THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:Hmmm. You force me to read, write AND then respond.

You are a constant pain in the ass my friend. Thank you, as ALWAYS.
That is the nicest thing anyone has said to me recently. :lol: And if we are lost, at least there is a good bunch of us that are lost together.

There is definitely something "in the air" as they say, an impatience, a "I've had enough", a feeling of being duped because you are trying to do good. Women are acting crazy, and that is a sure sign that something is up. Men are generally continuing to act stupid with little regard for the fututre. I think we are nearing the end of the roll, at what speed ? Time will tell.

Whenever things get tense I try to make it out of the city, or slip under the fence to a new reality within my city, not sure I can keep this up until my 60's. I am running out of fences to slip under and they are putting cameras everywhere. There are less of them surveillance devices when you get out of the city, anybody notice that ? I am sure you have.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

Went to Centennial Mini-Indy last Thursday! Fun!

... despite ending up in 3rd place racing against my kids. :cry:

... but I did kick their butts in the Centennial mini golf. 8-)
Resized_20180823_171705.jpg
And there is an arcade too!
20180823_172310b.jpg
20180823_165848.jpg
20180823_165823.jpg
20180823_165912.jpg
20180823_165959.jpg

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

R.A.B. wrote:
WARLOCK wrote:Hmmm. You force me to read, write AND then respond.

You are a constant pain in the ass my friend. Thank you, as ALWAYS.
That is the nicest thing anyone has said to me recently. :lol: And if we are lost, at least there is a good bunch of us that are lost together.

There is definitely something "in the air" as they say, an impatience, a "I've had enough", a feeling of being duped because you are trying to do good. Women are acting crazy, and that is a sure sign that something is up. Men are generally continuing to act stupid with little regard for the fututre. I think we are nearing the end of the roll, at what speed ? Time will tell.

Whenever things get tense I try to make it out of the city, or slip under the fence to a new reality within my city, not sure I can keep this up until my 60's. I am running out of fences to slip under and they are putting cameras everywhere. There are less of them surveillance devices when you get out of the city, anybody notice that ? I am sure you have.
We do now know what the situation is my friend.
It just took us far longer to realize it than it should have.

Our time is not yet, even though it should already have been by now.
Our days are approaching. I know it. I do feel it now, and you will soon as well.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Craziness abounds since the last full moon. You should have heard the conversations in the laundry room on labour day in my building. One elevator of the two elevators stuck on the 15th floor and many sweaty people sounding desperate. Conversations making no sense, every one seemed broken to some extent, some more than others.

Then I saw Sir Paul walk in to get his clothes out of the dryer. He is 95 and sharp as a tack. He opens the door to the dryer that had finished its cycle and looks up to me while I was just hanging out with my crazed girlfriend of late while she did her laundry and he says -

"Did you put something in here" pointing to his dryer and snickering at me.

"No sir Paul, I have no business here except to make sure my lady friend doesn't put bleach where it has no business, your laundry is safe to collect."

"Ah, and you think she will listen. You have a lot to learn about women."

Regardless, life trudges on through the mud of a routine which is well in place for most of us. The goals and values which are held up as worthy no longer speak to me, it is time to go to Toronto before Ottawa and see what is happening there.

See you next Tuesday Warlock, we will sort out a bunch of stuff at Bluffs and likely beyond.

Rob
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Slacker
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Slacker »

[quote="Sparky"]3- I really hate selling anything. Getting a phone call for a complaint for a cracked plastic 2 months after selling a machine sends me into a total frenzy.

Sounds like you're selling to the wrong people ;-)
5K for that many pins should be easy that's a down payment on a new stern and people still buy them.. oh ya wait, we still sell shit for a reasonable price I forgot.
Hope all is well, breath it will all work out and by the way you know if it has tits, tires or you have to winch it up the stairs it's going to cause you problems or cost you money in the long run!
Cheers!
Slacker
Playing.... SST, Buccaneer, Bally PB, Data East PB, Stern PB, TFTC, ACDC Pro, Hook, EATPM
Gone. Magnotron, Bally Ticker Tape Bingo, Haunted House, Totem..... My Money and sanity

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Slacker wrote: Hope all is well, breath, it will all work out and by the way, you know if it has tits, tires or you have to winch it up the stairs it's going to cause you problems or cost you money in the long run!
Cheers!
Slacker
I am on the floor laughing at how dumb we (men) seem to be when we fall for the same repetitive attractions. We are hopeless and dumb beasts, myself included, and sometimes I think that we are just looking for trouble in lieu of something else to do. I think that this may well be a subconscious protest of sorts pitted against the fading of the light that we become well aware of at a deeper level as we reach middle age.

Once we get older and past middle age, numeric age will likely define "getting older" and will vary for each of us in relation to how our bodies can bear the pain of the physical strain we decide to impose on ourselves. And when we eventually decide to stop falling for the same old traps and cheap tricks that appealed to us in previous years because we can no longer adequately bear the requirements and/or demands, we become smarter and weaker.

Hell, not totally there yet myself.

Rob (55 and counting to 60, maybe then)

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of imbibing Beau's at the House of Targ, playing some decent pins with good pal, Jason/The Evener (and losing), and rockin' out to an awesome 'The Who' cover-band, The Start.

Good times.

.... despite the darn tornadoes. Sh!t happens, hope for the best.
Attachments
20180923_001547.jpg

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

I am busy.
I am quite tired.
I can't keep up online.
More in different days; when I am able.

Cheers.
Salut.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:I am busy.
I am quite tired.
I can't keep up online.
More in different days; when I am able.

Cheers.
Salut.

This month of September was something intense indeed.

Lots has happened on several fronts & it all has gotten overly complicated via circumstances.

Personally, I am still reeling from it all.

Having trouble posting here on a regular basis, but I still try to when I think I have something to say that may be of interest, - the latter trait being debatable as times change.

And yes, I have less and less to say these days. Mainly due to the confusion that has taken hold through the frenzy in our cities and lives.

Even off line, many of the people around me are making less & less sense to me when they speak.

There is definitely something fundamentally changing at the social consciousness level. For better or for worse.

Let us hope for October in bringing another beat, somehow I am sure it will.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

Had a great game of Ms. Pac today (412-in-1; #002 speedup). Decent score (165,790) but not my highest, darnit.
20181018_120543.jpg
7-year old gameplay video with slightly higher score showing (168,030):

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

What a difference an hour makes, huh ? I may well be a freak of nature, or maybe it is just that people around me are keeping to themselves concerning what they are feeling these days, hence causing me to think that I am different for babbling about circumstances making one feel generally weird. Fuck it, doesn't matter, just happy that the MAACA forum is no longer acting goofy, that is my specialty. :D

Here is what has mattered to me lately.

Saturday we welcomed a very special 60 year old to the North Star-Machines à Piastres.

It is likely the oldest machine being operated commercially in Montreal, at least that I know of, and that takes guts. I am chock full of guts and other organs when it comes to coin-op amusements.

For example : parts for this 60 year old are not easy to come by, so we are taking a calculated risk in making this available to our younger clients who are sometimes intimidated by the complexity of pinball machines. This 1958 beauty is straight up roll and pins, and most people understand the concept, just like Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble did.

North Star remains distinct from other establishments of a similar nature by the sheer mix of games we are willing to take the risk in operating for the benefit of our patrons. There is a long and colourful history to the coin op amusement industry and it should have its chance to shine again. I admit that this means taking technical risks, just like we did by putting a 60 year old peice of equipment back into commercial use, but this is what sets the North Star apart from many other locations - a wealth of experience in coin-op. I believe that the latter is necessary in order to provide a better understanding of the present context and maybe shedding a light on a different perspective for the next generation of operators, and hopefully providing the key necessary to thinking outside of the "the cash box" alone as the ruling factor of an environment.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bput2jTHzBc/

R.A.B.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Amazing!
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Entering it's third week at the North Star.
Bally"s 1958 All Star Deluxe Bowler
Bally"s 1958 All Star Deluxe Bowler
I am happy to report that this 60 year old senior member of "the herd" is holding its own and getting a lot of attention. Seeing younger people interacting and connecting with an older arcade machine and enjoying the experience to the point of lively physical exclamation is something special to see happening. In making such a beautiful piece of coin op equipment available to our clients, lies an ability to provide something different in contrast to what is often more commonly available and easier to maintain in operation in similar establishments.

Our 1953 Seeburg Jukebox gets relatively less play than our Bally 1958 Allstar Bowler, yet they both continue to significantly contribute to the unique ambiance which the North Star - Machines a Piastres provides to such a wide demographic of patrons. We distinguish ourselves in providing an exceptional experience via a cross-section of coin operated amusement equipment accompanied by a unique decor. As we enter our fourth year of operation, we will continue to explore and unveil the rich and colourful history of coin operated amusement machines to our clientele.
Preparing more than just pinball machines at the North Star shop.
Preparing more than just pinball machines at the North Star shop.
Thank you for your continued support as we enter our 4th year of operation on January 1st, 2019.

R.A.B.
Leonard Cohen watching over the North Star while the fish truck drives by
Leonard Cohen watching over the North Star while the fish truck drives by

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

I now have my own physiotherapist, my back needed it.

Moving games is not what it used to be... not that I am moving anything around lately anyway.

How few days go by to make up a century...
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

I have no words my friends.
No proper grasp of "da" language.
Due to da over- requirements of dis life...
No adequate advice on advancement's forward...

My apologies. It's sleep x 3 nights; is required as previously stated here and there...
And perhaps since given... (no one comprehends or perceive's to read this dear) because...

It is a 4 - 2 -1 LINE... And I am about to retire from oh, this place of "what it was" all my friends...

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

The above statement was "sung as a musical" my friends. (my progeny)
Crazy days and nights and weekends currently. I am more than occupied.

More in 2019 at the earliest I suspect. Maybe and perhaps. In person is always better...

To discuss. More soon.
Cheers. Salut.

Excelsior...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

MAACA Death Knight

I have no words my friends.
No proper grasp of "da" language.
Due to da over- requirements of dis life...
No adequate advice on advancement's forward...

My apologies. It's sleep x 3 nights; is required as previously stated here and there...
And perhaps since given... (no one comprehends or perceive's to read this dear) because...

It is a 4 - 2 -1 LINE... And I am about to retire from oh, this place of "what it was" all my friends...

The above statement was "sung as a musical" my friends. (my progeny)
Crazy days and nights and weekends currently. I am more than occupied.

More in 2019 at the earliest I suspect. Maybe and perhaps. In person is always better...

To discuss. More soon.
Cheers. Salut.

Excelsior...

Just for the sake of prosperity, I have copied my friend's wild posts, absolutely brilliant and as always, - far from ordinary.

I know alot of you think that all this is writing is cryptic. But, I assure you that it is quite clear if you open your mind. Yes, I know, that is alot to ask in many cases these days, but if you can find it in your minds & hearts to just trust me instead of......whatever you think is reliable, I promise you a hell of a journey.

Nothing is reliable or is permanent or shielded &/or protected from randomness.

All things, even those you think you own can be taken away from you in a split second and they remain an illusion of sorts, especially in the face of the incomprehensible immensity of existence. No insurance company can get around randomness.

Since it is so complicated, wouldn't it just be eaiser to work at getting rid of existence for a lack of a better solution, like we are carelessly contributing to daily..

Yadayada.

Hugs,
R.A.B.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

I did this. I did that.

Then drove my kids around to their weekly functions, home late, and told them to hit the hay asap. Typical Thurs.

Reminds me that, years ago, I used to read to them short stories and/or poetry while they snuggled in their beds. Good ol' days.

They're getting older. *sigh*

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Any of you folks happen to catch a gander of the moon this morning before dawn ? If not, make sure you look up tonight, it is monterous this month and worth staring at for a while. If you find yourself howling, give me a call and we can work that out. I have acquired much knowledge pertaining to different kinds of weird behaviour through this coin operated life of mine. Yes, it has been quite the ride and I wouldn't want it any other way, at least not these days. :D

In fact, the past couple of days before this rock reflected upon us so brightly, I do admit to things & events generally becoming more intense and random, at least in my world, but for some reason I was able to handle it this month. I haven't quite understood why or how I have managed to keep things together, but I am sure I will figure it out soon.

I will try to detail that weirdness soon before things go back to normal. This upcoming week promises to be filled with marking moments that will make it to my journal and maybe some worthy pinball laced moments may slip onto MAACA for the sake of another chance at a permanent record. That is all we can hope for really, a voice that can be heard, possibly understood in a shot in the dark attempt at some kind of permanency.

Hope you all have a great Friday and a bright weekend filled with good old human feelings.

R.A.B.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Warlock left Montreal this morning. Well not exactly, more like around noon after a “gut truck” lunch was procured from a guy named Claude who drove into the front parking lot at Alouette after two Initial D drivers were loaded into Scott's cube van.

Pandor Productions rental truck also contained road cases pertaining to an event install Scott executed at the Hudson's Bay Company store smack downtown near the crossroads of St. Cathy and Union last Thursday morning at about 7 AM when he rolled in from hog town overnight. The 401 is a long and occasionally winding road, and in Montreal Union street crosses Catherine which makes for poetry in the big city. I can get into that without giving it a second thought.

I can tell you all this because warlock and I go way back, at least five years. Knowing anyone over five years and still being able to talk with the other party face to face with fresh ideas and no sign of contempt qualifies as real and sincere as far as “way back” status is concerned. I will tell you why in a moment.

Scott and I trust eachother to do the right thing no matter how ugly things get. One of us will surely be at the other's funeral which says a lot about what we think of eachother's existence. This is reassuring while you are feeling like one lone soul on the openness of the holy god damn road and your mind is not feeling quite like the echo chamber of epiphanies you are use to. Life tends to lose its magic when we let ourselves become use to living by the force of our context.

I use the five year “ruler” intentionally. It is because so much happens in five years. Most of us who don't write things down forget and lose track of how much vital middle aged humans really do when you find yourself alive against your will. But even when we grasp the immensity of “how much we do”, somehow it will never be enough when the end starts to become clearer and clearer in our sights. It feels like that because there is always more road ahead after our individual motor stops running. We continue to look ahead and beyond by sheer habit even when we are out of gas. Natural fact baby, natural fact. All we can really hope for is a chance to make our/a mark on that road, whether it be cleaning up roadkill, putting up a traffic sign or a guard rail or even laying down a single white line. The holy road will never end.

So back to the last four days with Scott. They seemed like an eternity, and in a way, I am glad it felt that way. I can not write about this tonight because living it has made me too tired to recount it. That is a sure sign that something has happened that will change the direction of the road ahead. Crazy man crazy.

God bless the fool hearted, the crazed, the new dumb and the railroaded for good measure, for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth when the screwheads are done with it.

So the question beckons - "What is so good about a future when those who are in charge of the present are reckless about the road signs we hold up ?"

Damn !!

I am exhausted and spent once again. Time to recharge the battery and get back on the road tomorrow.

Good night Nellie.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Currently, I cannot express anything relevant and helpful; here: properly... My apologies.
Robert now has found his voice once again to articulate; while I flounder for some coherency...

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Nothing much left here to report...
It is now all offline and private..

Try and keep up if you can...
We will... Can you ?

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Goodnight Moon

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:Currently, I cannot express anything relevant and helpful; here: properly... My apologies.
Robert now has found his voice once again to articulate; while I flounder for some coherency...
I just want to share some words, which incidently are not mine, but they may as well be. They come from a generation that broke through dull convention and the ordinary, and I admire that very much.

I picked up faith, hope, charity, all three clinging together.
"Without us you will surely die."
"With you I'm going nuts, goodbye."

Then beauty, ... ah beauty.
As I led her to the window I told her,
"You I loved best in life...but you are a killer, beauty kills."
Not really meaning to drop her I immediately ran downstairs just in time to catch her.
'You saved me !", she cried.
I put her down and told her - "Move on"

Went back up those six flights to get money, but there was no money to throw out.

The only thing left in the room was death hiding beneath the kitchen sink.
"I am not real !" it cried. " I am just a rumour spread by life."
Laughing I threw it out, kitchen sink and all and suddenly realized that humour was all that was left,
and what could I do with humour ? - out the window with the window.

Gregory Corso

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

Tonight, I really helped some mutants.
20181210_211139.jpg
I really frustrated the most centipedes, spiders, scorpions and fleas.
20181210_224326.jpg
I danced.

... well, not really. But come on and play the game of love!