How often do You play?

Talk about anything that you would like.
Slacker
MAACA Valued Contributor

How often do You play?

Post by Slacker »

Ok I found an old Poll by "Marsupial" and the topic was how often do you use your games room. It was from 2010 and I think we can all agree that in the last 2 years the hobby has grown steady.
I know the TOPL has seen the numbers going up over the last year.
So I was just wondering all those members out there with a number of machines do you play them all at least once a day, a week, or month. I myself will try and at least turn one on everyday. If I have time to turn them all on and play at least one game on each one its a awesome day, my family members all have their Fav's so they always go give the flavor of the week all their time. I like them all I don't have a fav or I would only need one :lol: but some members have so many I can't see that happening. So do they only get a work out when you have company?
I must admit I am not that good so I turn them on play a game or two pull the glass adjust a switch or change a bulb play a few more games... I like to tinker with them, buy them fix them meet other people who like doing the same.
Let me know
Cheers
J..
Playing.... SST, Buccaneer, Bally PB, Data East PB, Stern PB, TFTC, ACDC Pro, Hook, EATPM
Gone. Magnotron, Bally Ticker Tape Bingo, Haunted House, Totem..... My Money and sanity

sensfreak
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: How often do You play?

Post by sensfreak »

I am in my games room on a daily basis. I play each game about once a week, more during hockey season. I play the games between periods.
Have:
CV, SST, TZ, MMR LE.

Looking For:
LOTR, TOM, and TOTAN.
http://www.pinballowners.com/sensfreak

Golden Graham
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Golden Graham »

sensfreak wrote:I am in my games room on a daily basis. I play each game about once a week, more during hockey season. I play the games between periods.
You must have a lot of time this off season.....one LONG between periods! :lol:
My Pins: EFTLW, JP, METLE #108, AC/DC Prem, MMRLE
Gone AND Missed: Congo, Fire!, CFTBL, POTO, SWDE, SS, IJ

Wanted: To trade my wife for more machines!

Honey Badger
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Honey Badger »

I play everyday for about an hour or 8
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

cyBORG
MAACA New Contributor

Post by cyBORG »

Daily!
BMP2DMD (archive of original site) : http://cyborgpinball.comoj.com

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

When I have to test a machine, and at the MPL once a month.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

tartagliag
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 7 times

Post by tartagliag »

I play on a daily basis, especially after a hard day at work....

tartagliag
please allow me to introduce myself...

Chris Bardon
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Chris Bardon »

Not as often as I might like. Most days I'll get at least one game in, and some days more, but it all depends on what else is going on. Definitely not all games all the time though-I'll tend to fixate on one game for a while. Lately, it's been X-Men and Twilight Zone (again), which means that I haven't really played most of the others much in the last few weeks. Every so often (if I have time), I'll go down the whole row of 7 games, but it's pretty rare to have that long uninterrupted by the kids during the day.

Atomicboy
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Atomicboy »

I play for at least an hour, maybe more every day, more on weekends. I rotate around the room, so all games get play in line. If I notice I’m not looking forward to a machine when I come around to it, it gets sold, but that very rarely happens. I usually get in 2-4 machines per night, thought TSPP and LOTR will usually be a night in them each f there are long games.
WTB: nadda

Hippochrome
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hippochrome »

2 or 3 quick games a week...
Usually with one, or both, of my kids sitting on the stool in front of the machine distracting me the entire game.

AND its been like that for almost 2yrs now. Hence why Pinball is slowly loosing its place in my life

OPL_EvilOberführer
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by OPL_EvilOberführer »

Not nearly enough as I live in a dystopian pinball drought area and do not own any pins of my own.
The "BEST" pinball is the one that YOU love the most!

OPL Mar 2016 Tournament Results
http://opl-2015-2016.challonge.com/OPL_Mar2015

OPL 2015/2016 Consolidated Regular Season Results
http://tinyurl.com/OPL2016

World Pinball Map...Please help keep it updated!
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play

Pinball Junkie
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Pinball Junkie »

Play about every 2nd night for up to an hour and every once in awhile 2 or 3 days in a row. I know I would play more with an even bigger collection. :evil:
Collection: SM(Stn),T2,HS2,CFTBL,MBrLE,CCrLE,JJPOTCLE,WWind,WCS94,EBD,MM

Owned in the past: RFM,AvengersHulkLE,Elvis,EBD,EB,SegaGZ

Would like AFMrLE & PFLE.

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

I play at least once a week (at neighbours where my pin collection mostly resides), or when I am testing a machine that I am restoring. Keeps the games all fresh and exciting for me and I prefer to play against someone rather than by myself. Usually if I have a game set up in my home for any length of time, I get bored and it sits there, or I sell it.

mrxsiv
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by mrxsiv »

I play every day for an hour or two. I find myself adding mods and doing more maintenance lately and have had less time to play. On the weekends in the winter I try to get 2 hours a day in when the kids are not around.
Have: TZ (HUO), FG (HUO), SS, ACDC(premium HUO), IM (HUO), STLE (HUO), TAF, T2, CFTBL, MM(LE), Night Rider, SM, Gorgar, Elektra, EBD, DILE, DPLE
Looking for:Captain Fantastic, Evel Knievel, GOTLE
Coming soon: ?

For Sale: Dialed In LE- open to offers.

Vids:Asteroids, Millipede
Gone and missed: TSPP, Getaway HS2, Space Station, Monopoly, TAF, Flintstones, Tommy, GE007, RBION, FT, STTNG, TOTAN, TOM, IJ, Super Mario Brothers, Jackbot, TFTC, RS, WH20, RFM, BSD, WWF Royal Rumble, NF, BDK, AFM, SM, MM, LOTR LE, MB, FH, TRON, CV, HULK LE, WOZ, MET, Sopranos, Frankenstein,

ThunderStorm
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by ThunderStorm »

i wish i played more, if i get down there once every 2 weeks i'm lucky, life is busy, work is busy, family is busy, but it makes me happy knowing they are down there if i ever have free time
Stern Mustang. Williams Indiana Jones. Williams Flintstones. Teed off. Time Machine. Cyclone. Rollercoaster Tycoon. Getaway. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. White Water. Apollo 13 and a bunch of other gameroom stuff

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

Not nearly enough. Given the stress pinball removes, I don't think I play as much as I should. I vow to play more from now on.

jojob
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by jojob »

about 1 hour per week...
dungeons and dragons de bally
f-14 tomcat de williams