Flipper Button LEDs

Restoration/upgrades/fixes/fabrication of pins and vids
Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Flipper Button LEDs

Post by Chris Silver »

Do you really need to buy one of these push button LED kits with the cute little circuit boards for $30 usd to light up your flipper buttons?

Could you not just run a couple wires off the playfield GI and install some sockets?

This question is in regards to pimping out early SS pins.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: Flipper Button LEDs

Post by Fifty »

I just bought the bayonets and flex head LEDs and wired it up myself using feeds off the coin door. It worked perfectly and cost less that $6.

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

I heard people that make this mod are sometimes disappointed with the light leaking between the playfield and the inner side of the cabinet. Was that a problem for you?
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

Fifty wrote:I just bought the bayonets and flex head LEDs and wired it up myself using feeds off the coin door. It worked perfectly and cost less that $6.
Hey Tim, where is that thread that you put a link in regarding those flex heads?
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Fifty »

Chris Silver wrote:
Fifty wrote:I just bought the bayonets and flex head LEDs and wired it up myself using feeds off the coin door. It worked perfectly and cost less that $6.
Hey Tim, where is that thread that you put a link in regarding those flex heads?
I don't know that I did. I installed them on my F-14 a while back but I'm not sure I ever posted pics.

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by HPR Pinball »

You can certainly use screw bayonnets near flipper buttons, run wires and make this mods cost less than 2$
Personnaly i find that lot of mods can be ''home made'' and save tons of money.
The video game i want to play is always the one i don't have :FP:
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Fifty »

cap wrote:I heard people that make this mod are sometimes disappointed with the light leaking between the playfield and the inner side of the cabinet. Was that a problem for you?
I didn't like the light bleeding out but not enough to reverse the mod. I ended up using some black felt to block the light.