Epic Gaming in St. Catharines, Ontario

Commercial arcade venues available for playing at
ThornyThumbz
MAACA New Contributor

Epic Gaming in St. Catharines, Ontario

Post by ThornyThumbz »

This place just opened last year, but it just started off with golf simulators, laser tag, and a Balladium. Their site and signs say that was also going to be an arcade there. I asked the owner when they were going to get that in, and he said around mid-April or May. They actually did get a few redemption games in (I think it was around June) but nothing that interests me. When I came back in December, this was what I found: a bunch of old arcade games - some working, some not.
Attachments
DSCN1290.JPG
Please note that the newer games operate with a card swipe system, while the older games operate traditionally on quarters.
Please note that the newer games operate with a card swipe system, while the older games operate traditionally on quarters.
DSCN1237.JPG
DSCN1239.JPG
Left to right: Jr. Pac-Man, Rolling Thunder, The Real Ghostbusters, Space Invaders, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Pac-Man, Road Blasters, Pengo, Congo Bongo, Vs. Castlevania.
Left to right: Jr. Pac-Man, Rolling Thunder, The Real Ghostbusters, Space Invaders, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Pac-Man, Road Blasters, Pengo, Congo Bongo, Vs. Castlevania.
The Real Ghostbusters has some issues with the graphics.
The Real Ghostbusters has some issues with the graphics.
Space Invaders apparently doesn't work, and that Galaga cabinet acutally has a Multicade running in there.
Space Invaders apparently doesn't work, and that Galaga cabinet acutally has a Multicade running in there.
DSCN1247.JPG
DSCN1249.JPG
Vs. Castlevania appears to be running in a Donkey Kong cabinet. This also doesn't unfortunately - it simply won't accept quarters.
Vs. Castlevania appears to be running in a Donkey Kong cabinet. This also doesn't unfortunately - it simply won't accept quarters.
Last edited by ThornyThumbz on Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThornyThumbz
MAACA New Contributor

Re: Epic Gaming in St. Catharines, Ontario

Post by ThornyThumbz »

Here are some more photos.
Attachments
Left to right: Cybernaut, Asteroids, Joust, Robotron 2084, Tetris, 1943: The Battle of Midway, Street Fighter II
Left to right: Cybernaut, Asteroids, Joust, Robotron 2084, Tetris, 1943: The Battle of Midway, Street Fighter II
This Cybernaut pinball has a very sensitive tilt. You can easily lose a ball after launching it. Not worth your 25 cents.
This Cybernaut pinball has a very sensitive tilt. You can easily lose a ball after launching it. Not worth your 25 cents.
Asteroids has an issue with the Vector graphics, and Robotron 2084 appears to have a problem  with the system - doesn't work otherwise.
Asteroids has an issue with the Vector graphics, and Robotron 2084 appears to have a problem with the system - doesn't work otherwise.
The speakers on the Street Fighter II cabinet are not working.
The speakers on the Street Fighter II cabinet are not working.
DSCN1269.JPG
DSCN1273.JPG
DSCN1274.JPG
DSCN1280.JPG
This Pole Position cabinet is actually running Pole Position II.
This Pole Position cabinet is actually running Pole Position II.
DSCN1285.JPG

Hammerhead
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Hammerhead »

Are those Steve's games? The Jr. PacMan and Pole Position cockpit look familiar
I am François du Grimm, and I will get medieval on your derriere!

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

Nifty bunch of vids. Wish Epic Gaming were closer so my kids and I could give all the games all a shot. And check out the other entertainment.

But it looks like it's in a decent location, at QEW & Ontario St.: https://goo.gl/maps/uvnxo9QF8322

Thanks for posting the info and pics, ThornyThumbz!

http://www.epicgaming.ca

... and it looks like there's more games down the street: https://parkwaysocial.ca/play/arcade/

ThornyThumbz
MAACA New Contributor

Post by ThornyThumbz »

Here's a quick update from yesterday's trip to Epic Gaming. It appeared that most of the old games were removed. I asked the person who worked here why those games were gone, and she replied that they weren't working right or at all so they got rid of them. She also said they will be getting in more games as soon as they can find some that are working.
Attachments
002.JPG
003.JPG
Left to right: Cybernaut, Centipede, Street Fighter II, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Tetris, Galaga, 1943: The Battle of Midway, Road Blasters.
Left to right: Cybernaut, Centipede, Street Fighter II, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Tetris, Galaga, 1943: The Battle of Midway, Road Blasters.
Yeah, you can see that all the old games down in that area are gone.
Yeah, you can see that all the old games down in that area are gone.
The newest addition to this retro game area here is Punch-Out!!
The newest addition to this retro game area here is Punch-Out!!
I just gave that Cybernaut a test and it seems they've fixed the sensitive tilt, but upper left flipper still doesn't work (which I forgot to mention earlier).
I just gave that Cybernaut a test and it seems they've fixed the sensitive tilt, but upper left flipper still doesn't work (which I forgot to mention earlier).
I was wrong about the speakers not working about the Street Fighter cabinet. There actually was sound coming out of it.
I was wrong about the speakers not working about the Street Fighter cabinet. There actually was sound coming out of it.
The Galaga cabinet is the only machine here not operational at this time.
The Galaga cabinet is the only machine here not operational at this time.
018.JPG

novaguy
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 2 times

Post by novaguy »

OTTOgd wrote:Nifty bunch of vids. Wish Epic Gaming were closer so my kids and I could give all the games all a shot. And check out the other entertainment.

But it looks like it's in a decent location, at QEW & Ontario St.: https://goo.gl/maps/uvnxo9QF8322

Thanks for posting the info and pics, ThornyThumbz!

http://www.epicgaming.ca

... and it looks like there's more games down the street: https://parkwaysocial.ca/play/arcade/
Don't be such a tightwad and buy some gas.