Canadian Public Arcade Tracker

Commercial arcade venues available for playing at
ThornyThumbz
MAACA New Contributor

Canadian Public Arcade Tracker

Post by ThornyThumbz »

I have created this document to keep on track the locations throughout Canada where arcade games and pinball machines, old and new, are plentiful. Back in the 80's and 90's there was never a shortage of arcades, and there were great locations to visit such as Funland in Toronto (no longer exists as of 2008). But these days, old arcades are slowly dying out in favour of home consoles and computers, and the number of video arcade locations in Canada are diminishing, yet the only way to survive in the amusement business is to have "redemption games." My point is we need more places in Canada dedicating traditional video arcades.

You are encouraged to update this document. Any contribution to this spreadsheet is well accepted.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Re: Canadian Public Arcade Tracker

Post by R.A.B. »

May I add that the above link is a great tool & hopefully will develop into a great resource with our help.

The next generation of operators are by the sheer force of a new context a precarious breed of their own. Lest we forget that the road remains the road, and that it is full of surprises via the memories,stories & experiences of the past generations of operators. They still somehow hold in reserve a path for the ones that are now operating in this new age. They (the past generations of tough guys) were where the rubber meets the pavement and I fear that this new generation is more prone to the rubber meeting the air. It will be fun to see what happens in the next decade or so, and I will be happy to watch what comes down this proverbial road.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

ThornyThumbz
MAACA New Contributor

Post by ThornyThumbz »

Thanks for your feedback, but keep in mind that this is just a list I made to keep up to date on arcade locations. Yeah, I know it's just getting started, but it's only a matter of time.

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

This document is useful because it plans to track arcade games.
For pinball machines, it might be a better idea to update the existing Canadian Pinball Tracker document.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10172&p=195617&hil ... er#p166925
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

ThornyThumbz
MAACA New Contributor

Post by ThornyThumbz »

I understand that, but it isn't just pinball machines that I'm concerned about. It's actually the number of arcade locations.