New Aerosmith in Ottawa

Commercial arcade venues available for playing at
Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

New Aerosmith in Ottawa

Postby Chris Silver » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:06 am

10Fourteen

I confirmed a rumour this morning of the new Aerosmith on location in Ottawa. I no sooner sent an email and promptly received a reply from the owner. Everything sounds interesting about this place when you check out their website.

I have not been there yet but if somebody will check it out for me and let me know what types of beer they have it would be greatly appreciated. I'm always looking for a good excuse to come to Ottawa.

Website quote

10Fourteen is not just a bar: it’s your bar – nestled in the sociable neighbourhood of Hintonburg, we specialize in expertly crafted cocktails, pouring pints of carefully selected beer, and sharing with you our passion for wine. Alongside our drink menus and specials, you can explore our tasty bar bites and a constantly changing charcuterie selection.

10Fourteen
1014 Wellington St. West (at Fairmont)
Phone: Phone: (613) 422-8610
E-mail: E-mail: info@10fourteenbar.com

http://www.10fourteenbar.com/
Attachments
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip
WTB: Punk!, Black Knight, Spirit, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

semicolin
MAACA Barbarian

Re: New Aerosmith in Ottawa

Postby semicolin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:53 pm

I've been (sans pinball) and they have great snacks and classy drinks. Not a cheap place, but well worth a visit or two. Or ten.
Sharing my space with: Stern Meteor, Gottlieb Tag Team, Interflip Dragon, Bally Centaur II, Street Fighter cab w/Premium 8
Wanted: Widebody cocktail cabinet, ≥ 36", Bally Elektra, Williams Rollergames

ShootAgain
MAACA Barbarian

Postby ShootAgain » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:51 pm

semicolin wrote:I've been (sans pinball) and they have great snacks and classy drinks. Not a cheap place, but well worth a visit or two. Or ten.

...and ..how was Aerosmith?
It's only Pinball! Carry on, BUCKO!

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:16 pm

I can't wait to check it out!
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), GTB Sure Shot, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series, 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1934 Bally Signal Sr (lent), 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

MCS
MAACA Collaborator

Postby MCS » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:36 pm

It's on my way home from work, so I stopped in today. Plays well! And replay is set to only 30 million or so. ;)

Currently on tap: Ashton Brewing Company Amber, Waupoos Cider, Kichessippi Heller Highwater, Collective Arts Ransack the Universe

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:13 pm

MCS wrote:It's on my way home from work, so I stopped in today. Plays well! And replay is set to only 30 million or so. ;)

Currently on tap: Ashton Brewing Company Amber, Waupoos Cider, Kichessippi Heller Highwater, Collective Arts Ransack the Universe

Thanks for the recon report. ;)

ABC makes a fantastic brown ale. There's a couple others on the list I need to try.

It sounds like a nice place. Is there any particular kind of dress code you noticed?
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip
WTB: Punk!, Black Knight, Spirit, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

semicolin
MAACA Barbarian

Postby semicolin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Oh jesus no, it's hipster-ville, As long as you have a man-bun and your lenseless spectacles, they don't care if you walk in wearing a loincloth.
Sharing my space with: Stern Meteor, Gottlieb Tag Team, Interflip Dragon, Bally Centaur II, Street Fighter cab w/Premium 8

Honey Badger
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Honey Badger » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:39 am

Sweet!
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

Pindude152
MAACA Barbarian

Postby Pindude152 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:10 pm

Sounds too fancy for me
"It's heavy. What is it? ... The, uh, stuff dreams are made of"
-The Maltese Falcon

"Every ball for me's another game.For you this always looks the same [...]
I know for you this doesn't look a lot. For me this is the only thing I got"
-Yello - Pinball Cha Cha

"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life"
-Homer Simpson

Wanted: Bally 20 hole Bingo machine: Orient, London, Safari, Super 7, Bonus 7 or Hawaii.
Bally: Gator, Mad World
Williams: Pot 'O' gold
Rally Play Company of Nice France: Any Flip Tronic(s) era machine produced between 1966 and 1969

http://pindude152.blogspot.ca/
http://www.pinballowners.com/pindude152

semicolin
MAACA Barbarian

Postby semicolin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:17 pm

It's definitely not fancy in that way. It's fancy for people that just got their student loan money and want to spend it on glasses of whiskey with "sculptural ice" or a pint of local microbrew. So it's no Cage au Sports, but it's not a candidate for a Michelin star, either.

Pindude152
MAACA Barbarian

Postby Pindude152 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:24 pm

semicolin wrote:It's definitely not fancy in that way. It's fancy for people that just got their student loan money and want to spend it on glasses of whiskey with "sculptural ice" or a pint of local microbrew. So it's no Cage au Sports, but it's not a candidate for a Michelin star, either.

Cant stand that crowd. Hedonistic apathetic wankers.
With my recent travels I realised I rather be in my basement, hanging out with other pinheads.
"It's heavy. What is it? ... The, uh, stuff dreams are made of"
-The Maltese Falcon

"Every ball for me's another game.For you this always looks the same [...]
I know for you this doesn't look a lot. For me this is the only thing I got"
-Yello - Pinball Cha Cha

"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life"
-Homer Simpson

Wanted: Bally 20 hole Bingo machine: Orient, London, Safari, Super 7, Bonus 7 or Hawaii.
Bally: Gator, Mad World
Williams: Pot 'O' gold
Rally Play Company of Nice France: Any Flip Tronic(s) era machine produced between 1966 and 1969

http://pindude152.blogspot.ca/
http://www.pinballowners.com/pindude152

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:30 pm

I went there tonight and the atmosphere was super chill, guy with a guitar on stage singing the rock classics of the 90s, as they all tend to do, and the food and drinks were great.
Aerosmith was awesome. Love the bar menu, much great food at very affordable prices. Most expensive thing was like $8. Tried the mac and cheese (yum) and the pizza pockets (also yum)
would recommend.
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), GTB Sure Shot, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series, 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1934 Bally Signal Sr (lent), 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko

DrDude
MAACA Mage

Postby DrDude » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:11 am

MCS wrote:It's on my way home from work, so I stopped in today. Plays well! And replay is set to only 30 million or so. ;)

ABC is of course a great local brewery (from the Ashton Pub), and their beers will appeal to the less-adventurous. The Heller Highwater is a great, flavourful wheat-style, and the Ransack the Universe is a fantastic, strong, hoppy Belgian-style ale (and you don't see it on tap that often). Not a bad selection for only 3 beers.
Grant Goodes
Stern: Meteor, Nineball, Seawitch, Lightning, Cheetah
Bally: Fathom x 2, Centaur
Gottlieb: Black Hole
Wanted: Catacomb, Solar Fire, Balls-a-Poppin Seawitch backglass
Lust-worthy: Funhouse, Skateball, Capersville

tom_454
MAACA Barbarian

Postby tom_454 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:19 pm

semicolin wrote:Oh jesus no, it's hipster-ville, As long as you have a man-bun and your lenseless spectacles, they don't care if you walk in wearing a loincloth.

Actually, it's a pretty decent place for a pint. Despite the gentrification, I am not sure how Hintonburg has become Hipster-ville. Sure they are trying to create a different atmosphere than a typical Irish pub (restaurants need a catch with Ottawa having so many) - I guess it is the pinball machine that makes it hip because we all know how hip pinball is. The people that I go there with (it's close to work) - go there for the beer and awesome picky plates (and to play pinball) - usually after we have had a few pints at the Royal Oak just down the street.

I you like beer, good food, decent music, small-scale atmosphere and a venue with a single pin then go for a visit.

Aren't hipsters just what hippies used to be when I was young? I liked hippies so I guess hipsters must be ok too.

Now go play some Aerosmith Colin and don't forget that man-bun - it's the Mullet of today.
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

RedFive
MAACA Mage

Postby RedFive » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:09 pm

tom_454 wrote:
If you like beer, good food, decent music, small-scale atmosphere and a venue with a single pin then go for a visit.

What he said!

I did not know this place existed, but wanted to try Aerosmith. We will go back. We liked the atmosphere, the beer, the music (and the noise level) in the pub was low enough that we could hear the pin. And the food: double wow -> taste good, and not expensive. We had mac and cheese (had to try it, because cait said it was good), the artichoke dip, and the nacho (with pulled pork and home made salsa). All were very good. And the staff was nice.

Oh, and i guess i should get it while I can (I know it won't last):

aerosmith.jpg
Yeah for me!

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Next time I go I am trying a charcuterie platter.

And I swear they have room for 2. Everyone please suggest they buy the new Star Wars to go with Aerosmith...

semicolin
MAACA Barbarian

Postby semicolin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:59 pm

Hey I'm not knocking the place. I've been a couple of times even when they *didn't* have pinball. I'm just negging on the neighbourhood plaidsters. BECAUSE I CAN.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:10 pm

semicolin wrote:Hey I'm not knocking the place. I've been a couple of times even when they *didn't* have pinball. I'm just negging on the neighbourhood plaidsters. BECAUSE I CAN.

shut up and eat your fancy mac n cheese.

semicolin
MAACA Barbarian

Postby semicolin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:52 pm

OM NOM NOM

Return to “Places to play”