Need Help With My Bluenote

Have questions on how to fix your machine or what products to use? This is the place to ask for help.
Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Need Help With My Bluenote

Post by Guard »

I'm going to defy my common sense and get my Bluenote ready for Ottawa this weekend. Right now the biggest issue I'm having is once you get a 'shoot again' the ball never advances again. It's 'shoot again' forever.......no extra balls and everything steps through like it should. I have schematics, but my buddy who reads them waaaaaaay better then I, is busy this week.

Can anyone give me a place to start? The FS relay doesn't work as the little plastic arm that turns the wheel is broken, but I think that is for the match......
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor

Re: Need Help With My Bluenote

Post by Guard »

Or if any EM geniuses want to work on this Friday to have a nice rare game for the show, I'll be there bright and early Friday morning. :ugeek:
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

sylvain
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sylvain »

Without the diagram, I would first check the contacts and their gapping on the following relays:
- Extra Ball Relay
- 1st Ball Relay (U)
- through switch at ball exit from outhole
- interlock relays operation and contacts (AX, BX, etc.)

Good luck!
-Sylvain.
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for 40+ years already.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Guard »

So far the switches check out gapping wise........a question, what is this stuff someone has done to the extra ball relay?
Attachments
Bluenote 3.jpg
bluenote 2.jpg
bluenote 1.jpg

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

bring it to the show and be sure to bring schematics.
Worst case scenario we make it play extremely tough so no one gets the Shoot Again. ;)
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

also I would guess that Shoot Again is a self-latching relay that is supposed to be interrupted by a portion of the ball reset cycle, so that would make it easy enough to zero in.
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Guard »

Turns out its the trough switch in the shooters lane.

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

congrats