Foam for pin lock down bar

Have questions on how to fix your machine or what products to use? This is the place to ask for help.
SquidVicious
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 1 time

Foam for pin lock down bar

Post by SquidVicious »

The lock down bar on one of my pins has some pretty nasty foam, I'm thinking of picking up a strip of weather sealing foam .. is this a decent replacement or is there something others would recommend ?
SM GOT TZ CV TOTAN AFMLE Congo Meteor 2021

Ricker
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Foam for pin lock down bar

Post by Ricker »

Squid, Home Depot is your friend. Go for the weather stripping. There are different widths but the length is around 10' and is black. Measure your present "beer seal" then you know which one to buy. Costs around $7.
Pins - http://www.pinballowners.com/ricker

WTB: Fathom, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe, Mata Hari, Silverball Mania, Mystic, Count Down, TX-Sector, Jacks Open, Roller Disco, Seawitch, Pharaoh, Solar Fire, Jungle Lord, Grand Lizard, Firepower II, Scorpion, Star Light, Star Trek TNG, Phantom Of The Opera, Nautilus (Playmatic), Dialed In.

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

Closed cell foam is the kind you're looking for.

Ricker
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Ricker »

Yes, that is what I meant to say, closed cell foam like Websherpa said.
Pins - http://www.pinballowners.com/ricker

WTB: Fathom, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe, Mata Hari, Silverball Mania, Mystic, Count Down, TX-Sector, Jacks Open, Roller Disco, Seawitch, Pharaoh, Solar Fire, Jungle Lord, Grand Lizard, Firepower II, Scorpion, Star Light, Star Trek TNG, Phantom Of The Opera, Nautilus (Playmatic), Dialed In.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

I have some from PBR that I never used. Just remind me next time you're here, Dan.

Me

Post by Me »

It's one of those items I just usually add to my shopping list when I order.... Never know when it will come in handy, and they're only about $1 each.

When you take the old one off... make sure you get all the bumps/debris off - otherwise it won't stick properly.

purpledrillmonkey
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by purpledrillmonkey »

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

For future reference, locally, this is the one you want: http://homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm ... 2?Ntt=foam