Restoration/upgrades/fixes/fabrication of pins and vids
Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: Shop Log: 1980 Bally Skateball

Post by Guard »

I hate all you folks that can do this stuff.... :oops:
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

tinyrodent
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by tinyrodent »

Guard wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:21 am I hate all you folks that can do this stuff.... :oops:
I'm sure you're not too old to learn some new tricks! :D
Playing: Stern Stars, Stranger Things
http://www.pinballowners.com/tinyrodent

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Guard »

I'm a senior citizen now....apparently I'm dumbing down...
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

tinyrodent
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by tinyrodent »

Skateball prepares to leave for its new home. I usually prefer to remove the head of classic games, but this one is much easier to just fold.
folded.jpg
Bye!
bye.jpg
I setup the game in Craig's garage and already there are problems! :lol: One of the targets is jumping up, that wasn't here; something moved a little in transport, or slightly different angle of setup, whatever. I know how to fix it but didn't have the materials handy. And one of the EOS switches had to be cleaned again.

This won't be the last post, there will be some video in the near future, and probably some occasional updates. But the story is mostly complete. Hope you enjoyed following. 8-)

tombiosis
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by tombiosis »

I very much enjoyed your shop log TR...
Thanks for putting in the time and effort to teach some of us the tricks to get/keep these engineering marvels in service!
The gremlins that appeared after transport are so frustrating! I hate when you buy a machine that works fine when play testing, only to have issues when it gets to its new home... hence the term “as is, where is”!
Pins: 8BDlx, Rush Pro, The Walking Dead Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Deadpool Pro, Tommy.
Gone but not forgotten: 6M$M, Fish Tales, Sorcerer, WPT, Elvis, Centaur II, Sure Shot, Firepower, Big Buck Hunter Pro, JP pro, EBD1984.

WTB: Fathom, TSPP, BSD, GOT.

Quit talking and start chalking!

tinyrodent
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by tinyrodent »

tombiosis wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:10 am I very much enjoyed your shop log TR...
Thanks for putting in the time and effort to teach some of us the tricks to get/keep these engineering marvels in service!
The gremlins that appeared after transport are so frustrating! I hate when you buy a machine that works fine when play testing, only to have issues when it gets to its new home... hence the term “as is, where is”!
Thanks Tom! Hopefully you'll get to play it soon! :D

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by World_of_Warships »

Guard wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:21 am I hate all you folks that can do this stuff.... :oops:
I was thinking the same thing, lol.