Matching parts to members (And you know that notion, just crossed my mind)

Have questions on how to fix your machine or what products to use? This is the place to ask for help.
R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Matching parts to members (And you know that notion, just crossed my mind)

Post by R.A.B. »

That thread title, or part of it is from a Grateful Dead song. I am grateful, but apparently not dead yet.

Something, in the form of a notion crossed my mind this morning and prompted me to post, thus apparently waking up the collector community with a small parts supply/soucre nudge-nudge wink-wink alert this summer. Everybody needs parts, it is hard to move forward without parts when a project becomes the thing that holds our interest above all other ordinary & mundane life situations while struggling towards being happy via perosnal accomplishments.

It occurs to me that I am quite able to provide parts these days that are not regularly stocked in an ordinary/traditional/calculated run of the mill parts inventory. At this job, I count on myself, not the computer. It plays a secondary role, and I want to keep it that way. The other way around is wrong, and takes most of the fun out of working. I see & think shit for myself and my employer. (i.e. parts & service) and then I make human connections (i.e. members) and I pair them up. I am relieved to know that there is no app for that, just pure instinct, knowledge and experience to guide us, for those who really know life. You could code all the interpreted data connections between parts and members, but it would take most of the fun out of it for the sake of efficiency, and that is not what real life is about. Real life is a mess of stuff. It is about knowing people, laughing, thinking, talking, fighting, loving and living weird shit, and that should not be put on a hard drive or the fucking cloud and obscenely reduced to representations (i.e. codes) to be managed via data banks, this is not real life, it is only a way to control it in order to profit, and this sucks when YOU reduce life to likes and trends.

Two examples -

Coil # A-14789 was used in two Williams games (Slugfest & Getaway), yet I have 7 in stock which helped Dave W get his pinball launching balls into paly for a Borderland meeting pretty much the same day.

P/N A-6306-2 Plunger assy
is not something that would normally be in stock, yet I have 3 of those and bailed out Pinballfan87 the day he called for this part and was expecting me to say that I would tack it on to my next Marco order. Not the case this time bucko.

So ask me anything, however weird, I have a very good visual memory and can pretty well tell you if I have seen the elusive part you may need. A part number or a very good description is enough to get us going. The rest is academic.

I also wanted to start a this new thread along with posting pictures of the many N.O.S. parts I have been put in charge of making available to the collector community at often very reasonable pricing. This stuff has in most cases been sitting idle for more than a couple of decades. This is also a great opportunity for me to explain some of these oddball parts from a technical point of view, which I am also familiar with because I have installed most of the parts that you ask for as well as sell them. So I know a few tricks about their applications, the real applications.

Maybe the admins can tell me where we can make this a sticky. Everytime I come to work here I find stuff that I can match to someone I know, and it makes me feel good when that happens. I am happy to go to work these days and I hope this lasts, if not then we will find somewhere else to be who I am am and do what I do, fuck it, life is to teach you and piss you off and make you scream for joy as well. A real mess I tell ya.

2 more examples - concerning parts, not philosophy of life stuff.

- Classic Stern flipper assy. mounting paltes, brand new from the late 70s early 80s came up in a drawer of stuff. Obviously these went to Redketchup at Pincon at a great price. P/N 1B-572- 1 & -2

- Bally 60s parts like flipper pawls, oddball coils, shooter housings and stuff that Pindude152 can call me about and describe in a pinch, I can usually find this stuff, brand new and dusty. Prices are always fair as I am sure he can attest to this.

So thanks to all the members who call me on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays at 514-342-9111 to shoot the breeze, talk tech and get what they need quickly when I have it in stock. Again, there is so much stuff here, just got to know where these parts go, and I do.

So ask me anything, not kidding, whatever you are planning to order from the U.S. ask here first, you may be pleasantly surprised as I will no doubt be when matching a part to a member. (that last phrase sounded weird)

Rob
Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:47 am, edited 27 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Splitskull
Admins
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: And you know that notion, just crossed my mind

Post by Splitskull »

There you go Rob. Now is Sticky in the Tech section. I think is more appropriate here. Too many in General forum.

DrDude
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by DrDude »

Splitskull wrote:There you go Rob. Now is Sticky in the Tech section. I think is more appropriate here. Too many in General forum.
I would have loved to get a set of these, as my Chetah has some Gottlieb Bastardization in its guts, but I was a bit too late to get them at Pincon (Robi and I erroneously drove to the skating rink -- last year's venue -- which delayed us considerably). Any chance you have some more in stock? Thanks so much!
Grant Goodes
Stern: Meteor, Lightning, Nineball, Cheetah, Seawitch, Catacomb
Bally: Fathom x 2, Centaur
Gottlieb: Black Hole
Wanted: Balls-a-Poppin, Catacomb slingshot plastics
Lust-worthy: Dragonfist, Solar Fire, Funhouse, Skateball, Capersville

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

I will check Dr.Dude. The Gottlieb ones are close, but best to have the correct ones.

A left and a right I assume.

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

No more classic stern plates, but will keep looking.
Do have some real early ones from Stern when they bought CCM. First gen games like Rawhide, Pinball etc.

Chicago Coin p/n 1B-309
Bally p/n A-613-41
Attachments
20180718_092227.jpg
20180718_092221.jpg

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

I think it would help the sticky thread if the title was more descriptive.
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

cap wrote:I think it would help the sticky thread if the title was more descriptive.
But, but, but --I like the title.

Anyway everybody here knows I can find you some weird stuff when you put up with me. :D

Dr.nybble has already stumped me with a PM, and with names like that, I think we are all on the same page here cap.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

@ Dr.Dude you have first dibs.

Look what turned up witb a little digging. Two left sides only (for now)
P/N 1B-572 stamped in these N.O.S. parts
P/N 1B-572 stamped in these N.O.S. parts

DrDude
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by DrDude »

R.A.B. wrote:@ Dr.Dude you have first dibs.

Look what turned up witb a little digging. Two left sides only (for now)
PM sent!
Grant Goodes
Stern: Meteor, Lightning, Nineball, Cheetah, Seawitch, Catacomb
Bally: Fathom x 2, Centaur
Gottlieb: Black Hole
Wanted: Balls-a-Poppin, Catacomb slingshot plastics
Lust-worthy: Dragonfist, Solar Fire, Funhouse, Skateball, Capersville

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Re: Matching parts to members. (And you know that notion, just crossed my mind)

Post by Chris Silver »

I would be tickled if you found Af-Tor displays, boards and a backglass. If there was a chance I'll supply part numbers.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: Matching parts to members. (And you know that notion, just crossed my mind)

Post by R.A.B. »

We can try if you do the research and provide a clear pic so I don t waste time guessing. :lol:

That is one rare part indeed. Who knows ? Stranger things have happened here. :FP:

mdeslaur
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Matching parts to members (And you know that notion, just crossed my mind)

Post by mdeslaur »

Do you have any Data East/Sega clear round modular targets? (Part #500-6075-01)
Thanks!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

mdeslaur wrote:Do you have any Data East/Sega clear round modular targets? (Part #500-6075-01)
Thanks!

Strangely enough - yes. :D Brand new old stock. :shock:

5 in stock :o NLA part :shock:
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mdeslaur
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by mdeslaur »

pm sent!

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

Awesome. Have to put together a list ...

Tansit
MAACA New Contributor
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Tansit »

Well this is timely, I’ve been putting together a cart for an order from south of the border, and would rather shop Canadian if I can.

I’ll compile my full list and PM, but there is one part I want to ask about - I need a coil stop or three for a system 7 drop target bank, I believe it’s #A-8037 but I’m not 100% on that. Specs are: 1”x1”, 1/2” on the mounting side, 3/8” hole spacing, and 3/16” stud height.

Thanks for starting this thread!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Tansit wrote:Well this is timely, I’ve been putting together a cart for an order from south of the border, and would rather shop Canadian if I can.

I’ll compile my full list and PM, but there is one part I want to ask about - I need a coil stop or three for a system 7 drop target bank, I believe it’s #A-8037 but I’m not 100% on that. Specs are: 1”x1”, 1/2” on the mounting side, 3/8” hole spacing, and 3/16” stud height.

20180720_083039.jpg
That is the correct part number for the early solid state drop target coil stopper (A-8037) - I have found two so far, will have a look around and let you know. It is an oddball stopper for sure.

Rob

Tansit
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Tansit »

R.A.B. wrote:
Tansit wrote:Well this is timely, I’ve been putting together a cart for an order from south of the border, and would rather shop Canadian if I can.

20180720_083039.jpg

That is the correct part number for the early solid state drop target coil stopper (A-8037) - I have found two so far, will have a look around and let you know. It is an oddball stopper for sure.

Rob
Thanks for hunting that down Rob! I have one that’s actually sheared in half, the other two banks are fine but I might as well replace them all. I’ll send you a PM when I have a shopping list together.

Edit - my drop assembly is a bit different, it uses the micro switches rather than horseshoe wipers, but I’m positive that is the correct stop.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Ok, found some more stuff, mostly Bally/Midway parts for now.

I think I will start posting a few N.O.S parts from the past decades each time I am at work here and happen to stumble upon something that may interest a few members.

Here are a few that came up this morning as I was filling an order for transit (MAACA member from Ottawa)
Bally/Midway parts
Bally/Midway parts
From right to left -

P/N A967-00059-0000 BLY/MDY linear sling shot assy. - $ 25.00 1 left (59.00 USD at Marco)

P/N SW-1A-139 Lane change switch $ 5.00 have a bunch

P/N C-972-1 Kicker Post red Bally/Midway $6.00 have a bunch

P/N C-972 Sling Shot kicker arm BLY/MDY $6.00 have a bunch

P/N AS-428-40 Saucer Hole Kicker assy, BLY/MDY $ 30.00, have half a dozen.

Rob
514-342-9111 (Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays)

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

P/N C-972-1 Kicker Post red Bally/Midway $6.00 have a bunch
These were nowhere to be found a few years ago when I needed one. Thanks for doing this.
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

novaguy
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by novaguy »

Hey Rab would you have a coin mech for my Midway Deluxe shooting gallery?
Attachments
IMG_2821.JPG

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

novaguy wrote:Hey Rab would you have a coin mech for my Midway Deluxe shooting gallery?
Ted, that's crazy shit man.

Ok, but give me a hint, you need the coin entry we see in the pic or the 10 cent coin mech or both ?

If it is the coin mech you need, yes we have dime ones.

Rob

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Darkdog came by today for some Gottlieb parts and to add some parts to the PBR order today. As he looked through some shelves, these N.O.S. Bally parts came up.
20180730_140521.jpg
P/N A-613-41 Flipper plates Bally - 15.00/ea

P/N ASE-1587-111 (incomplete as shown) right flipper assy. (can be reversed to be a left one, but I wouldn't do it simply by principle :D ) $ 30.00

P/N A-3711-4 & A-3711-5 in-line flipper levers (complete with original hex nuts and actuator insulation $ 8.00/ea. (they are $9.95 USD at Marco.)

I have a bunch more of the above in line flipper pawls, some without nuts or black rubber insulator, but I am sure you could use your original nuts - they are also N.O.S. from Bally at $ 6.00/ea

novaguy
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by novaguy »

R.A.B. wrote:
novaguy wrote:Hey Rab would you have a coin mech for my Midway Deluxe shooting gallery?
Ted, that's crazy shit man.

Ok, but give me a hint, you need the coin entry we see in the pic or the 10 cent coin mech or both ?

If it is the coin mech you need, yes we have dime ones.

Rob
Hey RAB.ya I need what's in the pic.if you come across anything please let me know.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Stumbled upon 50, yes fifty N.O.S. coils for Chicago Dynamic Industries (Chicago Coin later to become Stern in 1977).
"Aye Captain, there be coils here." "Shut up and eat your god-dam fish Billy, you smart ass child actor."
"Aye Captain, there be coils here." "Shut up and eat your god-dam fish Billy, you smart ass child actor."
Well, that is not so interesting, and it is pretty common to find new and old dusty parts here, especially coils. Lots of those around and classifying them is a not a task for the faint hearted.

What is of real interest here is the coil number.

J-22-550 (wire gauge 22 at 550 turns) was a very common winding used in many William EM games, mostly on stepper units. Williams used part number A-22-550 which is the same damn thing. So this CCM coil can be substituted to work just as well in EM Williams games and early Stern games as well.

$ 4.00 each - stock up, I know I will.

At that price the coil does not come with a sleeve. If you need some, they are .85/each.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.