THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Post by OTTOgd »

While I was picking up delicious, bubbly cans of Danish and Czech happiness at the LCBO, I actually bought a book as well!? Not kidding! There were a couple extra tables set-up with old books and this one got my attention (and my $2) for some odd reason. Into the bathroom it goes!
Attachments
20181230_180120.jpg

sylvain
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sylvain »

Picked-up a used CD in part for the cover picture of a pinball backglass (picture from Spotify):

Happy New Year !

Cheers,
-Sylvain.
Attachments
Sugar Ray Floored.jpg
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for 40+ years already.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

Well, it has been a heck of year, wouldn't you agree ? I am pretty certain that you would if you think back a little. No surprise there, most of the years we look back on have been comprised of life events, work, family, friends and more life events plus their aftermaths. Fairly sure that this upcoming year 2019 holds more life events for us. So before we head into 2019, with 2020 (the 20's) around the bend, if we make it, let's hope for the Charleston to make a comeback, because we need to let off some steam, start practising now I would recommend.

In fact, life events & their aftermaths will do just fine in describing the past years when we look and recall. There is no year where nothing happens, except when you are dead or not yet born. So goes to follow that all we have here in common is consciousness, and what a trip that has turned out to be. In fact, the imposition of consciousness is what our lives are in essence. One never asked for it since there was no "you" to choose it, two other lost souls who were subject to consciousness brought you on by choice, or not. Regardless it made you happen. Doesn't matter cause here you are - so what are you doing tonight and for the next 365 days and nights for that matter ?

Happy New Year
3rd year completed at North Star, or if you prefer, 1000 nights of life.
3rd year completed at North Star, or if you prefer, 1000 nights of life.
R.A.B.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

Spent the evening with my wife and kids yesterday.

Kids opened their Christmas gifts since we were travelling and visiting family at Christmas, it kept them busy until midnight.

Woke up around 8 this morning and played board games with my youngest (the oldest are, of course, still sleeping).

Happy new year everyone, it is not much about the games for me anymore but it is all about YOU, the members !

Cheers !
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

The last few days of 2018 felt emotionally satisfying and productive. This brought on a sense of awareness of the changes looming ahead. The only constant in life is change for some reason, I think I may have said this before.

Christmas eve was spent with my 14 year old and his grandma. She was nursing a virus and a cold which had started on the 23rd, so the evening of the 24th was cut short after exchanging a few gifts and sharing some food. We left her around 10PM to get some rest and I let Louis-Daniel drive my Camry in the empty parking lot at the Provigo. One of the ignition coils was beginning to fail, I could feel it, but the car kept buckling forward regardless. I drove it back carefully to my studio and we took it easy until Christmas morning and Louis and I talked alot about life. On Christmas morning I gave him the cactus lamp he wanted and he gave me a miniature pinball machine which made me realize that he has finally accepted the fact that pinball machines are not just what consumed most of my attention during his early years while on Pitt street. They had also allowed me to earn a living, support a small family, help launch the North Star project and provide him with a good education while managing to not compromise the wild person I was at the time. I think he understands this better now via this gift. He didn't like pinball from about 6 to 12 and would turn away from them when I would work, play or talk with friends about pinball. Big Dave made me aware of the latter condition while watching Louis's expressions when we were around pins.

Christmas day he went off to the other side of his family and I tried to figure out where I was going to get an ignition coil on boxing day. Once the stores opened at 1pm I took the bus to the Canadian Tire in Verdun, but they had none in stock, Back home I called all the auto parts stores I could find in the area but they were all closed. I had to get the car running properly by the next day when Louis and I would head to Toronto for a father and son road trip to see stuff and assist the Warlock in his pinball endeavors. So I called “tonysaprano” on MAACA (Dan in real life) and asked if he had any coils, he is usually the one to ask me that question. Turns out that he had a bag of various Toyota ignition coils in his parts junk. I gave him the part number and he said that he would check for that sku and bring them over after a wake he was attending for a friend's father, not sure if any of them were good he told me. Thank fate for friends, and thank fate for weirdness as well. After the wake he called me and said that there was movement inside a NAPA auto parts location across the street from the funeral home in Lachine and did I want him to pick up a DSO 673-1307. I said yes, and I silently thanked the deceased & Napa. Dan made his way to Ile-des-Seules and I changed cylinder 2's ignition coil in a snap. Back on the road, I head out to the North Star to take care of a cocktail pinball that had turned into a piece of art. We had this Allied Leisure cocktail table called Eros 1 which turned out to be a real lemon for operation in our first year (2016) so Jte had it painted by an artist friend and asked JameSchid to turn it into a real cool animated sit down drinking table for our patrons. Problem was that this thing still had a coin door on it and that would cause our clients to think that it was operational. It would also have confused the la Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux when their vice squad would wonder into the bar occasionally to check tax labels on bottles of booze and vignettes on our coin operated devices. I don't like unnecessary trouble, so we removed the coin door and will eventually print “FOR ARTS SAKE ONLY” on the wooden door crossbar, I pretty certain that the inspectors can read English.
20181226_200458.jpg
So on the 27th Louis and I left for Toronto with a pit stop in Cornwall to deliver an Alouette parts order to an operator friend and then drove on to Brockville and stayed overnight at my brother's place where red wine, hearty soup and inspiring conversation lay in wait along with a couple of Fawlty Towers episodes. We played OXO after watching John Cleese stress out so much that we had to take a break as a form of stress relief from watching him battle the way things are. He usually loses.

In the morning we took off for Toronto.

Louis was born in Brampton in January 2004 and it took some time before his mother and I admitted this to him. Spending the first 15 months of his life in Georgetown in a peaceful setting was a great start and he had never been back. I wanted to show him where he came into consciousness, but before arriving he was subject to the immensity of those 12 lanes of speeding metal which makes up the 401. He found the volume of it all exciting and energizing as we head for the Bluffs where the Warlock would meet us. The Bluffs pinball warehouse reminded him of Pitt street he said and he felt right at home. Scott and I fixed Snow Derby, Buccaneer, Argosy, Cleaopatra (EM), OXO, and failed on Wiggler and Firepower while Louis explored this place with wonder. We then headed to P1AG on Viscount road near the Pearson airport to hook up with Doug Baird as well as some of my old co-workers and long time industry friends who were at work that friday. Also briefly saw Drano driving away from the place with some parts as we pulled in. Scott, Louis and I then head off to downtown Toronto to the Pint, a Public House where Warlock operates over 33 games in a 900 person capacity pub. Louis had never been to a bar (except for the North Star when it is closed) since in Quebec you have to be 18 up even if you are accompanied by adults, but here he hung out with us had squid and poutine and tested the games we fixed after Scott and I attended to this wonderful herd of machines. Got the Super Chexx working along with Sky Jump, Wizard, Jungle Queen, Alien Poker and failed at Solar City. We took a walk downtown so Louis could grasp the immensity of the city and its landmarks. He thanked us for showing him the downtown surroundings.
20181228_192715.jpg
20181228_192748.jpg
20181228_192709.jpg
We got back to Bluffs and crashed out in the warehouse on couches, just like we use to on Pitt street, Louis said that it was a great day.

On the 29th there was a tournament planned at Bluffs. Around 9AM, Chris and Scott showed up to prepare machines and the venue. We missed them by about 15 minutes. Louis-Daniel and I had already left for Halton Hills and the Niagara Escarpment. I wanted to show him where his life had started. We stopped by the house he learned to crawl and walk in and then drove to a park in Glenn Williams where the credit river snakes down from Northern Ontario and under the concrete mass of the big city making its way to Lake Ontario. Louis didn't believe me when I told him that large and powerful salmon swim up this river in spring and that fishing can be practised here. Some of the fish that were tagged as farmed salmon you could catch, and the others you were obliged to release. Signs by the river detailed this and he finally believed my fish story about a 2 footer I caught and released before he was born. Back then, his mother and I along with a few close friends had a make shift baptism ceremony for him one beautiful summer day in 2004 by the river bank. Now fourteen years later he stood where we had soaked the bugger in the river as we hoped that the future would be good for him and all the others who give a shit about life.
20181229_110436.jpg
20181229_110514.jpg
We drove on to the old Main Street in Georgetown and I showed him some of the shops and restaurants we often frequented as we drove past the old McGibbon Hotel which to my disappointment is being refaced for the upcoming hipster market instead of restoring it to its historical look. It was the coolest beat up hotel I had ever seen with a wooden floored tavern which smelled of tobacco and beer on the first floor. It had an old shuffleboard in the corner and a small stage for local bands to play on Saturday nights. I liked this place very much back in the early 2000's when I started my contract at Microplayground which then became Hip Coin. We also drove past the only French Catholic church where we were allowed to speak that language once inside without getting any nasty looks. Also showed him the abandoned old paper mill from the turn of the century (19th to 20th) behind our house build near the credit river for power. Plans to develop it into a commercial venue before we left in 2005 fell through and it still sits fenced off. I had snuck in there with my buddy Steve on weekend back in the day and took pictures of the abandoned and graffitied structures that were left standing after a couple of fires. We then went to an antique store in Glenn Williams where the owner recognized me from 15 years ago. He is a Montrealer at heart who moved here during the exodus of the early 80's and he told me how much he missed Montreal and what a great city it still is each time he visits. Louis bought some old baseball cards off the man.

We then made our way to the Church of the Silverball and hooked up with Doug of P1AG once again for some heart felt conversations about the lies which fuel the corporate world, the pinball faith which we are barely hanging on to and talked about the old men we are becoming and what we should do with that. Louis played a couple of DMD and Bad Cats (he has two at home, cats, not pins) while Doug and I looked over an old Bally lamp driver test fixture they had found buried in the endless racks of stuff at the Church. This thing even had part numbers, which reassured me immensely.
20181229_134453.jpg
Will CPR ever reproduce this backglass? Fat chance, no market for these. Sort of looks like a mini bingo backglass if you don't know what the Q's and the U's stand for. well, the U's could be the cards and the Q's could be the holes I guess.
20181229_134408.jpg
20181229_134426.jpg
We left that Church and head back to Bluffs where the tournament had started. We exchanged warm greetings with Brewmanager, more of the Bluffs crew and some folks from the Ottawa gang (MCS and Craig) who came to compete. We gathered up our belongings, had samosas and ice tea and said our goodbyes as best as we could in such a large crowd (40+) We made our way back to the 401 and headed east to Brockville for the night in order to break up the trip and see my brother and his family once again.

Two things that amazed me over those couple of days. First, Louis-Daniel's fascination and wonder at seeing this place where he came to be, and second, that he noticed the large amount of businesses squeezed together in mini-malls which all seemed mismatched next to eachother somehow in various burbs of Toronto, A Dairy Queen next to a dentist's office, a car garage next to a fancy restaurant, a pet food store and a spa on either side of the two. A sushi place next to an exterminator etc, etc etc. "Shanty town" I exclaimed as he laughed even though he doesn't know what that means, but he did insist on taking the picture below and had me do a u-turn on Kingston Road (more appropriately old highway 2) so he could snap it for his friends back home. So this was taken on the old Trans-Canada highway # 2 where Jamaicans and the Chinese cook together in the same kitchen, see there is hope for a future, especially along the old highways.
20181229_174542.jpg
Last edited by R.A.B. on Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Sparky wrote:I gotta admit... I cracked open a beer for that post RAB. Good reading. We needed a splash of human-factor.

Wow... where to begin 2019... So many changes. I will keep it brief. Nothing too deep to report. Only good things to look forward to.

But first, a recap... 2018 was a HARD year for me. Working 60-80hrs a week, steady, took a toll. Not much in regards of leisure time. I was dead set with a goal in mind for 2018, and that was to make my gameroom into exactly that... a gameroom. Not a warehouse. That was A LOT of work, considering the amount of games there. But I got it done... literally up until the hour before the MPL meeting I had scheduled. Add a Borderland meeting to the list a few days later, and that was a great finish to 2018.

But now... 2019. Well, on a good note, my work did finally see that me taking care of all of Canada was no longer an option. So starting now, I am only covering Quebec and the Maritimes. A welcome breather. I should be able to balance my life a bit more. I got a taste of what it is to be a workaholic, and I didn't like it. Not being aware of how my family is doing, even though I was calling every day, was not fun. And not having a social life sucked as well. I didn't even follow hockey. I felt pretty stupid after turning on my first Habs game in December, only to find out that a few players had been let go or traded 2 months before. Ouch. LOL

But... 2019 should be a year to balance my Chi. I need to post more, get more immersed again. And by need, I don't mean an obligation... I mean like an itch I need to scratch. There are so many things to talk about... so many repairs to document.... so much beer to drink. lol

Time to have some fun!
Thanks Ian for the positive comment. Yours post is positive as well and I wish you more good things in 2019. Looks like your are on your way.

After spending time with Scott in Toronto and Montreal this past November, I realized through his comments that there is so much more we all need to accomplish, and I don't mean just pinballs. I have been working like a bastard on the two books I am trying to finish, or what we will call WIP (work(s) in progress) going forward. Last night I was working on formatting chapters in one of the WIP and suddenly felt that I had to blow out some of the present thoughts and ideas and feelings to make room, clear my head sort of speak since alot of the material I am dealing with is largely based in the past with an eye on the future. Then I realized that we are all WIP.

Keep it up.

Rob

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

I was attacked by a giant spider at the ROM today. :shock:

I escaped, thankfully, and drove my wife and kids home. But did buy a cool t-shirt to remember those creepy-crawlies I love. Still best friends with Harry, the framed, taxidermied tarantula I received for Xmas when I was 11. Can't play Atari Black Widow on my Space Duel yet. :cry:

Finally visited a great exhibition that ends next Sunday: https://www.rom.on.ca/en/spiders
20190103_123048.jpg
20190103_164328.jpg

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

Very nice (cold) day outside with the kids. They had a project idea so here we go !

Hoping to be ready to water this tomorrow evening, we’re almost done but it was too late to finish today.
Attachments
48629A53-34F3-4C30-B235-3875A298CD5A.jpeg
3337F068-DE32-438C-A62E-9D2FC747EE44.jpeg
D1E3AF35-CBAF-4558-ADAF-0406706C4B64.jpeg
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

... reading my 'new' book ...
Attachments
The.Pinballs_Betsy.Byars_20190117_214217.jpg

Pinoffski
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Pinoffski »

Will CPR ever reproduce this backglass? Fat chance, no market for these. Sort of looks like a mini bingo backglass if you don't know what the Q's and the U's stand for. well, the U's could be the cards and the Q's could be the holes I guess.

20181229_134408.jpg

20181229_134426.jpg

Maybe ask Bally bingo in the Netherlands ?
I would be guessing it would not be cheap ...

No harm in asking ...
And if you have scans may help..

Makes pinball backglasses as well

@R.A.B.
Here are some links
http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/story_glass_printing.html

http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/backglasses.html

http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/index.html
Last edited by Pinoffski on Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

@ OTTOgd - I love reading about philosophy and pinbal together. Especially when we see how pinball mimicks our course, as individuals and probably as a god-damn civilization - makes sense. Creating things and drawing lines that reflect our understanding of the randomness, the luck and the skills needed for the course. We can only acquire an understanding of parallels from being aware and observant of what comes to us via the filter of our perception.

@pinoffski - thanks for your suggestion, I will look up Bally bingo in the Netherlands for fun.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slacker
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Slacker »

Hey Rob "philosophy and pinball together" I can see that as a daily thing. You walk into somethings just like starting a new game and think nothing of it, next thing you know you're doing great "High Score in sight" sometime you hit it and other times Wham! Straight down the middle or down an out-lane with no way to save it LOL The randomness of life plays its cards.... Here's hoping everyone gets more high scorers then the latter.
Cheers!
J..
Playing.... SST, Buccaneer, Bally PB, Data East PB, Stern PB, TFTC, ACDC Pro, Hook, EATPM
Gone. Magnotron, Bally Ticker Tape Bingo, Haunted House, Totem..... My Money and sanity

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Slacker wrote:Hey Rob "philosophy and pinball together" I can see that as a daily thing. You walk into somethings just like starting a new game and think nothing of it, next thing you know you're doing great "High Score in sight" sometime you hit it and other times Wham! Straight down the middle or down an out-lane with no way to save it LOL The randomness of life plays its cards.... Here's hoping everyone gets more high scorers then the latter.
Cheers!
J..
It's crazy how many paralells we could draw between the game and life itself. (M.A.S.H. song from the movie applies)

- the ball plunger as coming into consciousness - ball in play
- the frenzy of youth between the pop bumpers and the sling shots
- the ball control as adulthood, using flippers to make choices
- the outhole as the end

Poetry in metaphors.

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

R.A.B. wrote: It's crazy how many paralells we could draw between the game and life itself. (M.A.S.H. song from the movie applies)

- the ball plunger as coming into consciousness - ball in play
- the frenzy of youth between the pop bumpers and the sling shots
- the ball control as adulthood, using flippers to make choices
- the outhole as the end

Poetry in metaphors.
That's another angle to answer my favorite question from the marketing guy: George, Am I the ball?
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

cap wrote : That's another angle to answer my favorite question from the marketing guy: George, Am I the ball ?

You could be.

The ball could also be the essence of being, in other words. The randomizing element in your life. Infinite angles and shit like that.

"If you had perfect knowledge it would not be random, right ?"

Heather Kelley

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

R.A.B. wrote:The ball could also be the essence of being, in other words. The randomizing element in your life. Infinite angles and shit like that.
And it's not always the size of one's balls that make a big difference. I had a great deal of fun with my small balls tonight/this morning!

Game on!
20190118_235659.jpg
20190119_000553.jpg
20190119_003846.jpg
20190119_005642.jpg

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Last year around this time on the MDN page 39 11th post from the top, you can read and see pics of the whole version of the deal below.

If not, here is a partial post from that/this period, however you want to look at it. The crux of the matter I would say remains.

Things are beginning to repeat themselves again, so it may be time for another break from convention. Embarrassment is a sure sign that I am in the presence of excess, and occasionally that tastes and feels real good. Nowadays, in these sordid times of subtle control accompanied with the slow and soft erosion of personal freedom and liberating (i.e. negative) us from the responsibility that needs to accompany freedom for it to work, excess has thus become unpleasant for most. Good timing I would say for those who are winding things down, and this is a very large demographic indeed. Enough already, on a more directly informative note that you can use instead of trying to decipher the above thoughts and human condition stuff, I will not be at Alouette this week until Friday the 25th, so let's talk parts then.

Meanwhile, where is the next "prophet of WOW". The one for the upcoming generations which have already seen so much and know so much and seem dangerously beaten down by the fact that they know so much so early in their lives, and/or have turned into real assholes because they think they know so much about what they haven't lived yet.

Today was another day away from work. Yes, that's two this week, and I got to tell ya, I could get use to this very quickly. And by no means should one deduce, based on the above, that I am a lazy sod. I am more likely than not. Simply fed up with all those sterile screens, messages, prompts and ofcourse the regular routine which only adds to the crippling of our human abilities experienced daily at work in this insidious information age which is claiming an eventual victory over ignorance and that good things will result from this for all of humanity. That's great. I continue to believe that the latter will always depend on the moral fiber of those who hold high places when greed and power are also at the gate.

So you see, I am not lazy in the slightest, just simply wary of who I am selling my small choir of abilities to. I want to see their faces, know their families and especially, I need to know their values before we engage in any exchange of information or services or even goods. But this is now less and less likely to happen as we deal more and more with eachother through all sorts of on line tools and apps and media appearing efficient, but essentially they all do the same thing,- letting the oracle know about what we are doing next, and with who, and how and where. The skies above us seem cloudy today.

In "real" life, I called JamesShid this morning before heading up the Main before 9AM. We then picked up Jordan on the way to the North Star workshop and grabbed 2 sheets of playfield glass and the parts we needed to prepare the line up at the bar for the IFPA Quebec Provincials taking place tomorrow at noon. The plan was to do a thorough line up check along with some specific detailing to reduce the chances of the machines malfunctioning during this “grandiose” event. Hell, people were coming into la Ville de Marie from other cities and booking hotels for the night just so they could get some practice in at the North Star – Machines a Piastres tonight. These competitive players can occasionally be a savage bunch, and I wanted to make sure “the herd” was able to take the reaming.

By 1pm we were confident about the work we had accomplished and this felt pretty good. A certain adult satisfaction overcame me for a change. I locked up the joint and we all parted in hopes that the next day would be good.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

Well, despite my best attempts to stay offline...
My friends keep posting excellent things about our activities...

I wish that I had the "language" and control over my thoughts to write brilliant essays in response...
Alas, I do not currently have that ability to tell "great or even mediocre" tales or report gossip from the watercooler.

Everything I do is intense... Writing... Executing... Learning... Doing...
I find it absolutely impossible to do more than 1 thing at a time properly, let alone with any real flare of disclosure...

I have been busy "doing" things since the last set of "tales" was prevalent or even relevant here or anywhere else for that matter...
But; I am approaching the "tired" out stage of all of these current "doing" activities and the time to "report" these activities "all in due course" approaches soon...

Cheers.
Salut.

More soon...

Thank you my friends.
You know who you all are.

I owe you all more than I can ever repay.
But, I have some ideas... I hope...

All the very best...

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

Had the opportunity to play a Stern Munsters Pro last night at shinynick's. Beautiful game. Nifty display.

Used to watch Munsters (and Batman and Leave it to Beaver) during my public school lunches at home. Fun and silly show. Herman is great.

But not overly impressed with the pin's gameplay. I'm still diggin' Iron Maiden much more. "RUN TO THE HILLLLLS ... RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIVES ..."

Game on!
Attachments
570828674.jpg

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

"Sunshine came softly, through my, window today." That was the present earlier today in Montreal.

It will take time I know it to live in the present again. The same way we all did as children before school started to teach us about the all important future. :roll: The weasels closed in then, as they always have, but the consolation through my contempt for them is that they are in a futile loop as well, more so than those who see it imposed. Some of us will have the courage to break free from this indoctrination, but most of us will live with a constant fear of the future.

And so, It happens every a couple of generations. Too much abuse from the exiting gens which are now living much longer than ever before and are sucking up resources that rightly belong to the upcoming generations. This is causing a reactionary grab and an obscene need from the latter to grab at self importance as a way to differentiate themselves from "the herd". The illusion of individualism is growing exponentially and will eventually bring on a much deeper breakdown of the social consciousness which was always the necessary element in order to build a future. A future build on common values fueled by philosophical thought/questioning and creativity. But instead, we are stuck following the path laid out for us by the forces of the screwheads in hopes that the future will be better, it will not be for the majority of humans. Can we turn this around and work harder and make sacrifices to allow the fulfillment of a better life and state of being for the young instead of using them like fodder for the old ? Yikes, looks like this conflicting condition between greed and a chance at growth is likely to peak and fall in the 20's. I reckon that a major adjustment is on the horizon and it may not be pretty for the majority of us. So as part of the exiting gen, you can give up the greed of your ghost and live a deeper life, or invest in the very predictable behaviour of those that have been screwed to the floorboards. So get an on-line investment account at your financial institution and get on the bus to retirement before your prostate and ovaries rot into cancerous cells.

Yes we are in February, please let me have this moment tonight.

Thank you.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Nothing more to say boys and girls, hence I shall be quiet until spring because.....this is the season to be quiet.

Hugs to all you fools.

R.A.B.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Do it Ian!
And Robert...
More another day...
My beautiful brothers...

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

I hope many of us know the true importance of this thread. It does connect us all.
It is far more important than the words we have said; and stated thus far. It is something far beyond that.

This thread has become; and "is' the essence of what maaca was meant to be.
This thread is a public statement of what so many of us try to do here, daily.

Online or offline. Live this hobby. Help our friends out.
That is all that this ever was meant to be me thinks.

Cheers. Salut.
More soon.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

I did nothing today.
I thought about pinball.

My machines do hate me.
Unless; I pay attention to them.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

Happy Valentines Day, HS!!!

My first pin, almost a decade ago. Whatta sweetheart!

MWA!
Attachments
20190214_154541.jpg