6 million dollar man ( solved )

Have questions on how to fix your machine or what products to use? This is the place to ask for help.
steamfitter
MAACA Half-ling

6 million dollar man ( solved )

Postby steamfitter » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:28 am

Calling bally experts

I'm working on a friends 6mdm that had battery acid damage . All powers are good repined J4 on mpu , installed my working alltek cleared board then set 6mdm setting 00001001 and all i get is all 000000 on displays even credit / ball display . But i get 7 flashes so i put the alltek back in my 8bd to double check last flash . I put it back in 6mdm but forgot to change dip setting :FP: but to my surprise everything worked coined up , started a game , flippers worked , score on display added up but being wrong game on dip setting things didn't work as they should but it worked . Shut game off cleared mpu set it back to 6mdm setting and i'm back to square 1 nothing works :FP:
Anybody seen this before ?

Thanks

Denis
Last edited by steamfitter on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pins:Eight Ball Deluxe, Black Hole , Flash Gordon, Black Knight
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , Meteor , star trek , James bond 007

it's like a school yard , you have your bullies , kingpins and followers and they'll take your lunch money :FP:

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

steamfitter
MAACA Half-ling

Re: 6 million dollar man

Postby steamfitter » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:35 am

Quench on pinside had the answer

See the bulletin below - it's hidden in the Six Million Dollar Man manual.

You're booting up into an audit mode because of the way you have dip switches 30 and 31 set on the MPU board. Put them both OFF.
This audit mode is special to Six Million Dollar Man because of the 6 player displays.
Pins:Eight Ball Deluxe, Black Hole , Flash Gordon, Black Knight
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , Meteor , star trek , James bond 007

it's like a school yard , you have your bullies , kingpins and followers and they'll take your lunch money :FP:

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

Return to “Pinball and Videogame Tech”