PLAY BALL!!! Rock out the Rock-Ola World Series!!

Restoration/upgrades/fixes/fabrication of pins and vids
Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

PLAY BALL!!! Rock out the Rock-Ola World Series!!

Postby Sparky » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Well, I usually don't post on projects anymore as I have so much to do and posting takes some free time away, but I promised Caitlyn, so here goes.

The story starts here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24912

So yes, I got the two World Series... BUT... Caitlyn had a THIRD that needed love too... so... probably not since the 1930's has there been THREE Rock-Ola World Series pins side by side! All will be restored.

And just to pu things in perspective... in baseball in 1934:

Lou Gehrig won the American League MVP and the St-Louis Cardinals won the World Series

The Pittsburgh Crawfords, with their star player Satchel Paige, won the Negro League title (and if you are a history buff or baseball nut, read up on Satchel Paige. The BEST player that ever lived, according to my grandfather... Paige was over 60 years old in his last MLB game...). I isited the Negro League Baseball hall of fame in Kansas City a few years ago. Met an ex-player there who was more than happy to tell me the stories. One of my best museum trips. But I digress...

1934 was the turning point of a very dark period, the Great Depression. An new house cost on average 6000$, less than a new pin today. LOL.

That year, a fanatic that was elected the year before in Germany, self-proclaimed himself as the fuhrer...

Bonnie and Clyde saw their journey end in a hail of bullets in Louisiana.

Nessie is spotted in Loch Ness for the first time...

And Alcatraz was open for business.

And 84 years later....

20181213_104811.jpg

20181213_123006.jpg

PLAY BALL!!!
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

Azatotht
Admins

Re: PLAY BALL!!! Rock out the Rock-Ola World Series!!

Postby Azatotht » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Cool stuff !
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Very excited!
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), GTB Sure Shot, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: スマートボール (Smart Ball), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series, 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1934 Bally Signal Sr (lent), 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Par Golf, 1960s Bingolette
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Snazzy81
MAACA Barbarian

Postby Snazzy81 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:26 pm

There was one for sale out in this neck of the woods a couple weeks ago. Now I'm really regretting not picking it up :(
Pins - http://www.pinballowners.com/snazzy81
Vids - Centipede, Mame Cabinet, Megatouch Double Platinum, Sea Wolf, 1256in1 NBA Jam cabinet, Space Invaders, Asteroids Cocktail, GT2K5
Misc - Pachinko, Pashislo, Roberto Foosball, 1939 Bally Variety Sequence Game, Royal Hawaiian Bowler, The Grappler, CC Hockey Champ, CC TV Baseball, Super Hang-On

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Snazzy81 wrote:There was one for sale out in this neck of the woods a couple weeks ago. Now I'm really regretting not picking it up :(

I quickly set one up and you know what? As crazy as it may sound, it is fun as hell!!! Lol. You don't approach it like a flipper pin but mostly like a kid's game! I LOVE the ball rolling all around the playfield before going down the pin area. And the mechanisms are brilliantly made. Very ingenious. These will be a blast once restored.
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

hyann
MAACA Goliath

Postby hyann » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:25 am

En plein le genre de projet qui m'aurait remotivé ça!!! J'attends les updates!
http://www.pinballowners.com/hyann
Working on: Taxi PF restoration
In french: Blog sur machines, romans et jeux: http://machines-romans-jeux.blogspot.com

MPL 2009-2010 Iron Man and Royal Flush: Best effort awards
MPL 2010-2011 Gary stern trophy !

Return to “Projects”