CRT help needed!

Talk about mame, post your mame project and/or virtual pins
cheg
MAACA New Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

CRT help needed!

Post by cheg »

Ok MAME folks, I need your help please!

I d/l coinops Arcade final to rejuvenate my MAME cab and I also swapped PCs so that I could run Win10. I have onboard video but I also have a Nvidia Quadro 4000 card. I've got a Kortek KT-2914F monitor in the cab. It was working fine with the older computer but now I get the 'no signal detected, check signal cable' message on the monitor, probably due to the fact that the refresh rate is too high even though it says 50/60hz on the sticker. I researched a bit online and it seems there's this program called emudriver but it only refers to Radeon cards. How can I get the CRT to be recognized?

Thanks, your help is very much appreciated!
:( Past:
  • Pro-Football, Phoenix, High Speed, Black Knight, Demolition Man, Rocky & Bullwinkle
:) Present:
  • Sparky's Custom Ultra Mame

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Re: CRT help needed!

Post by Mrhide »

The 60HZ is the vertical refresh rate, which is pretty much the same for everything.
What is important here is the horizontal refresh, which most older CRT are 15hz.
Computer "vga" is 31hz @ 640x480 so that's why the screen says "no signal" because your output is out of spec for it.
The emudriver allows 15hz output but it's for ATI cards. They are so cheap you should check emudriver's supported list and get one of the top cards in there.

Now looking at your monitor's specifications, it appears to go from 15hz to 40hz autoswitching ( nice!) which is sgva @ 800x600.

so what resolution are you trying to output? make sure it's 800x600 or lower at all times.
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

cheg
MAACA New Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Re: CRT help needed!

Post by cheg »

Mrhide wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:25 pm The 60HZ is the vertical refresh rate, which is pretty much the same for everything.
What is important here is the horizontal refresh, which most older CRT are 15hz.
Computer "vga" is 31hz @ 640x480 so that's why the screen says "no signal" because your output is out of spec for it.
The emudriver allows 15hz output but it's for ATI cards. They are so cheap you should check emudriver's supported list and get one of the top cards in there.

Now looking at your monitor's specifications, it appears to go from 15hz to 40hz autoswitching ( nice!) which is sgva @ 800x600.

so what resolution are you trying to output? make sure it's 800x600 or lower at all times.
Hi!

I have it set at 640x480 at 59mhz. I tried 800 at different mhz but I couldn't find one that completely filled the screen. I sort of managed to get the screen up by plugging the crt in as a second monitor and mirroring the main screen on both but every time I disconnect the LCD the image goes blank on the CRT!
:( Past:
  • Pro-Football, Phoenix, High Speed, Black Knight, Demolition Man, Rocky & Bullwinkle
:) Present:
  • Sparky's Custom Ultra Mame