THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Postby R.A.B. » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:30 am

Any of you folks happen to catch a gander of the moon this morning before dawn ? If not, make sure you look up tonight, it is monterous this month and worth staring at for a while. If you find yourself howling, give me a call and we can work that out. I have acquired much knowledge pertaining to different kinds of weird behaviour through this coin operated life of mine. Yes, it has been quite the ride and I wouldn't want it any other way, at least not these days. :D

In fact, the past couple of days before this rock reflected upon us so brightly, I do admit to things & events generally becoming more intense and random, at least in my world, but for some reason I was able to handle it this month. I haven't quite understood why or how I have managed to keep things together, but I am sure I will figure it out soon.

I will try to detail that weirdness soon before things go back to normal. This upcoming week promises to be filled with marking moments that will make it to my journal and maybe some worthy pinball laced moments may slip onto MAACA for the sake of another chance at a permanent record. That is all we can hope for really, a voice that can be heard, possibly understood in a shot in the dark attempt at some kind of permanency.

Hope you all have a great Friday and a bright weekend filled with good old human feelings.

R.A.B.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:40 pm

My Black Friday purchase.... 200$ worth of fuses. Lol. I have cornered the market.

I just enjoyed a rare day off. Brian and I shopped a few pins. He was curious about fixing things. Somw great father-son time. I relished it. He is pushing 13 and is about to tell me to go fuck myself, so I will enjoy the good times while I can. Lol
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:27 pm

Warlock left Montreal this morning. Well not exactly, more like around noon after a “gut truck” lunch was procured from a guy named Claude who drove into the front parking lot at Alouette after two Initial D drivers were loaded into Scott's cube van.

Pandor Productions rental truck also contained road cases pertaining to an event install Scott executed at the Hudson's Bay Company store smack downtown near the crossroads of St. Cathy and Union last Thursday morning at about 7 AM when he rolled in from hog town overnight. The 401 is a long and occasionally winding road, and in Montreal Union street crosses Catherine which makes for poetry in the big city. I can get into that without giving it a second thought.

I can tell you all this because warlock and I go way back, at least five years. Knowing anyone over five years and still being able to talk with the other party face to face with fresh ideas and no sign of contempt qualifies as real and sincere as far as “way back” status is concerned. I will tell you why in a moment.

Scott and I trust eachother to do the right thing no matter how ugly things get. One of us will surely be at the other's funeral which says a lot about what we think of eachother's existence. This is reassuring while you are feeling like one lone soul on the openness of the holy god damn road and your mind is not feeling quite like the echo chamber of epiphanies you are use to. Life tends to lose its magic when we let ourselves become use to living by the force of our context.

I use the five year “ruler” intentionally. It is because so much happens in five years. Most of us who don't write things down forget and lose track of how much vital middle aged humans really do when you find yourself alive against your will. But even when we grasp the immensity of “how much we do”, somehow it will never be enough when the end starts to become clearer and clearer in our sights. It feels like that because there is always more road ahead after our individual motor stops running. We continue to look ahead and beyond by sheer habit even when we are out of gas. Natural fact baby, natural fact. All we can really hope for is a chance to make our/a mark on that road, whether it be cleaning up roadkill, putting up a traffic sign or a guard rail or even laying down a single white line. The holy road will never end.

So back to the last four days with Scott. They seemed like an eternity, and in a way, I am glad it felt that way. I can not write about this tonight because living it has made me too tired to recount it. That is a sure sign that something has happened that will change the direction of the road ahead. Crazy man crazy.

God bless the fool hearted, the crazed, the new dumb and the railroaded for good measure, for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth when the screwheads are done with it.

So the question beckons - "What is so good about a future when those who are in charge of the present are reckless about the road signs we hold up ?"

Damn !!

I am exhausted and spent once again. Time to recharge the battery and get back on the road tomorrow.

Good night Nellie.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Currently, I cannot express anything relevant and helpful; here: properly... My apologies.
Robert now has found his voice once again to articulate; while I flounder for some coherency...

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Nothing much left here to report...
It is now all offline and private..

Try and keep up if you can...
We will... Can you ?

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Goodnight Moon

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:04 pm

WARLOCK wrote:Goodnight Moon

One day ends, and the next one begins!

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:10 pm

WARLOCK wrote:Nothing much left here to report...
It is now all offline and private..

Try and keep up if you can...
We will... Can you ?

Start where you are.

Use what you have.

Do what you can.

There is always something to report. Sometimes the mundane for one may be the extraordinary for another.

The best quote.... Stephen Hawking in the Pink Floyd song...

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened that unleashed the power of our imagination... we learned to talk. All you have to do is make sure... you keep talking."

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Well... I am leaving Milwaukee soon... 5:30am flight. What was an exhausting week was still overwritten by the high I have been on since the MPL meeting. I am still buzzing over having friends over.

As we approach the weekend, Daniel15 sums it up greatly in this image from the meeting.

Cheers! I'll drink to that!!!

MPL.jpg

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:43 am

WARLOCK wrote:Currently, I cannot express anything relevant and helpful; here: properly... My apologies.
Robert now has found his voice once again to articulate; while I flounder for some coherency...

I just want to share some words, which incidently are not mine, but they may as well be. They come from a generation that broke through dull convention and the ordinary, and I admire that very much.

I picked up faith, hope, charity, all three clinging together.
"Without us you will surely die."
"With you I'm going nuts, goodbye."

Then beauty, ... ah beauty.
As I led her to the window I told her,
"You I loved best in life...but you are a killer, beauty kills."
Not really meaning to drop her I immediately ran downstairs just in time to catch her.
'You saved me !", she cried.
I put her down and told her - "Move on"

Went back up those six flights to get money, but there was no money to throw out.

The only thing left in the room was death hiding beneath the kitchen sink.
"I am not real !" it cried. " I am just a rumour spread by life."
Laughing I threw it out, kitchen sink and all and suddenly realized that humour was all that was left,
and what could I do with humour ? - out the window with the window.

Gregory Corso

OTTOgd
MAACA Grand Wizard

Postby OTTOgd » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:36 am

Tonight, I really helped some mutants.
20181210_211139.jpg

I really frustrated the most centipedes, spiders, scorpions and fleas.
20181210_224326.jpg

I danced.

... well, not really. But come on and play the game of love!

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”