Ottawa Montreal Pinball Museum

Commercial arcade venues available for playing at
SoapyMule
MAACA Buck
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Ottawa Montreal Pinball Museum

Post by SoapyMule »

What's the story on this? Any updates for the summer? Looked quiet when I drove by last week.

Turd Ferguson
MAACA OG
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Turd Ferguson »

SoapyMule wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:36 am
What's the story on this? Any updates for the summer? Looked quiet when I drove by last week.
I can chime in as I have been there many times. Looks can be deceiving.

MANY renovations are being done inside. As of right now, the back area (which had the kitchen and was in very bad shape) is freshly rebuilt with new roof, insulation, sheetrock, paint and electrical.

Yes, some things have slowed down due to other projects and general work, but it is happening.

SoapyMule
MAACA Buck
Been liked: 1 time

Post by SoapyMule »

Right on! Thanks for the update. I can only imagine it's no small task to work on a building that old. Looking forward to making it a regular stopover on my way to Ottawa.

Mike@PinballMedics
MAACA QuarterPounder
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Mike@PinballMedics »

We have been extremely busy working on all the required remediation, restoration, and renovation required throughout the Pandemic, and though the restrictions have limited our ability to accept outside assistance for much of the last year and a half, we had a couple of good friends help us when possible, and the job got done. The final touches will be completed by mid July on the interior.

Due to Covid restrictions in Ontario, we have yet to determine an exact opening date, but we are aiming for early September based on current trends, at the same time we re-open the Ottawa Pinball Arcade and adjoining Neighbourhood Pub, both freshly renovated as well.

After a three week hiatus to open up the Montreal Pinball Medics storefront, which is now open and almost fully equipped (because we weren't busy enough :FP:), we will be focusing on ramping up towards some sort of soft opening of the Museum in August, featuring as much of an outdoor experience as possible, while still allowing tours of the indoor facility based on current Public Health guidelines and protocols.

We have amassed ridiculous amounts of old arcade gear from a couple of old operators in the last year, including Pinball Machines, Video Games, Pitch and Bats, Countertop games, and more old spare parts than we could ever use, and are planning an August swap meet, where we will open the boneyard for parts scavenging, project machines, and miscellaneous barn finds with varying degrees of Arcade Patina, from some wear, to barely recognizable as arcade gear...

With Acres of land, Everyone will be welcome to bring items to sell or trade, and help us usher in the new era of Canadian Pinball Culture that is on the cusp of becoming Our new realty.

We are planning a BBQ, and outdoor arcade, and a tournament if restrictions allow at that time, which we anticipate they will.

Here are some pics of the current state of repairs;
Screenshot (153).png
Screenshot (152).png
Screenshot (151).png
Screenshot (150).png
Screenshot (138).png
Last edited by Mike@PinballMedics on Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PINBALL SALES with Warranty & Delivery in Ottawa or Montreal, and all points in between. Shipping available across Canada.

EXPERT PINBALL REPAIR for all brands. Specializing in difficult to solve problems with Advanced Troubleshooting requiring a deep knowledge of all interrelated systems from early Solid State, Alpha-Numeric, DMD, and Modern LCD era. Games can be dropped off in Ottawa or Montreal by appointment. Call ahead and bring it to our main repair & production facility at 923 Av Girouard in Montreal, near Sherbrooke & Decarie. We can usually fix it while you wait.

BOARD REPAIR for all brands.

PINBALL PARTS via Canada Post. In stock, ready to ship.
Or Pre-Order for Free Pickup in Ottawa, Alfred, or Montreal.
Full Inventory Available in Ottawa Mon - Fri from 9am - 10pm, and weekends from 2pm - 10pm.
Basic parts are available in Montreal (call ahead), and anything ordered in advance can be picked up week days in Montreal by appointment, or Saturdays in Alfred at no charge.

THE OTTAWA PINBALL ARCADE - 2559 Baseline Rd featuring 30+ Pinball Machines & several Classic Video Games.

LA PETITE BOITE KARAOKE & SPECTACLES - 2001 Bd Rosemont, Montréal featuring 8- 10 Classic Pinball Machines

THE OTTAWA MONTREAL PINBALL MUSEUM Coming Soon!

https://www.pinballmedics.ca
https://ottawapinballarcade.ca

Mike@PinballMedics
MAACA QuarterPounder

*WARNING* The following images graphically depict Biblical Extinction Level damage to original arcade gear, and may be disturbing to sensitive Pinball and Arcade lovers. Viewer discretion is advised.

This is a small sample of some of the contents of the boneyard;

Screenshot (139).png
Screenshot (140).png
Screenshot (141).png
Screenshot (142).png
Screenshot (144).png
Screenshot (145).png
Screenshot (146).png
Screenshot (147).png
Screenshot (148).png
PINBALL SALES with Warranty & Delivery in Ottawa or Montreal, and all points in between. Shipping available across Canada.

EXPERT PINBALL REPAIR for all brands. Specializing in difficult to solve problems with Advanced Troubleshooting requiring a deep knowledge of all interrelated systems from early Solid State, Alpha-Numeric, DMD, and Modern LCD era. Games can be dropped off in Ottawa or Montreal by appointment. Call ahead and bring it to our main repair & production facility at 923 Av Girouard in Montreal, near Sherbrooke & Decarie. We can usually fix it while you wait.

Full Inventory Available in Ottawa Mon - Fri from 9am - 10pm, and weekends from 2pm - 10pm.
Basic parts are available in Montreal (call ahead), and anything ordered in advance can be picked up week days in Montreal by appointment, or Saturdays in Alfred at no charge.

THE OTTAWA PINBALL ARCADE - 2559 Baseline Rd featuring 30+ Pinball Machines & several Classic Video Games.

LA PETITE BOITE KARAOKE & SPECTACLES - 2001 Bd Rosemont, Montréal featuring 8- 10 Classic Pinball Machines

semicolin
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 157 times

Post by semicolin »

Might want to toss some air freshener trees in some of those last few games!

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth
Has liked: 217 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Fifty »

semicolin wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:27 pm
Might want to toss some air freshener trees in some of those last few games!
And some mothballs. ;)

steamfitter
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by steamfitter »

I went for a visit yesterday at the museum to lend a hand setting up games . With more DMD titles at the arcade ,the overflow is coming here .
Attachments
20220409_091524.jpg
20220409_091544.jpg
20220409_091600.jpg
20220409_091623.jpg
20220409_091645.jpg
Pins: Black Hole , Lightning , Flash Gordon , Firepower , Jacks to Open,
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

tom_454
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 23 times

Post by tom_454 »

So when does it open?
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth

Post by Fifty »

Those hanging lamps are one of the most hideous things I've ever seen.

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by Mrhide »

...that carpet ain't too shabby either!
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 140 times

Post by cait001 »

When I see giant rooms filled with pinball machines I too focus on the lamps and carpeting :lol:

Bell Ringer! Spectrum!! Devil's Dare!
playfield wanted: Dolly Parton
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Mike@PinballMedics
MAACA QuarterPounder

steamfitter wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:03 am
I went for a visit yesterday at the museum to lend a hand setting up games . With more DMD titles at the arcade ,the overflow is coming here .
Thanks again Denis, you guys have been a huge help from day one, we wouldn't be this close without you!
tom_454 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:18 am
So when does it open?
We should be ready for a soft open in roughly a month, and will likely start opening every Saturday soon thereafter. Renovations were put on hold almost a year ago as there was no way to open with the ongoing pandemic and related restrictions, and we had been pouring time and money into the building for two years with no hope of any return, along with the Arcade being closed, necessitating a focus on our online sales and service to adapt to our altered reality and keep the lights on until we could open.

Now that things are opening up, we are once again in the process of completing the last few repairs, and will have a large outdoor and 5000 square foot basement boneyard sale of parts, projects, and complete Pinball Machines and Video Games in various states and conditions for sale, and a few dozen classic games to play, including many faves from the Ottawa Pinball Arcade, which is now focused on DMD's and new games, with a Classic Arcade Video Game collection coming to the adjoining unit.

The Museum now has the Torch, representing the Golden Era and my personal childhood Fantasy Arcade, to take it to the next level as a complete Experience.
Fifty wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:50 am
Mrhide wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:18 am
...that carpet ain't too shabby either!
The lights will be replaced with period correct chandeliers closer to the ceiling when we complete the permanent wiring and sound system installation on that side, but the carpets and all the original decor will definitely be staying.

That was the point of buying a building that was mothballed in 1980, we don't need to decorate the place to "look" like the 70's; It is the 70's.

Like the smell when opening an old EM pinball machine, it immediately invokes dormant memories of our past. The decor, combined with games exclusively from the same era, makes for some powerful Talismanic Magick.

Personally, this building, the only Restaurant in Alfred, and the halfway point on the main Highway to Montreal before the 417 was built, was the actual restaurant we would stop at for Pizza when visiting my Uncles and Grandparents in La Belle Province in the late 60's, where I had access to their Pinball collection as a 3 year old balancing on a milk crate, which will always be associated with my earliest memories of Family and Pinball.

Fate had it that my future partner Rob at Pinball Medics would see the same vision and buy the place before I knew him.

I Love this place just the way it was and is.
cait001 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:13 am
When I see giant rooms filled with pinball machines I too focus on the lamps and carpeting :lol:

Bell Ringer! Spectrum!! Devil's Dare!
It all comes together as a cohesive sensory experience, which is very much the intention.

Seeing, hearing, smelling, touching, and feeling the whole "Vibe" of what citizens of Western Civilizations experienced in that Time Space.

We are planning events devoid of cell phones, or any electronics newer than the early 1980's, with period Clothing, Music, Food & Drink, Classic Cars, and Live Bands.

Can't wait to get back where I come from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxHoLtrGNCA

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth

Post by Fifty »

There is retro-cool 70's-80's decor that ages well, and then there is decor that was just nasty even when it first rolled off the production line. :)

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by mrmikeman »

There are people that will help with their time and/or money to get projects such as this going. And there are those who will contribute nothing but will armchair quarterback and gladly complain that things aren't the way they'd like.

Just be happy we have a place that'll open up soon where we can go play lots of pins.
PINS:
Jurassic Park LE (#449) - Pinstadiums, Stern topper & amber shooter, mods: Lior Trex skin, signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, goat, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE (#612) - mods: Gouveia Witch 2.0, tornado, castle, crystal ball, lit emerald city, ramp sign, Munchkin huts, lit drop target, hot air balloon lighting, pinblades
Stern Star Trek Pro - Stern Enterprise, pinblades, laser cut Enterprise side armor
Star Wars Prem - Stern Topper, Shaker, HD Glass, Mods: Mirror Blades, Star Destroyer, Imperial Probe, X-Wing, speaker upgrade, SW Armor (Yoda) - Out on play trade
Twilight Zone - In on play trade
Lord of the Rings - ColorDMD, Pinsound board, speakers, and headphone station, Shaker. Mods: Laser cut armor, LED backglass panel lighting
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board, speakers, and shaker, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD, pinduino lighting on ramps and borg ship

Pins on order:
Weird Al LE
Cactus Canyon

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC / XBOX 1X

MINI-VIDS(Replicade 1/6 scale):
Dragon's Lair, Asteroids, 1942, 1943, Q-Bert, Missile Command, Space Ace

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke

Gone but not forgotten
So many... MMrRE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

World_of_Warships
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by World_of_Warships »

Amongst many other titles I'm seeing on those pics, can't wait to play a real Zaxxon! That joystick looks like the thing I need to help improve on my scores :-)

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

Big House, Coney Island, Mars God Of War, James Bond, 2 Frontiers... Nice
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth

Post by Fifty »

mrmikeman wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:30 pm
There are people that will help with their time and/or money to get projects such as this going. And there are those who will contribute nothing but will armchair quarterback and gladly complain that things aren't the way they'd like.

Just be happy we have a place that'll open up soon where we can go play lots of pins.
I simply pointed out the lights were hideous and nothing more. You're overreacting to a simple comment, so get a sense of humour already. Saying I'm armchair quarterbacking while you sit behind a keyboard and type out your reply is simply hilarious.

semicolin
MAACA Millennial

Post by semicolin »

Fifty wrote:
Denis knows that if he goes anywhere near those lights I'm calling the Ministry of Labour on his ass. I'll be calling his union, my union, the steward, the foreman, the white hats, the black hats, the minister, the inspectors, the cops, the mall cops, the motorcycle cops, the bicycle cops, the CIA, the FBI, the Commissionaires, I'll be calling the airport tower at YOW, YYZ... GET YOUR HANDS OFF OUR WORK YOU GREASY STEAMFITTER!!!

steamfitter
MAACA Millennial

Post by steamfitter »

semicolin wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:15 pm
Fifty wrote:
Denis knows that if he goes anywhere near those lights I'm calling the Ministry of Labour on his ass. I'll be calling his union, my union, the steward, the foreman, the white hats, the black hats, the minister, the inspectors, the cops, the mall cops, the motorcycle cops, the bicycle cops, the CIA, the FBI, the Commissionaires, I'll be calling the airport tower at YOW, YYZ... GET YOUR HANDS OFF OUR WORK YOU GREASY STEAMFITTER!!!
Not for me
I'd start by shutting off the water :FP:

semicolin
MAACA Millennial

Post by semicolin »

I'm watching you!
Attachments
15103220.gif

steamfitter
MAACA Millennial

Post by steamfitter »

:lol
Attachments
download mario.jpg

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

steamfitter wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:09 am
:lol
Take the L Colin, there's no coming back when someone drops a rare Albano Mario on ya! :lol:

Blackghost4
MAACA QuarterPounder
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by Blackghost4 »

Get ready folks. The museum will be opening soon. Keep you posted.
Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man (1980), Gottlieb Bad Girls (1988), Gottlieb Striker (1982), Gottlieb Robo-War (1988), Gottlieb Incredible Hulk (1979), Gottlieb Deadly Weapon (1990), Gottlieb Class of 1812 (1991), Gottlieb Counterforce (1980), Gottlieb Sinbad (1978), Gottlieb Buccaneer (1976), Gottlieb Pro Football (1973)
Projects: Williams Hayburners II (1968) Fascination Circa 1933 (1979 cocktail pinball), Bally Future Spa (1979),Gottlieb Big Shot (1974), Gottlieb Fun Land (1968), Gottlieb Dancing Dolls (1960)

Gone: Williams F-14 Tomcat, Gottlieb Operation Thunder, Williams Expo, Williams Lucky Ace, Gottlieb Buck Rogers, Gottlieb Swing Along, Gottlieb Genesis, Gottlieb Force II, Gottlieb Card Whiz, Gottlieb Sinbad

http://www.pinballowners.com/blackghost4

Return to “Places to play”