Winter is coming

Talk about anything that you would like.
cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Winter is coming

Post by cait001 »

This might be one of most isolating winters in a long long time. What are you doing to prep for the long stay-at-home?

Any projects cued up?
Stockpiling on ICs and fuses?
Playfield swap calling you?
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Winter is coming

Post by Mrhide »

cait001 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:41 am
Playfield swap calling you?
No ! :D
LF: VewLix, GrooveCoaster + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

Honey Badger
MAACA Wacko

Post by Honey Badger »

I have been buying up machines so I don’t have to drive to get them in the winter and deal with the second wave of Covid. Plenty of new games to play now!
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

Murphelman
MAACA QuarterPounder
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Murphelman »

I want to tweak my lineup just a bit to prepare to lock ourselves up in the basement gameroom bunker for the winter as it looks like we may be headed for a long, lonely, and cold winter.
Own
Stern: Black Knight: SoR, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, Mustang, Jurassic Park, Game of Thrones
Bally/Williams:Twilight Zone, Demolition Man, IJTPA, Fish Tales, Jack*Bot, World cup Soccer
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Nothing
Bally: F14 Tomcat, Wizard!
Williams: none

Wishlist
Baywatch, Transformers, X-Men, Stern Star Trek, Paragon, GnR,
:mrgreen:

frosken
MAACA Silent Type

Post by frosken »

Well now that I have 2 working machines, I can take my time to try to get my 2 other shit-tard pins up and running, then try to do miracles on the playfield on one of them, and a cabinet replacement on the other.

I should finish by spring ...2024... :FP:

The biggest challenge right now is to empty the garage so that both cars fit in them for winter... now THAT is a major project by itself!

hmmm...maybe I should buy a container and paint it camo so that the City won't find out about it... :-?
+++++++++++++++++
Welcome to...Frosken Pinball!

Current working Pinball Machines: ONE...err...TWO!!! :rock :rock (Bally Black Jack SS, Capcom Flipper Football #2)
Current non-working Pinball Machines: 2...and these are MAJOR projects...more to come soon!
Current Arcade1UP Machines: Centipede, Final Fight (pending pickup), Street Fighter II

After a 8-year hiatus, I'm back in the hobby...but with a thinner wallet. :lol:

Wanted: The impossible... (i.e.: a 1990-2020 pinball machine priced like they were in 2005-2010...) :FP: :FP: :FP:

Gone but (mostly) not forgotten:
- Bally: Nitro Ground Shaker, City Slicker
- Bally/Williams: Black Rose, BS Dracula (x2), CFTBL, Dirty Harry, Getaway(HS2), Indy500, Judge Dredd, Shadow, Slugfest
- Capcom: Breakshot, Flipper Football
- Gottlieb: El Dorado, Big Shot
- Stern: Big Game, Cheetah, Meteor (x 1.5)
- Williams: Big Guns, F-14 Tomcat, Fire!
- Misc.: Hit The Ice non-dedicated, Hyper Olympics non-dedicated cocktail, Chexx Bubble Hockey

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth
Has liked: 18 times

Post by Fifty »

Now that I have my grail (thanks Jason), I've been working on making it mine. My primary focus has been on my beat up Surfer though. I was going to wait until next spring to refurb the cabinet (something I have always wanted to try) but I am thinking of adding heaters to my garage now and making this a winter project.

I still plan on taking the family out skiing though too.

steamfitter
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by steamfitter »

I'm going to try to finish unfinished projects :FP:

bally star trek
meteorites
space attack
bally black jack
ect... :FP:
Pins: Black Hole , Flash Gordon , Meteor , Star Trek
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , star trek , Black Jack , SEGA Space attack , meteorites

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

Honey Badger
MAACA Wacko

Post by Honey Badger »

Fifty wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:55 am
Now that I have my grail (thanks Jason), I've been working on making it mine. My primary focus has been on my beat up Surfer though. I was going to wait until next spring to refurb the cabinet (something I have always wanted to try) but I am thinking of adding heaters to my garage now and making this a winter project.

I still plan on taking the family out skiing though too.
Was happy to let her go to you sir. Enjoy!
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

World_of_Warships
MAACA QuarterPounder
Has liked: 4 times

Post by World_of_Warships »

I've acquired some tables this year, so I will 'lift the hood' and start to work on them, lol, as someone suggested if I had started doing. My goal is to make those games better/nicer, hopefully I won't screw things up! I have tons of reference material on MAACA, shop logs, etc. I'll get some specialized tools as well and organize one area of the basement into some sort of pinball & arcade shop.. the usual, like pretty much everyone in the hobby, right?!

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling
Been liked: 3 times

Post by semicolin »

Bought ham radio equipment

Sparky
MAACA OG
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Sparky »

My Big Lebowski....
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by mrmikeman »

Hopefully I will ginally have the spare time for the cabinet re-decaloing of Dr Who and shop job. Have new ramps and a pf protector from Germany to install too.
Current Lineup:

PINS:
Medieval Madness Royal Edition - Mods: Merlin, Troll lighting
Stern Jurassic Park LE - Pinstadiums, Stern topper, stern amber shooter, mods: signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE - Mods: Pinstadiums, witch, tornado, castle, crystal ball, emerald city, flaming pots, hot air balloon lighting
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Doctor Who - Alt Translite, moving Dalek, full LED, Pinsound & shaker, LED&GI OCD, ColorDMD
Revenge from Mars - Running custom v2.22 on original hardware, Mods: saucer LEDs, 6-ball trough, knocker, shaker

Looking for:
Stern SW Prem/LE
Willy Wonka
LOTR

JUKES
Rock-Ola 446 - Up and running. Listed on Kijiji/FB.
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel.

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

World_of_Warships
MAACA QuarterPounder

mrmikeman wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:39 pm
Hopefully I will ginally have the spare time for the cabinet re-decaloing of Dr Who and shop job. Have new ramps and a pf protector from Germany to install too.
I'd be interested in that redecal (loing?? Lol) job you want to start this winter. Thinking I wont always want to look at those damaged areas on Shadow. It first needs fixin' under the hood, thou!

World_of_Warships
MAACA QuarterPounder

I'd come over and watch, but it almost sounds dirty! Lol

Blackghost4
MAACA Buck
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Blackghost4 »

I still have a few pin projects to tackle this winter. A Sinbad, a Counterforce and a cocktail pin.
Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man (1980) Gottlieb Bad Girls (1988), Gottlieb Striker (1982) Gottlieb Robo-War (1988), Gottlieb Incredible Hulk (1979)
Projects: Williams Hayburners II (1968) Fascination Circa 1933 (1979 cocktail pinball) Gottlieb Sinbad (1978) Gottlieb Counterforce (1980)

Gone: Williams F-14 Tomcat, Gottlieb Operation Thunder, Williams Expo, Williams Lucky Ace, Gottlieb Buck Rogers, Gottlieb Swing Along, Gottlieb Genesis, Gottlieb Force II, Gottlieb Card Whiz

http://www.pinballowners.com/blackghost4

hyann
MAACA Motormouth

Post by hyann »

The same project I had for the last decade, my Taxi... almost a running gag now but this winter could be the one I finally play a game on it!

Still have a Super Soccer project... probably time to tweak the Spiderman and ice Fever a little but since I played 3 or 4 times a year it's not top priority.
http://www.pinballowners.com/hyann
Working on: Taxi PF restoration
In french: Blog sur machines, romans et jeux: http://machines-romans-jeux.blogspot.com

MPL 2009-2010 Iron Man and Royal Flush: Best effort awards
MPL 2010-2011 Gary stern trophy !

Pindude152
MAACA Half-ling

Post by Pindude152 »

Winter project... I might have outdone myself :FP:
It's called First Race, the manufacturer is unknown and so far there's absolutely no information about it on the interwebs.
Those who've had the opportunity to browse the back inventory at Alouette might recognize it. It's been sitting there for years...
It's a type of flipperless gambling pinball machine known as a "One Ball" or "Horse racing game".
One balls were popular from the mid 30's to early 50's. And yet, here's a Solid State One ball seemingly produced in the early 90's!

first race.jpg
More information on my blog

90's electronics aren't my forte. Definitely out of my comfort zone.
Wanted: Bally 20 hole Bingo machine: Orient, London, Safari, Super 7, Bonus 7 or Hawaii.
Bally: Mad World
Williams: Pot 'O' gold, Beat the clock
Rally Play Company of Nice France: Any Flip Tronic(s) era machine produced between 1966 and 1969

"It's heavy. What is it? ... The, uh, stuff dreams are made of"
-The Maltese Falcon

"Every ball for me's another game.For you this always looks the same [...]
I know for you this doesn't look a lot. For me this is the only thing I got"
-Yello - Pinball Cha Cha

"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life"
-Homer Simpson

http://pindude152.blogspot.ca/
http://www.pinballowners.com/pindude152

Too far gone... beyond time, space and pinball stages

sylvain
MAACA Wacko

Post by sylvain »

This First Race game is quite unique and different, bravo, amazing find!
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, Capersville or The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for over 35 years.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

such an epic find, though I have doubts any project could last you until winter. ;)
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Pindude152
MAACA Half-ling

Post by Pindude152 »

cait001 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:53 pm
such an epic find, though I have doubts any project could last you until winter. ;)
sylvain wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:58 pm
This First Race game is quite unique and different, bravo, amazing find!
Thank you Sylvain And Cait. I appreciate your approval and enthusiasm about this new project.
With no manual, no schematics and no information it might turn into a community effort to get the First Race playing again.
At least it's not completely dead. It does boot up and goes into attract mode. It coins up via coin switch. Beyond that there's serious investigating to be made and a few things to tidy up first.
Progress will be documented...
Wanted: Bally 20 hole Bingo machine: Orient, London, Safari, Super 7, Bonus 7 or Hawaii.
Bally: Mad World
Williams: Pot 'O' gold, Beat the clock
Rally Play Company of Nice France: Any Flip Tronic(s) era machine produced between 1966 and 1969

"It's heavy. What is it? ... The, uh, stuff dreams are made of"
-The Maltese Falcon

"Every ball for me's another game.For you this always looks the same [...]
I know for you this doesn't look a lot. For me this is the only thing I got"
-Yello - Pinball Cha Cha

"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life"
-Homer Simpson

http://pindude152.blogspot.ca/
http://www.pinballowners.com/pindude152

Too far gone... beyond time, space and pinball stages

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”