Gottlieb Pink Panther - fuse constantly blows

Have questions on how to fix your machine or what products to use? This is the place to ask for help.
mbudman
MAACA Collaborator

Gottlieb Pink Panther - fuse constantly blows

Postby mbudman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:22 am

Hello,

My lack of skill in these matters is not helping as I keep on blowing the slow blow 8 amp fuse in my Gottlieb Pink Panther.

This fuse controls the flippers and pop bumpers.

The game was working fine; no issues, playing for about 30 straight minutes and then this fuse blows.

I replace fuse and it blows again; needless to say there is a short somewhere.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mark

sylvain
MAACA Death Knight

Re: Gottlieb Pink Panther - fuse constantly blows

Postby sylvain » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:29 am

Is a pop bumper always locked-on at power-up?
If yes, the associated drive transistor on the driver board most probably needs to be replaced along with the affected pop bumper coil.
If not, check the flipper coils, connections to the coils' lugs, diodes across coils, and especially flipper EOS switches' gapping under the playfield (should open when flipper activated).
With the machine powered OFF, you can measure the coils' resistance and compare with other similar coils...

- Sylvain.
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, Capersville or The Wiggler, Williams Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for over 35 years.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

Return to “Pinball and Videogame Tech”