Amusement2020

Tell everybody what machines you have and upload pictures.
Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Amusement2020

Post by Mrhide »

:shock: J’ai enfin été faire un tour chez amusement2020 sur st martin, coin Chomedey et la job que Terry a fait est incroyable.

C’est propre, les jeux sont entretenus et fonctionnel, le choix est superbe et c’est même pas cher!! En plus, quand je faisais pas de free game, ca m’en donnait une à la fin sur les pins!

En plus, y’a pas un chat! :cry:
Aller faire un tour, c’est pas pire pentoute!
Attachments
9C840C46-6598-465F-8C5F-A67F9D95093A.jpeg
5D178E95-4A88-44C3-96BE-2C9DC074418E.jpeg
750CF908-3852-4968-8251-793ADB9A62C6.jpeg
39D65C87-8BE3-4ADC-920F-869206DD3698.jpeg
BC2D5356-9A66-4779-AF03-C559D72ECF1C.jpeg
EF2DD4A6-5B64-4FD5-8366-15A2F76AA9F2.jpeg
684BA15A-6675-45A2-A939-ACBEBCD15FAF.jpeg
34FE9566-CFE4-48D4-9346-5CBAC1754C22.jpeg
07F455A9-C273-44CB-9304-AF0A718B2009.jpeg
D76BE87B-E4E9-4805-8A43-450D68ACEA01.jpeg
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Re: Amusement2020

Post by R.A.B. »

I see Terry regularly at Alouette when he comes in for parts and we talk quite a bit about the business and where it is headed. Indeed, his new place in the densely family populated region of Laval looks impressive. Oh, by the by MrHide, I didn't know that Terry had a cat in his previous arcade on St.Catherine, so if I understand correctly, there is none at the Laval location, or at least you didn't see "un chat" when you were there. :lol:

Terry's old location was really the last of the 20th century Montreal arcades of St.Catherine. And now, as if by chance, a new style arcade has opened up right across the street from his old location, makes sense, an opportunity to fill a void usually works. There was no street sign up when I looked for it, and it is nowhere as large as Terry's old (or new) place. This new location is flirting with redemption in a bold & innovated way which I have never seen before.

Went in there two weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon with my son and spoke with the attendant for a while after he had passed the mop and opened the joint. He told me that the place was as full as a publicly run daycare on Saturday and just as chaotic. I guess that this is a good thing since young people need to express themselves off the web like human beings have doing since Jesus was a boy, and ofcourse previous to the www working hard to appropriate our thinking and choices. I always take the opportunity to tell the younger ones with a look of potential for life in their eyes to live off line, hell, it is just another work tool like a shredder, a hammer or sump pump and just as effective in a less physically anchored way. I think the next gen after the millennials will likely be more interesting, they seem less materialistic and hopefully have a better chance at a more independent way of life if they simply learn to leave their phones in their pockets for longer stretches' when they are alone, or even better, leave them at home when they go out with friends.

Rab
Last edited by R.A.B. on Thu May 12, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Wow, I think I need some linked Mario Kart GP action in my life.
Thank you for the photos, and wow a great pin lineup
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

Ataboy what a lineup, merci Phil, toutes les games que je voulais essayer :mrgreen:
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

Azatotht wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:22 am Ataboy what a lineup, merci Phil, toutes les games que je voulais essayer :mrgreen:

On fait une soirée?! Fait nous signe!
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

Dave W.
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Dave W. »

cait001 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:15 am Wow, I think I need some linked Mario Kart GP action in my life.
A few years ago I asked Michel at P1 what a pair would set me back. Turns out it costs 30k.
I love that game, but just couldn't justify the purchase

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by mrmikeman »

If 30k was a few years ago it’s probably closer to 50k now lol.
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
MultiMorphic P3 with all 7 current modules + all mini-games currently available
Star Wars Prem
Star Trek the Next Generation
Lady Luck (Recel) (in winter storage)
Gtb Pro Football (in winter storage)

Incoming: Looney Tunes, Princess Bride (P3 module)

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC *SOLD PP

MISC:
Aristocrat Shuffle Alley (in winter storage)
Custom built mini Virtual Pinball

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE - $500 (in winter storage)
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke. *FOR SALE - $1400

Gone but not forgotten
So many... CCrLE, WOZ ECLE, Stern POTC, Star Trek Pro, MMrRE, Stranger Things LE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

foogywoo
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by foogywoo »

C'est fou tout ce qu'il y a là, ça fait un bout que je me dis que je dois y aller... peut-être en fin de semaine!

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

Je vois que j’ai oublié des photos, “pour les plus vieux”!
Attachments
9AAC1312-8241-47EE-A23F-8FE5C367F659.jpeg
BB42A568-B52E-440E-9DF5-D723E1898C9C.jpeg
D0B2B7EE-EF27-4BB3-B1DB-6CB56B66081E.jpeg

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Dave W. wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:34 am
cait001 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:15 am Wow, I think I need some linked Mario Kart GP action in my life.
A few years ago I asked Michel at P1 what a pair would set me back. Turns out it costs 30k.
I love that game, but just couldn't justify the purchase
Every cutting-edge game has a life cycle, so perhaps in 10 years you'll be able to pick up a pair at an auction for far less?

What are the prices like for playing games?
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

pinball is 3 token (0.75$) for a game, 3 games for 8 If I remember correctly.

The wangan 5DX was 4 token (1$).

Again, cheap prices if you ask me and why I want people to go and enjoy it. There are not a lot of these places left so let's keep them alive if indeed, we want to be able to buy their old games in 10 years ...

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

100%. People shouldn't scoff at $1 games if they know the retail price!

Paul
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Paul »

Terry is a really nice guy. I bought a pin from him, he gave my son and I a roll of tokens each to play some of the games. We got to play alot of pins I other wise wouldn't of been able to try. Really nice arcade. Wish there was something like that close to me.

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by World_of_Warships »

On va certainement aller faire un tour cet été, wow! Super belle job sur les games plus anciennes!

Bagdad
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Bagdad »

Je suis aller faire un tour samedi pm. Excellent lineup. Avec 20$ de token, j'ai jouer 2h+. 8-)

Mes seuls point négatifs sont que les machines avec insider connected ne sont pas connecter au réseau, et que le shield du Black Knight est brisé rendant la machine pas mal inutilisable..

Ah oui, un autre point négatif est que maintenant j'ai envie de m'acheter une JP et une AIQ... :FP:
Own:Who Dunnit / Black Knight SOR premium / Baywatch / Junk Yard / Houdini / Bram Stoker's Dracula
Looking for: Black Rose
Gone: Diner / Hurricane

Azatotht
Admins

Post by Azatotht »

Bagdad wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:07 pm Je suis aller faire un tour samedi pm. Excellent lineup. Avec 20$ de token, j'ai jouer 2h+. 8-)

Mes seuls point négatifs sont que les machines avec insider connected ne sont pas connecter au réseau, et que le shield du Black Knight est brisé rendant la machine pas mal inutilisable..

Ah oui, un autre point négatif est que maintenant j'ai envie de m'acheter une JP et une AIQ... :FP:
Question stupide, les machines à tokens prennent-elles Interac de nos jours ou c'est encore juste des lecteurs de 'papiers' ?

Bagdad
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Bagdad »

Azatotht wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:54 pm Question stupide, les machines à tokens prennent-elles Interac de nos jours ou c'est encore juste des lecteurs de 'papiers' ?
Il y avait un signe "cash only" mais je sais pas si c'était juste pour le bonhomme à l'entrée. J'ai pas utilisé les machine à token, par contre je sais qu'au Northstar elles prennent les cartes...
Own:Who Dunnit / Black Knight SOR premium / Baywatch / Junk Yard / Houdini / Bram Stoker's Dracula

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

Azatotht wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:54 pm Question stupide, les machines à tokens prennent-elles Interac de nos jours ou c'est encore juste des lecteurs de 'papiers' ?
C'est pas stupide: J'étais certain que ce serait "carte seulement" mais non, c'est cash only! chu retourné dans l'auto chercher des 2$ ... pis tu mets tes cennes dans la machine à change pour avoir des jetons!! Nostalgie quand tu nous tiens!

... ya aussi un guichet dans la place

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

Bagdad wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:07 pmJe suis aller faire un tour samedi pm. Excellent lineup. Avec 20$ de token, j'ai jouer 2h+. 8-)

faut tu nous fasses signe dans ce temps là!

Bagdad
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Bagdad »

Mrhide wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:25 am faut tu nous fasses signe dans ce temps là!
J'y ai pensé, mais vu que tu venais juste d'y aller... :lol: Mais c'est clair que je retourne bientôt, je vais te faire signe.

joblo
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by joblo »

I usually enjoy going to AMUSEMENT 2020 but when I went to play pins last weekend (last week of May), EVERY SINGLE pin had their "ball save" turned off, to 0 seconds.

In other words, if a ball drains asap, it's on to ball#2.

I will NOT go back unless they change that policy.

Very scammy. Didn't appreciate that at all.

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by HPR Pinball »

joblo wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:48 pm I usually enjoy going to AMUSEMENT 2020 but when I went to play pins last weekend (last week of May), EVERY SINGLE pin had their "ball save" turned off, to 0 seconds.

In other words, if a ball drains asap, it's on to ball#2.

I will NOT go back unless they change that policy.

Very scammy. Didn't appreciate that at all.
Ha ha same old story from the 80's!!
The video game i want to play is always the one i don't have :FP:
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

Went again tonight and happy to see that the place was *packed*!!!

Je pensais que j’avais des grosses games mais la mission impossible takes the cake ! Hole shit c’est gros !!

Azatotht
Admins

Post by Azatotht »

J’y suis allé hier soir avec mon garçon et on a eu pas mal de fun. Y’avait beaucoup de monde pis de jeunes en plus.

Je constate que presque personne joue les pins par contre, on n’a eu aucun problème à jouer tant qu’on a voulu.

Ils ont probablement updaté le code sur les machines parce que j’ai mis mes initiales souvent, surtout sur Iron Maiden, j’y crois pas 8-)
Ouais bon je pense pas
Ouais bon je pense pas

La Black Knight n’était plus là, dommage je voulais l’essayer. Médieval Madness et AFM sont rendues dans la section rétro au fond si jamais quelqu’un les cherche.

La seule que j’ai pas pu essayer comme il faut est Deadpool, les drops targets sont brisées pis les balles restent poignées donc injouable, soyez avertis.
Deadpool is dead baby
Deadpool is dead baby
Ceux qui se plaignent pour les ball saves, wow, vous êtes pas faites forts. J’ai trouvé les games faciles à jouer en masse pis j’ai fait plein de free games. Y’a des ball saves en masse sur Iron Maiden pis me semble que j’en ai remarqué sur d’autres aussi bien que certaines games ont été brutales :FP:

On a joué presque 4 heures avec 24$… j’appelle pas ça du vol, au contraire je trouve ça bien correct, toutes des premiums en plus sauf Metallica qui est Pro, Turtles et Avengers qui sont LE !!!

La seule chose que je constate c’est que je suis rendu vieux, maudit que le son des vidéos autour est FORT !! Je m’entendais plus réfléchir :lol: Je vais sûrement y retourner une journée moins achalandée pour entendre un peu mieux les games.

Iron Maiden a même un sub en dessous pis les games ont pleins d’ajouts: mirror blades, speaker led kits, toppers. Vraiment cool.

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by World_of_Warships »

Merci @Azatotht, ça nous donne le goût du aller quand on sera dans le coin! On va littéralement être comme des enfants dans un candy store! Le bruit des arcades, un paquet de pinballs, etc, c'est ça qu'on aime!