*3D printed parts thread*

Restoration/upgrades/fixes/fabrication of pins and vids
eh97ac
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Unobtanium plastic parts thread

Post by eh97ac »

Chnillapoil wrote:I tried different configuration and because plastic is thicker than metal, the best is to forget the nipple :lol: . The most important is that it supports the metal part, the screw will align all the parts together anyway....

4AC8F9D4-977F-4BA5-8F98-173CB26AB1F5.jpeg
Looks good :D

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

Chnillapoil wrote:Made a new robot for my Genesis....need a bit of refinement :)
Is it practical for someone in his basement to use lidar or something similar to scan an object in 3D for 3D printing later?
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by necro_nemesis »

There's software that can give a reasonable approximation from taking multiple photos. Enough to have a start point to replicate the object but typically the best results come from recreating the object as a solid using the scan as guide.
Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Chnillapoil wrote:
necro_nemesis wrote:A bit of custom 3d work.
Wow looks very good !Did you share your file on Thingiverse ?
I open source most of my work but this took a ridiculous amount of time to create a file that builds internal cavities lofting without support and fits proper 555 and 47 sockets in it. I'm also in the late stages of making a proper Rolleiflex camera not the traditional rectangular blob that's around.... For now I want to hold onto the designs since I put a stupid amount of effort in getting them perfect. The slot illuminates internally with a 555 Led that sits in a housing; installation is a matter of slipping it over the wire frame and running two sets of wires down the existing hole there to G.I. and the slot machine bulb. Fit and clearances are perfect. No drilling out an antique made in Hong Kong pencil sharpener and strapping brackets to it. My objective was to mimic something Williams/Bally would have produced for this application. One piece mould with maybe one or two colors that would have been well design but inexpensive to manufacture in quantity. Some mods are overemphasised in final details whereas for production detail is in the initial design and not the part. Mods should look like they were there not added IMHO.
Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Re: 3D printed parts thread

Post by necro_nemesis »

prototype
Attachments
image1[3175].jpeg

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

If it were a part used to save a game I'd certainly post it. I think it's great that things which couldn't be fixed now have another new lease on life. I will see if there are things that fall into this category and draw them up over time and post those designs. Awhile back I did a search on Thingiverse for pinball related stuff and there was a bit but really not as much as I would have expected but it seems people that have been into 3d printing have gotten quite a bit better at the whole process so maybe that experience will now be seen in tackling accurately making components.

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

Is it possible to mold semi translucent plastic?
I believe the Data East and Capcom mini mars domes are unobtainium.
550-5055-02 red
550-5055-04 green
550-5055-05 blue
https://www.marcospecialties.com/contro ... 50-5055-05
mini mars dome.jpg
mini mars dome.jpg (6.37 KiB) Viewed 1847 times
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Yeah with UV Photocuring resin 3d printer you can make translucent objects of very high detail. The printers have come way down in price like the Elegoo Mars for example. I haven't one... yet but it would be interesting to see how strong the cured parts are.

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

resin print
Attachments
uovymlow0m731.jpg

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Guess the pinball part.... good luck lol. I'll post the answer when it's mounted.
Attachments
guess.JPG

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

switch bracket yes. Not for a leaf switch though. you're getting warm.

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Clue #2
Attachments
FAF73E88-01F5-472A-B9CD-60E5B6D960F4.jpeg

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Winner winner chicken dinner!

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Re: *3D printed parts thread*

Post by necro_nemesis »

I have a handful of parts to make a few of these (5). Let me know if there’s interest and I’ll figure out a price and post them in classifieds. Clips on the ramp, wires drop through hole and includes crimp splice spade connectors as shown. Yellow led lights with slot machine and internal red led glows with GI. Diodes required are there. The wires are virtually invisible when installed as viewed by player/spectator view angles.
Attachments
8A9F6C6E-AF8D-4EF0-B10A-04E640B13E86.jpeg
E3A0757B-67E3-4DB6-AE25-ED18FF5B3F7A.jpeg
35EF3B52-ECE2-418F-A55A-04D90FED654E.jpeg
F1D0B865-BEC8-4F94-9B17-0D8B0634AB7F.jpeg
E843ED65-8A2A-4438-A1A6-838F83992C23.jpeg
EC620977-4AA4-49A5-8E2C-7F5288F0BAF2.jpeg
BEF42E1D-5670-4CE8-BA2D-A965FE2E17FA.jpeg

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Attachments
cradle.JPG

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

Fantastic thread!

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Slightly different. Pinball Logos added to the back. Base modified to print without support material.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4078698
Attachments
pinball cradle.JPG

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Someone made me this shooter housing for a 1934 machine. Entire shooter mech was missing, so got the housing 3d printed and used reproduction Rockola parts from Buckwerx for the shooter and springs. Perfect fit.
Attachments
20200103_221938.jpg
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Fifty »

cait001 wrote:Someone made me this shooter housing for a 1934 machine. Entire shooter mech was missing, so got the housing 3d printed and used reproduction Rockola parts from Buckwerx for the shooter and springs. Perfect fit.
Wow! It looks great Cait!

Mindstorm88
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Mindstorm88 »

Chnillapoil wrote:Today I decided to pimp my printer for stand alone mode...
IMG_1276.JPGIMG_1275.JPG
me semble j ai deja vu ca quelques part :D :D

eh97ac
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by eh97ac »

Printed parts arrived and fit like a glove.
IMG_20200109_145216.jpg
IMG_20200109_145222.jpg
IMG_20200109_145238.jpg

eh97ac
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by eh97ac »

Thanks again for the great pieces. I am going to be doing a FP playfield swap and these will just be one of the nice touches I'll be adding.

AMX
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by AMX »

Chnillapoil wrote:Quanrantine project056D9E40-368A-41A3-8C93-70BDA3833F75.jpeg
Ça c'est vraiment cooool!!!
Pinball
Pinball Owners.com/amx1
Jukebox
Seeburg DS, Seeburg AY, Seeburg 222, RockOla 418, AMI E-80
Video
Star Wars + ESB, 1942, 1943, Striker 1945, Arkanoid, Arkanoid Revenge Of Doh, Spy Hunter, Aero Fighters
Arcade
Chicago Coin TV Baseball, Midway Haunted House, Chicago Coin Varsity, United Line Up, United Sure Fire, Bally ABC Tournament

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Fifty »

Chnillapoil wrote:Quanrantine project056D9E40-368A-41A3-8C93-70BDA3833F75.jpeg
Thank looks fricken sweet!

ballyhoo
MAACA Valued Contributor
Been liked: 4 times

Post by ballyhoo »

Vraiment Nice! Il ne reste qu'a lui mettre une couche de peinture chrome et hop! Il va troner sur mon ampli de guitare de Heavy Metal Meltdown.
Beau travail mon ami!!!
Cyclone - Black Knight Sword of Rage - Heavy Metal Meltdown - Nitro Ground Shaker - Pinbot - Venom - Pinball Pool - Bride of Pinbot - TAXI - NARC(mame) - Sega Mini Turbo - Sega Mini Monaco GP - Robotron - Warlords (cocktail)

"L'ennui en ce monde est que les imbéciles sont sûr d'eux et les gens sensés pleins de doutes"