Installing gameroom carpet

Tell everybody what machines you have and upload pictures.
Chazzman

Installing gameroom carpet

Postby Chazzman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Okay... About to order some UV carpet from Astro Carpet Mills (Mardi Gras), currently have unfinished plywood subfloor in basement.

For those guys that have had this type of industrial carpet installed before..... what is the recommended method of install? Have heard underpad is not good for sliding around arcade games on..... so is it just best to glue it down directly to the plywood?

Any particular adhesive that is recommended?

I am having it installed..... But want to make sure they do it correctly.

semicolin
MAACA Barbarian

Re: Installing gameroom carpet

Postby semicolin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:43 pm

I'd ask Astro Carpet since it's their product and they're super familiar with it.

Commercial carpet tiles are usually laid direct to concrete with a low-VOC adhesive applied with a paint roller, and that would be the same way in an arcade too. Underpadding is definitely not necessary. You definitely want a low-tack non-drying adhesive instead of something like a PL glue, because you don't want to destroy your sub-floor if you ever pull up your carpet.
Sharing my space with: Stern Meteor, Gottlieb Tag Team, Interflip Dragon, Street Fighter cab w/Premium 8
Wanted: Widebody cocktail cabinet, ≥ 36", Bally Elektra, Williams Rollergames, Bally Centaur

cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Re: Installing gameroom carpet

Postby cdnpinballer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:21 pm

For our games room we installed a drycore sub-floor then we laid a rubber under pad I think it was 1/2 inch followed by low pile commercial carpet.

The underpad is a bit more comfortable on the feet vs. just sub-floor. Especially when you're standing for hours on end playing pins.
I am with ALL.

This space left intentionally blank.

Return to “Game Rooms - Salles de Jeux”