500 gigs of AWESOMENESS!!!

Talk about mame, post your mame project and/or virtual pins
UrbanBeard
MAACA New Contributor

Re: 500 gigs of AWESOMENESS!!!

Post by UrbanBeard »

Anyone in the Montreal area with the goods?

I'm offering the beer or whatever beverage you'd like!

raymnli
MAACA New Contributor

Post by raymnli »

Anyone in the Toronto area ? Sound great if I can get the 500 Gb image. Have been trying to build a MAME cabinet for a while and this will give me a great start

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

I would like to get in on this. Just started ordering parts for bartop I'm going to build. Would love to have this aspect taken care of.

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

I PM'd Battlezoneman about this but I haven't gotten a response. Anyone else in Ottawa has a copy of this setup and willing to share?

dnaman
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by dnaman »

Has this been evolving, maybe with VPX now etc...? Does anyone have this available in London? I can help out on this end.

Thanks,
~d

lazzlo
MAACA New Contributor

Post by lazzlo »

Anyone still willing to make a copy? I'm in the Midland ON area if that helps any.

I have lots of tables for VP8, VP9 Desktop & Fullscreen, and VPX, plus Backglasses to add to the collection, just not anything Hyperspin related for Visual Pinball.

the loafer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by the loafer »

Hi everyone. I'm in the Ottawa region and would love a copy of this drive if possible. It seems as I get older, I don't have the patience to set everything up anymore. You'd think I would be up to the challenge given I was one of the original testers on Hyperspin as well but nope, as my wife states I'm apparently lazy ;).

Anyway if anyone has the drive locally or in Montreal (I pop over at least once a month) it would be appreciated if I can borrow it or bring a drive for you to copy.

edit: Although I'm interested in this hyperspin drive I'm also open to anyone's "every system you can think of pre-configured front end with emulators and roms" setup. HyperSpin has flash but a clean fully setup front end of Mala, MameWah, GameEx (I have a license) or Maximus Arcade (I think I have a license) or any other decent front end driven setup equates to "awesome" to.

Battlezoneman
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Battlezoneman »

Fifty wrote:I PM'd Battlezoneman about this but I haven't gotten a response. Anyone else in Ottawa has a copy of this setup and willing to share?
Sorry, I haven't been too active on the site in a while.

Still have my copy and will make copies for the big price of free.

Just have to get me a drive and I will make a copy. Takes a an hour or two to copy (last time I did it) due to the size and amount of files. But not too bad.
Roadblasters Cockpit
Monaco GP Cockpit
Centipede Upright
Defender Upright
Missle Command Cabaret
Tons of game PCB's

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by necro_nemesis »

The community should just pool some resources and buy a $70 1tb ssd then mail it around for people to snag a copy from... that or just host it on a VPS for awhile. Contabo has hosting from 4 euro a month.
Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Battlezoneman
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Battlezoneman »

Still got my MAME setup available for copy for anyone that is interested.

Also got a huge dump of emulators and roms for most console and handheld systems (NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBC, Dreamcast, PS1, PC Engine, Atari systems, Sega systems, etc). Is another 355GB of stuff.

Together it comes out to ~600GB.

I also found a copy of a Hyperspin setup I thought I had gotten rid of. I never got the setup to work properly, though I didn't put too much into it either. That is another ~175GB.

Price is still the same as always. Either drop me off a drive or if you are far away and no one is around to make you a copy, you can mail me a drive and I can copy it.
Roadblasters Cockpit
Monaco GP Cockpit
Centipede Upright
Defender Upright
Missle Command Cabaret
Tons of game PCB's