PETG washers/plastic protectors in Canada?

Have questions on how to fix your machine or what products to use? This is the place to ask for help.
semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

PETG washers/plastic protectors in Canada?

Postby semicolin » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:31 pm

Is anyone making/selling PETG washers and plastic protectors in Canada? I find it kind of silly that a small bubble envelope sent USPS international lettermail for $2 costs $34USD, but it seems that most of the pinball products sellers are using the same shipping estimation tool in their shopping carts.

I haven't found a Canadian seller, or an American seller with a more reasonable shipment estimation.

Thoughts?
Sharing my space with: Stern Meteor, Gottlieb Tag Team, Interflip Dragon, Bally Centaur II, Street Fighter cab w/Premium 8
Wanted: Widebody cocktail cabinet, ≥ 36", Bally Elektra, Williams Rollergames

eh97ac
MAACA QuarterPounder

Re: PETG washers/plastic protectors in Canada?

Postby eh97ac » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:17 pm

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Postby semicolin » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:21 pm

That's $480 shipping but they throw in a free backglass
Sharing my space with: Stern Meteor, Gottlieb Tag Team, Interflip Dragon, Bally Centaur II, Street Fighter cab w/Premium 8

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:57 am

semicolin wrote:Is anyone making/selling PETG washers and plastic protectors in Canada? I find it kind of silly that a small bubble envelope sent USPS international lettermail for $2 costs $34USD, but it seems that most of the pinball products sellers are using the same shipping estimation tool in their shopping carts.

I haven't found a Canadian seller, or an American seller with a more reasonable shipment estimation.

Thoughts?

(Thought is that you are looking too far.)

Colin, I have some of these in Montreal from I.C.E. the Super Chexx people. .40 cents each and $ 1.05 for shipping.

Rob 514-342-9111 mon, wed, fridays only.

SC3008.jpg
player lock washer
SC3008.jpg (4.36 KiB) Viewed 588 times
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Postby semicolin » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:48 pm

If that's the washer that goes between the ice and the player on a super chexx then that will be a brittle plastic like acrylic or lexan. Problem with those is that they won't survive direct ball strikes. The new PETG plastics are awesome for that- much more flexible under a direct impact without shattering. I'll keep looking for a bit and let you know. Thanks for looking out.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Postby R.A.B. » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:27 am

semicolin wrote:If that's the washer that goes between the ice and the player on a super chexx then that will be a brittle plastic like acrylic or lexan. Problem with those is that they won't survive direct ball strikes. The new PETG plastics are awesome for that- much more flexible under a direct impact without shattering. I'll keep looking for a bit and let you know. Thanks for looking out.

No problem Colin, I check the forum regularly for parts requests and enjoy keeping in touch with people I know.

Yes, P/N SC3008 is the clear lexan washer that goes under the ice surface (P/N SC3025X) and sits on the player gearbox (P/N SC3012) before impaling it with the player. :lol: I use these on "the herd" of pinballs at the North Star where there is alot of play and bounce back on the playfield, seems to properly protect the lightshields. I sell these to collectors regualrly, and they double them up in high stress areas for faster games, seems to work for them as well.

P.S. the above is not a sales pitch (hell they are .40 cents each :lol:), just sharing experience. Carry on.

Rob

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Postby semicolin » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:23 pm

What's the diameter on them anyway?

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Postby R.A.B. » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:44 am

semicolin wrote:What's the diameter on them anyway?

3/4 of an inch.

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Postby semicolin » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:43 pm

If anyone wants to buy PETG ones in various sizes, I went out and made them. Take a look here and get in touch if you're interested: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25520

Return to “Pinball and Videogame Tech”