Snazzy81's Mancave version 1.5 alpha

Tell everybody what machines you have and upload pictures.
Snazzy81
MAACA Super Contributor

Snazzy81's Mancave version 1.5 alpha

Post by Snazzy81 »

So we moved at the beginning of the year and vids & pins were the last thing on my mind. Now we've pretty much got the house in order so finally had some time to set everything up. It's not perfect, but good enough for now. Nice to have some space for everything.

For now Golden Tee is in the garage with my workshop.

Probably won't finish the basement this year, should give me time to finish off the couple projects in the back corner plus the Hockey Champ (not pictured). I also really want to work on the Bally Variety.
Attachments
Basement01.jpg
Basement02.jpg
Basement03.jpg
Basement04.jpg
Basement05.jpg
Pins - http://www.pinballowners.com/snazzy81
Vids - Centipede, Mame Cabinet, Megatouch Double Platinum, Sea Wolf, 1256in1 NBA Jam cabinet, Space Invaders, Asteroids Cocktail, GT2K5
Misc - Pachinko, Pashislo, Roberto Foosball, 1939 Bally Variety Sequence Game, Royal Hawaiian Bowler, The Grappler, CC Hockey Champ, CC TV Baseball, Super Hang-On

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Re: Snazzy81's Mancave version 1.5 alpha

Post by R.A.B. »

Holy crap !! I want an invite, it looks like a place where I could stay up all night without coffee. :jumpy

Beautiful Darren, I am glad that you are finally coming up for air and back on MAACA after this big move into your new house. I especially like the bare bulb thing in the last pic.

Congrats dude !

Rob
Last edited by R.A.B. on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Magneto
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Magneto »

WOW..........lots of ROOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

NICE!!!!!

I want to move too!

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Post by Mrhide »

lots of room for expansion :)
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by HPR Pinball »

Wow this is a dream man cave !!! :)
The video game i want to play is always the one i don't have :FP:
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

Pinball Junkie
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Pinball Junkie »

Awesome game room Darren! Wish I had that kind of space.
Collection: SM(Stn),T2,HS2,CFTBL,MBrLE,CCrLE,JJPOTCLE,WWind,WCS94,EBD,MM

Owned in the past: RFM,AvengersHulkLE,Elvis,EBD,EB,SegaGZ

Would like AFMrLE & PFLE.

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

Welcome to the Unfinished Basement Arcade Club!

Snazzy81
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Snazzy81 »

Thanks guys, I have the space until we finish the basement, then it has to shrink a bit.
R.A.B. wrote:Holy crap !! I want an invite, it looks like a place where I could stay up all night without coffee. :jumpy

Beautiful Darren, I am glad that you are finally coming up for air and back on MAACA after this big move into your new house. I especially like the bare bulb thing in the last pic.

Congrats dude !

Rob
Dude, anytime you're in the area ping me!
Vids - Centipede, Mame Cabinet, Megatouch Double Platinum, Sea Wolf, 1256in1 NBA Jam cabinet, Space Invaders, Asteroids Cocktail, GT2K5
Misc - Pachinko, Pashislo, Roberto Foosball, 1939 Bally Variety Sequence Game, Royal Hawaiian Bowler, The Grappler, CC Hockey Champ, CC TV Baseball, Super Hang-On

ThunderStorm
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by ThunderStorm »

what are the light up signs you have, can't tell in the pictures
Stern Mustang. Williams Indiana Jones. Williams Flintstones. Teed off. Time Machine. Cyclone. Rollercoaster Tycoon. Getaway. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. White Water. Apollo 13 and a bunch of other gameroom stuff

baritonomarchetto
MAACA New Contributor

Post by baritonomarchetto »

Nice!

What have you used for acoustic insulation?

AMX
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by AMX »

Shit! I would like to have all this space in my basement!!
Nice game you have there!
Pinball
Pinball Owners.com/amx1
Jukebox
Seeburg DS, Seeburg AY, Seeburg 222, RockOla 418, AMI E-80
Video
Star Wars + ESB, 1942, 1943, Striker 1945, Arkanoid, Arkanoid Revenge Of Doh, Spy Hunter, Aero Fighters
Arcade
Chicago Coin TV Baseball, Midway Haunted House, Chicago Coin Varsity, United Line Up, United Sure Fire, Bally ABC Tournament

Snazzy81
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Snazzy81 »

ThunderStorm wrote:what are the light up signs you have, can't tell in the pictures
Up on the cross beam there's a Fosters's & Budweiser. On the wall is a scrolling poster Labatt Blue. The neon on the far wall is a kinda funny. It's a Molson Excel Bar sign for non-alcoholic beer, lol. I have over 100 bar signs, most of which are still packed away.
baritonomarchetto wrote:Nice!

What have you used for acoustic insulation?
That's actually standard house insulation that the builder put in. It's an energy star home so it's floor to ceiling.

Yeah, I kinda don't want to finish the basement too soon, don't want to lose all the real estate.

Cartier736
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Cartier736 »

Nice selection of games! You have a couple of my favourite EMs in there (Surf Champ, Strikes and Spares). :)

Snazzy81
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Snazzy81 »

After bringing GT downstairs figured it was time to take a couple new pics. Since the last time a few games have come to life including Super Hang-On, CC TV Baseball and Bally Variety. Williams Skill Pool is also running but very rough and still needs a lot of work.
Attachments
IMG_0367.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg
IMG_0372.jpg

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

Looks awesome!

Love the gameplay variety.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

Just the size of that basement in Hamilton is insanely expensive. :mrgreen:
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

Nice collection!

Snazzy81
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Snazzy81 »

So mancave 1v5 alpha is officially closed for business. The time has come to properly finish the basement which started a few weeks ago. I'll open a new thread documenting the process and look forward to feedback.
Attachments
IMG_20170107_140644.jpg

shane
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by shane »

Jealous of all the space. cant wait to see 2.0!!

Big task at hand, good luck with finishing basement.

looking forward to pics!!
Shane. "Just because I love pinball doesn't mean I'm any good".

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

I think it's so funny Snazzy that 80% of the people with these big fantastic collections never seem to finish their basement walls. LOL

You have an amazing lineup. :-)
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

pinhead
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by pinhead »

Pretty cool space and nice lineup!
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

Snazzy81
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Snazzy81 »

Thanks guys. The main reason we didn't finish the basement was because I had free reign to do whatever I wanted. Now that we're finishing it need to about an office for my wife, family room and bathroom. All of which will carve up the basement and reduce the footprint of the arcade. :brickwall