Mage

Re: Williams Black Knight Dead Credit/Ball Display

Postby Dave Astill » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:02 pm

most likely a new tube.
Providing hard to find pinball i.c.s. eprom service and more

cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cdnpinballer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Like Dave said probably the tube like on one of my pins.

If you decide to upgrade to LED and can part with one of your working originals please let me know, I am looking for an original 7 digit Williams display.

Timinator
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Timinator » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Thanks for the advice, so it looks like I'm on to sourcing a replacement display. Won't be looking at LED replacements though.
Haves: Centipede Cocktail Table, SFII, Star Wars Racer, Shinobi, Amazing Spider-man (pin), Black Knight, DE Star Wars, Operation Wolf, 60 in 1 Cocktail
Wants: Spy Hunter
Gone, but not forgotten: Pharaoh, Wild Fyre, Dracula, Chicago Coin's Homerun, Midway's One Million BC, Golden Axe, Sinbad

cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cdnpinballer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:09 pm

If I can find more than one I will let you know.

cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cdnpinballer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:27 pm

Hey Tim,
I checked eBay and there is a guy in the USA who is selling a display but has some burn on the right two digits. Might be ok for you and it's $35 + ship. Search '7 digit Williams display' on ebay.

Return to “Pinball and Videogame Tech”