THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Postby WARLOCK » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:24 pm

Congrats Az.

Goldmeister

Postby Goldmeister » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:42 pm

I watched a movie and ate leftovers. Drank a lot of water. Did my best not to loose patience. Celebrated my wifes birthday for the 4th time this weekend. Enjoyed the sound of silence when everyone finally went to sleep. Watched some youtube video's on kick out holes. Thought about my income taxes. Thought that maybe if I get money back this year, I could get a multi-ball.... As if that will happen... :)
Pins: Jungle, Lost World & Lectronamo

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:48 am

Goldmeister wrote:I watched a movie and ate leftovers. Drank a lot of water. Did my best not to loose patience. Celebrated my wifes birthday for the 4th time this weekend. Enjoyed the sound of silence when everyone finally went to sleep. Watched some youtube video's on kick out holes. Thought about my income taxes. Thought that maybe if I get money back this year, I could get a multi-ball.... As if that will happen... :)

I was driving past your place at 2:30 in the morning after leaving our Borderland and saw the lights were still on from your party. LOL
Pins: Punk!, Centaur II, Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Disco
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip
WTB: Black Knight, Spirit, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:45 am

Left work at midnight. Back at work by 6am. First truck loaded and on the road by 7:30am. The rest of the crews are flying to Dallas and Chicago and Toronto crews are on route as well.
Lethbridge crew has been at it for a week out west already. RAB, Sparky and Silver, you can all keep this early morning work timing for now. I still can't adapt yet to be anything but a nighthawk.

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:46 am

WARLOCK wrote:Left work at midnight. Back at work by 6am. First truck loaded and on the road by 7:30am. The rest of the crews are flying to Dallas and Chicago and Toronto crews are on route as well.
Lethbridge crew has been at it for a week out west already. RAB, Sparky and Silver, you can all keep this early morning work timing for now. I still can't adapt yet to be anything but a nighthawk.

Back at work today, but contrary to the Warlock's schedual I am not as busy. Add to this the fact that I am older, less energetic than this dynamo of a man, so I am taking it slower and working my strenght up for a strong life affirming springtime.

Weekend up in Val David with guys my age (tonysaprano & bank-coil amongst the 10 or so guests) talking about what men our age are living and thinking. It is surprisingly similar, yet no one really talks about it much as the daily grind of work and family life consumes us and puts the average joe through the ringer etc. Most men won't talk about what they are feeling because they think it won't change anything. I agree, it will not change the turn of events, but it sure as shit helps to know that you are not alone in what you are going through and trying to deal with. We have more in common than we think, just different ways of reacting to these times which are redefining our behaviour as men, and from what I have concluded, the wheel is still in spin.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:13 am

It is difficult to play the game if you are trying to conform... And you don't wish to.
It is hard to change the game without conforming first... And then, it might be anarchy.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:58 am

WARLOCK wrote:It is difficult to play the game if you are trying to conform... And you don't wish to.
It is hard to change the game without conforming first... And then, it might be anarchy.

I have anarchy for breakfast. I’m not a fan of my job and I do not conform. I do what I need to and produce more than required. I do wear my Chamaeleon suit while I am here. That’s close enough. ;)
Pins: Punk!, Centaur II, Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Disco
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip
WTB: Black Knight, Spirit, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:01 am

WARLOCK wrote:It is difficult to play the game if you are trying to conform... And you don't wish to.

Real good taliking with you last night Scott. You sounded good. Alot of good things (and other shit) happening in our lives, and simply good to talk about it all, especially with friends of similar wits who can actually understand what the hell we are living these days.

Hooked up with Uncleboo, Robi, Josh, ChrisSilver, Pindude152, eightball, shootagain (some accompanied by various partners) yesterday. We spent a good part of Sunday at geesters' beautiful homestead in the woods of Gatineau, talking and hanging out. Pinball, maple syrup, chilli, traditional sugar shack snacks and stubbie Coors and such. I had brought my 15 year-old son, and his favorite pins in the geester's garage were Fishtails and The Shadow. He spent the rest of his time eating and reading and being himself. Louis and I had some good talks driving in and back, 4 hours total. Tired, but it was all worth it. Today is a one more tough one for the winter journals, especially since the freezing rain this morning has apparently produced another false spring, cause it certainly looked like it had a chance at actualizing a rebirth of sorts when we were at geester's yesterday.

20190408_071524.jpg
This spring in particular is lovely in the city.

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:20 pm

Goddamn... work is like winter these days... unforgiving and unrelenting. Not much time for pinball.

I have to promise myself to work on some tonight...
Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:01 pm

Chris Silver wrote: I have anarchy for breakfast. I’m not a fan of my job and I do not conform. I do what I need to and produce more than required. I do wear my Chamaeleon suit while I am here. That’s close enough. ;)

Careful my friend. If you are good at what you do they will ask for more because you know what you are doing and you are making money FOR THEM, and then they will slowly add more to your plate, very slowly. And as you answer and perform like the man that you are, proud and conscientious, there will eventually come a point where you can no longer own up to the tasks because there is simply too much for any competent man to handle, and don't forget, you are getting older as time passes and people are getting dumber. Learn to say no.

Through these times of insecurity and uncertainty, "the man" has managed to render quality more obsolete than ever, even in your industry where there are safety standards, but who cares, no one is accountable anymore or responsible except maybe in Japan. Here in America the value is money, not human life anymore, we work to make more money for the shareholders who are far removed from what actually happens on the ground and to other humans. There are way too many humans on the planet these days anyway.

And when you can no longer answer to the demands they slowly piled up on you they will ask why you can't do your job anymore, you were so good before, why can't you do the job anymore they will ask. They will then replace you with someone cheaper and younger with less experience who costs a 1/4 of your salary. All I am saying here is that your only defence is to pace yourself, the end of quality is near, so make sure you get to retirement without letting these fuckers burn you out or push you or make you work with so many clowns that you finally say fuck you to that circus while they will claim that you are no longer meeting their standards. Fuck these people, they are shortsighted greed heads who don't care about your children or the future, they only care about theirs cause they are convince that they are superior and better than you and I. I will conclude with a quote from Romeo Dallaire, "No human being is worth more than another."

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:08 pm

Will share this one more time to see if anyone here is awake, especially since the hour is getting late and love continues in cooing lies in hopes of a future.
Threw her fat ass out,- you will always end up a bummer I said. :lol:

And as my 52 year-old friend in Ottawa said to me on the phone the other day, as she reflected back upon her life, " So that was it ? "

Sleep well.

R.A.B.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:36 am

R.A.B. wrote:And as my 52 year-old friend in Ottawa said to me on the phone the other day, as she reflected back upon her life, " So that was it ? "

PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 2004 Apollo 1 Arepachi (CRアレパチ アポロ1号), 1932 Gottlieb Cloverleaf, 1964 Wulff Rialto, 2015 Ranma 1/2 pachinko (CRA羽根らんま1/2R), Sammy Miracle Hustler Arrangeball, Glory Ball Deluxe, スマートボール (Smart Ball) (lent), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series (out for restoration), 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:55 pm

cait001 wrote:
R.A.B. wrote:And as my 52 year-old friend in Ottawa said to me on the phone the other day, as she reflected back upon her life, " So that was it ? "

Brilliantly suited to all those complex emotions which contribute in defining our human condition.

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:29 am

Watched "Dead Poet's Society" with my 15 year-old son yesterday.

He had seen the play at school and it obviously had "spoke" to him on some level because he asked me if I had heard of it. I said that this story was also treated in a movie, so he was gung ho about watching it with me. So out came the CRT TV and the VCR.

I hadn't seen the movie in at least a decade and was very much struck by how the literary magic of poetry in life seems to have vanished in me over the last decade or so. As well as my growing inability of no longer really getting moved by anything and life somehow gradually becaming more about unfulfilling tasks, business and less & less about artistic endeavours. I think that it would take alot for me to turn things around now, reinvent my world and change things in any significant way without stirring shit for people around me, regardless, I don't feel that I have the strength or courage lately. I secretly hope and wish that this feeling is temporary.

The consolation is that I saw nothing of this lack of enthusiam for life and ideas in my son's eyes when discussing this movie's storyline, characters and philosophy.

In a way, it is a good thing that they legalized pot in this country, especially for older cranky folks since it can more easily provide them with a short cut of sorts towards some form of temporary peace of mind. I think that legalization has become necessary in keeping the peace in our society which seems to be slowly going haywire while gradually losing any meaning beyond making lots of money. And even when I look south for some consolation via comparison, it doesn't really help since things are defintely dangerously brewing beneath us.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:37 pm

Yay more basement flooding! Happy Monday y'all
At least it was relatively minor.
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 2004 Apollo 1 Arepachi (CRアレパチ アポロ1号), 1932 Gottlieb Cloverleaf, 1964 Wulff Rialto, 2015 Ranma 1/2 pachinko (CRA羽根らんま1/2R), Sammy Miracle Hustler Arrangeball, Glory Ball Deluxe, スマートボール (Smart Ball) (lent), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series (out for restoration), 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:54 pm

For days I have been trying to think of something to write.

I didn't buy a pin. I didn't buy a vid. I tried selling NIp It but only got stupid offers (my fave was a 300$ offer... LOL). I am working on a bunch of things but don't feel like talking about it. Non-productive.

I dunno...

Oh yeah... I have a new helper in the shop... or should I say, under it.

Meet Big Willie.

20190415_085821.jpg

Other than that,

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Oh yeah... and I sold 3 pins.

Guard
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Guard » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:03 pm

I've been off work for a month now and get my new hip 2 weeks ftom today. This has afforded me time to putter and for the first time all 26 pins that are set up actually work.
The best thing is getting the "reveal" feature on Genisis to open....too bad the sound board has issues still and I don't do boards.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Space Shuttle/Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Bally Circus / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco
Projects- Jolly Rodger/Stratoflite/Pat Hand/ Tri Zone
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

mrmikeman
MAACA Goliath

Postby mrmikeman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:18 pm

I hit the big 5-0 last month. Sports injuries keep piling up. Feeling old. Everybody around me says I should quit hockey. However I am still in the military and in their infinite wisdom, a 50 year old office worker has to pass the same annual fitness test as a 20 year old soldier. Hockey is the only physical activity left in my life that actually keeps me just fit enough to pass. If I can't pass the fitness test I get kicked out. Not much choice there... Meh.

Hate my job. Try to look busy but really don't do much. Boss doesn't like me much. The feeling is mutual. Every week I look at my pension info to see if I could somehow scrape by. If I hadn't "lost" almost 50% of my pension fund 10 years ago(for the same reason I got out of pins) I could retire easily. Now not so much. Would love to get back into the hobby but in the years I've been away it's become totally unaffordable to start from scratch. Meh.

If I inherited my family's genetics then the future is pretty grim. Parkinson's & Alzheimer's await me. I feel the clock ticking.. Meh.

Sometimes I think I should just get rid of everything and live a simple life in the boonies on my pension.. But where's the joy in retirement if u have nothing. No hobbies. No space. Meh.

Well I am off to physio, followed by a chiro appointment.. Feeling old today.. Meh.

Mike
Currently owning:
===============

Nuthin really. Just a few leftover bits and pieces from when I did collect lol. Miss my lineup when I had MB, TSPP, DM, and Galaxy.

Thinking of going the virtual pinball route. Ugggh. I suck lol.

Guard
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Guard » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:35 pm

Sparky wrote:For days I have been trying to think of something to write.
. I tried selling NIp It but only got stupid offers (my fave was a 300$ offer... LOL).

Nobody bought that?? Frig, I was at an auction in Central Michigan last year where a mouse infested barely working one went for 1600 US. I will keep you in mind when I come to the Ottawa show this year...
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Space Shuttle/Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Bally Circus / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco
Projects- Jolly Rodger/Stratoflite/Pat Hand/ Tri Zone
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:13 am

mrmikeman wrote:I hit the big 5-0 last month. Sports injuries keep piling up. Feeling old. Everybody around me says I should quit hockey. However I am still in the military and in their infinite wisdom, a 50 year old office worker has to pass the same annual fitness test as a 20 year old soldier. Hockey is the only physical activity left in my life that actually keeps me just fit enough to pass. If I can't pass the fitness test I get kicked out. Not much choice there... Meh.

Hate my job. Try to look busy but really don't do much. Boss doesn't like me much. The feeling is mutual. Every week I look at my pension info to see if I could somehow scrape by. If I hadn't "lost" almost 50% of my pension fund 10 years ago(for the same reason I got out of pins) I could retire easily. Now not so much. Would love to get back into the hobby but in the years I've been away it's become totally unaffordable to start from scratch. Meh.

If I inherited my family's genetics then the future is pretty grim. Parkinson's & Alzheimer's await me. I feel the clock ticking.. Meh.

Sometimes I think I should just get rid of everything and live a simple life in the boonies on my pension.. But where's the joy in retirement if u have nothing. No hobbies. No space. Meh.

Well I am off to physio, followed by a chiro appointment.. Feeling old today.. Meh.

Mike

That is some post Mike, thank you for sharing that stuff which alot of us are experiencing in different degrees. The only consolation in regards to the bad side of getting onto the "back 9" is that us 50 years -olds (+) have lots of company, more than ever before. So without bitching about it to eachother too much, (that accomplishes very little) we can find some comfort in expressing what most of us feel about the later phases of our lives to eachother. Apart from that, I have to admit that what we are generally feeling is basically new kinds of pain and thoughts which subsides occasionally, but always comes back in different forms and degrees.

I agree that the expression to use no is "Meh", better alternative to fighting with our condition and what is mostly out of our control. The only thing we do control is how we can stretch out what we have with a kind of maintenance program, as opposed to handing life the final fuck you which is becoming more and more available in our society via the medical profession, although many doctors are still reluctant to administer that final solution, I think that will change in the next 20 years or so, it will have to.

In the meantime, let's avoid fatty foods, read a good book and try to be nice to people. (from Monty Phyton's "The Meaning of Life" movie) :lol: Humour is all that was left, and what can we do with humour except laugh and temporarily forget what we know.

Rob

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:28 am

Guard wrote:
Sparky wrote:For days I have been trying to think of something to write.
. I tried selling NIp It but only got stupid offers (my fave was a 300$ offer... LOL).

Nobody bought that?? Frig, I was at an auction in Central Michigan last year where a mouse infested barely working one went for 1600 US. I will keep you in mind when I come to the Ottawa show this year...

Nope. I got sick and tired of stupid offers so I pulled the ad. So, in my basement it sits. I offered it to a friend but I don't think it is a good fit for him.

The problem is that everyone wants "perfection for peanuts" (TM). That is now society today. No one buys with the main criteria of "can I enjoy this" anymore. It is all about "can I resell it" now. And they want a warranty on it. I am not fucking kidding here. One offer I got was for 800$ AND a 6-month waranty on all failures. That was my second favorite offer.

Blame Ebay, Kijiji, Craigslist, Antique Roadshow and society in general to put a fucking dollar value on EVERYTHING. And the funny thing is we run our lives accordingly now around a bullshit concept. Money is not real. It is an opinion of some "expert" that says that your bag of tomatoes is worth only half of my bag of turnips. But if I sell that bag of tomatoes to someone else, I should try to get 2 bags of turnips, and get ahead.

Why not just enjoy your fucking tomatoes and make yourself an epic tomato sandwich?

So, I say fuck experts, fuck Kijiji and fuck resellers. I know what I paid. I know what I put into it (which I am not trying to get back), and I know what the market is. I could list it for 2000$. But I didn't. Not my style. Nor will I sell it to someone that just sees dollar signs.

But, why such stupid offers in the end? I may be going deep here, but Ibelieve that we are in a deep financial, moral and spiritual depression, but no one knows it. If people are so desperate to sacrifice friends over making a few bucks off their backs, I think that as a species we are in a very dark place. But, we are told by experts (again, them...) that everything is great. So we tread on. But in the meantime, out of spite or survival or greed or whatever, some always try to squeeze another person's lemon dry. Well... fuck it. No lemon squeezing for you. I will keep my lemon, make lemonade and enjoy it on a hot summer day.

I will be content to enjoy what I have. What a novel concept. LOL.

So... the pin stays for now. I will restore it completely (because I can), and literally give it away for pennies on the dollar (because I can) to someone that lives far and I deem will enjoy it for what it is (because I can), all the while relishing the experience of restoring a pin to pristine condition (because I can) and flip the bird to the market (because I can). I will then take the little money I will ask for it and take my wife out to a nice dinner (because I can). And I will enjoy it all as it will fill me with joy and life expériences, which in the end, are PRICELESS. Not money, and not because the market or experts tell me to.

Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me. ;)

Peace out!

Damn, that felt good to write that.

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:51 am

Interesting. I just introduced my 14 year old son to that song and band yesterday. Still deliberating if that was good parenting or not.

mrmikeman
MAACA Goliath

Postby mrmikeman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:23 pm

Sparky wrote:
Nope. I got sick and tired of stupid offers so I pulled the ad. So, in my basement it sits. I offered it to a friend but I don't think it is a good fit for him.

The problem is that everyone wants "perfection for peanuts" (TM). That is now society today. No one buys with the main criteria of "can I enjoy this" anymore. It is all about "can I resell it" now. And they want a warranty on it. I am not fucking kidding here. One offer I got was for 800$ AND a 6-month waranty on all failures. That was my second favorite offer.

Damn, that felt good to write that.

Good for you Sparky!

I actually considered your ad cause the price was awesome but with nothing really to fix on it I figured I would get bored quickly with an EM and thought someone that might enjoy it more deserved it. I like/need to tinker (but not necessarily restore). I just spent 8000$+ in December on a monster gaming PC.. Building it was the most fun I've had in a long time. I'm not much of a gamer so it's been sitting in the basement collecting dust. I need to tinker..

I can't believe the offers you got (or maybe I can). There is no such thing as "friends" in this hobby. Most will sell their own mother and/or fuck each other over for a quick buck. We saw that a few weeks ago in the classifieds. I can say that I don't miss that aspect of "collecting". out of the 20-30 machines that passed through my hands I can only think of one where I actually made a "profit", and I think the fellow collector that got me the deal was resentful. It wasn't an intentional money grab. I just didn't like the game play at all and neither did my kids. The others pins I always got pretty much what I paid and put into them in parts. I was never a good business man when it comes to making a buck lol.

If the right deal came along for a dead pin that needs to be brought back to life I might get back into it but that's not likely at the current insane prices ppl are asking. "there's a sucker born every minute" seems to be the motto of a lot of people. Good for them!

I will continue to look at my gaming PC and be amazed at all the flashing lights and shit. I will continue to spend the summers dirt biking while my body can still handle it.

I certainly do not NEED pins. It would be nice to have but it's really just that... A "nice to have".

Enjoy your pin Sparky and don't let this place get to you!!
:)

Cheers,

Mike
Currently owning:
===============

Nuthin really. Just a few leftover bits and pieces from when I did collect lol. Miss my lineup when I had MB, TSPP, DM, and Galaxy.

Thinking of going the virtual pinball route. Ugggh. I suck lol.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:43 pm

WARLOCK wrote:Interesting. I just introduced my 14 year old son to that song and band yesterday. Still deliberating if that was good parenting or not.

think of it as a pressure valve for youthful frustrations.

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”