THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
WARLOCK
MAACA Goliath

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Postby WARLOCK » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Well written and said gentlemen.

For brevity, I will share 1 thought chain text from R.A.B. and myself from offline conversations. Then 1 observation from myself, and 1 quote from R.A.B. .

Warlock / R.A.B. (paraphrased) "what will we deem worthy for where to put ourselves next" ... "pretty scary to have no destination". so... (where to go from here...) (Bank coil - your thoughts require my further pondering)

Warlock "Perhaps, while the focus has been for myself to be on the <journey>, I am having a difficult time "enjoying the ride". In an effort to get to that next unknown destination, wisdom (experience) can cause us pause and makes us struggle vs. the enthusiasm of youth that drove us to where it has led us to, up to today." "The brain, or mind, in an effort to conserve effort and energy in the aging limbs that carries the body through this experience, may in fact be holding back further progress to where we wish to head next."

(I'm wrapped up in the red tape of my own thoughts in a world of my own creation.)

I am relatively certain the universe works in a way that isn't going to allow us to skip any steps in the process... Need some wisdom and experience to succeed and the youth of mind for the aging body to go-go-go...Should be interesting...

What he says...

R.A.B. wrote:Always up for some talk with what conscious self-aware people are thinking. Hell, I certainly could do better incorporating different points of views into my equation these days, 'cause I seem to be stuck in loop with this old brain of mine. Gonna have to break free from the thinking that brought me here and soon, I think that I have taken it as far as I can go with this mindset. Time for a new life once again.

Time for a new life once again... Indeed...

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:48 pm

That moment when you realize that since hooking up the internet in your workspace/studio on this island of the nones (which is quite appropriate these days) you are actually talking to less & less people in your day to day life and doing less & less real writing & living & interacting in your spare time. Pitt street, the MPL and all the good and real things that took place off line are becoming obsolete & old because most people believe that we are actually evolving somewhat beyond good old human feelings via the information age. I call bullshit. You do not change 10,000 generations in 50 years.

Note : I have been internet free for the past two years except at work where it is apparently a tool. The tool being the employees I reckon, hell, everybody gets their turn at being a tool for somebody, somewhere, somehow.

I babble to you from here instead of doing some real writing as I should nightly. Add to this the fact that instead of interacting with actual living and knowledgeable people about how to fix Seeburg Jukeboxes with a tromat memory system, the pinabll community is falling apart because of this bogus new way to communicate complex emotions and thoughts. Not everyone knows how to do this "on line". It is not because something is new that it is necessarily better. You got to be fucked in the head to believe that new is always better than what was before and worked well in general. But who cares, this is the information age damn it, and those who can not command themselves will be commanded.

I am now going to turn off this router or modem or whatever these black boxes are and also pull out this goddam blue wire for good measure from this sleek looking windows 10 bullshit laptop or whatever it is they decided I should have installed and will go to my other desk which is in fact an old farm table from the 30's. On it sits a 20 year old IBM thinkpad connected to nothing except my memories and a power supply. This brick like laptop is something I have thrown across the room many times. It still works well for me, and that is where I like to write nowadays since I gave up my old Remington typewriter which was more difficult to pick up and throw around due to its' weight mostly. Prior to that I would throw my fucking pens across the room, but they now sit idle, motionless and dumb in an old meat grinder clamped to my farm table where many meals and conversations took place decades ago.

Sorry about this post, just realizing that I may not want to become an obsolete relic just yet via the circumstance of being alive this long in rapidly changing times.

"Peace out" as the young and/or the new dumb of the information age say when they run out of solutions to complex problems requiring face to face conversation.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

Bank-Coil

Postby Bank-Coil » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:34 pm

When things aren’t going quite the way you’d like them to, it’s often the result of not asking yourself the right questions. Some questions are hard to confront because you’re afraid you won’t get the answer you want, others because you really don’t want to know the answer.
But the best things in life don’t come easily, and turning away from life’s toughest questions is a sure path to mediocrity. I believe that Socrates said it best:
“The unexamined life isn’t worth living.”
(credit: Travis Bradberry)

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:44 pm

Bank-Coil wrote:When things aren’t going quite the way you’d like them to, it’s often the result of not asking yourself the right questions. Some questions are hard to confront because you’re afraid you won’t get the answer you want, others because you really don’t want to know the answer.
But the best things in life don’t come easily, and turning away from life’s toughest questions is a sure path to mediocrity. I believe that Socrates said it best:
“The unexamined life isn’t worth living.”
(credit: Travis Bradberry)

Jesus Alan - are you finally turning into one of them already ? You are not even 50 yet, so stay vital as long as you can will you. We know about hard questioning and being forthright and honest with ourselves, yet there is no truth that lasts, we unfortunately know this as well.

That Socrates quote is the only thing that speaks to me in your post. I hope you are OK with that. In fact you did look OK when I saw you playing Surf Champ tonight at the North Star before I had to run off to the next thing once I got the bug out of King Pin after a full day at the fishstore peddling parts. I remember you saying, " Rob, I envy your nomadic life." Well, that ain't all it is romantically cracked up to be and this goes to prove my point that there is no truth, only perceptions creating realities that we hope are true. Fuck me, that is a hard fact indeed.

As for those rhetorical new age zombies who say such common place things as above, well, they scare me more than the devil himself. And I believe that these poeple are breeding as the world gets more complicated. This latter life span gig thing is getting to be pretty complicated as we move on so maybe it is better to ignore the stuff that is hard to accept and keep moving towards another and/or the next truth. Many people recoil in horror at life's complications and then find inner peace by not questioning and just accepting what they believe they can not change, hell, they seem sensibly quite happy about not taking on hard challenges, so be it. But then again, that was never my fate and maybe I am doomed down the line, but I still feel pretty good overall. This sort of voluntary retirement from the real work that needs to be done is sad, but I keep trying to delay what B.B. King so eloquently sang when he wailed - "the thrill is gone", so I work at what I do. So yes, maybe alot of us are now looking for answers as we age and some of us think and conclude that there are some, simply believing the latter in order to be consoled. I guess that a temporary understanding of "the truth" can be a powerful thing to experience. Personally, I don't know nothing, except doing stuff I know how to do.

And James Brown sang, "I feel good, I knew that I would."

And before that, Uncle Fred wrote - "Truth has never yet clung to the arm of an inflexible being"

Hugs as always in a world gone weird on us.

Rob
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

WARLOCK
MAACA Goliath

Postby WARLOCK » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:00 pm

I am a tool of me.
I created that which I have become.
Peace out ain't it.
Perform the tasks you were put here for.

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:29 pm

WARLOCK wrote:I am a tool of me.
I created that which I have become.
Peace out ain't it.
Perform the tasks you were put here for.

The above may be as good as it gets.

And that is possibly all we ever wrote here on this forum,- as good as the human spirit gets, until the next truth is achieved.

Disappointed ? Maybe, but that is how the ball rolls it seems, inevitably heading for the outhole, so what ya gonna do in the meantime ?

Make your targets ladies and gents, this may be a one ball payout game, but then again it may also be a 3 or 5 ball game for amusement only. Multi-ball is another story. Your guess is as good as mine.

Good night Nellie.

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Here all about it !

To all the good men and women of MAACA.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Words from the past still manage to apply somehow.

And to those of you who do not need to "google" the above, good for you 'cause you likely have a deeper understanding than for just the here and now which is more empty standing on its own and hence more subject to folly.

Fawk !

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”