THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 76 times

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Post by R.A.B. »

Due to a lack of human resources and services that many of us may be experiencing in one form or another as we navigate these days of wrath all the while simply trying to cope with the unforeseeable and deal with the squeeze from above as we are subtly coaxed to leave our fate in the hands of those who hold higher places, but still hoping that things will settle down to some form of comfortable normal near the end of this period of strife, - not a chance, hamsters in a wheel. Oh, never mind, I may well be wrong. :D

"And the days were not full enough,
And the nights were not full enough,
And life seems to slip by like a field mouse not shaking the grass."

Ezra Pound

Looks like we are headed towards even more of a void of what has now become rare yet the norm. However, this "thing" that has been made rare is still as necessary as it ever was. I can only speak from my own stomping grounds (Montreal), but I am certain that this need for gatherings and communication and acknowledgement applies anywhere human life roams.

Last edited by R.A.B. on Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/
http://www.alouetteamusement.com

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Gottlieb 1973 "Hot Shot" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the last stages of life.

I always preferred the exceptional qualities quietly lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. But now, our day to day has been elevated into the realm of the extraordinary via a world wide web of self-promotion fueled by the new dumb. It is anybody's game now.

"Some things are too hot to touch, the human mind can only stand so much - you can't win with a losing hand. " - Zimmy

"Ah...., you god damn writers, never a good word for anything. No one really knows what you will say or do next. All the truth in the world just adds up to one big lie from where you decide to spew out your madness." My Alter Ego.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Post by R.A.B. »

There will be no gatherings or events at the Montreal Pinball repair shop.

Thanks,

Rob
Last edited by R.A.B. on Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Gottlieb 1973 "Hot Shot" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the last stages of life.

I always preferred the exceptional qualities quietly lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. But now, our day to day has been elevated into the realm of the extraordinary via a world wide web of self-promotion fueled by the new dumb. It is anybody's game now.

"Some things are too hot to touch, the human mind can only stand so much - you can't win with a losing hand. " - Zimmy

"Ah...., you god damn writers, never a good word for anything. No one really knows what you will say or do next. All the truth in the world just adds up to one big lie from where you decide to spew out your madness." My Alter Ego.

Sparky
MAACA OG
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by Sparky »

Just came back from Milwaukee for work. Off to Calgary Tuesday. But I did bring home something that will make the Allentown regulars smile....
20211008_135447.jpg
Current: None.
Past: Too many.
Wanted: None.

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by WARLOCK »

Only home for a week or so now.
Medvet, Honey Badger, Sparky, RAB.

On the road again by Friday. (Yes, I love it.)
With VIP's onboard: To Alouette and Montreal Pinball.

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko

Post by WARLOCK »

I am having a particularly difficult time putting into words what is happening currently within the context of what has happened to our world in the last 18 months or so...
Perhaps more soon on this topic... But: Perhaps not... I do not know yet... I don't yet "feel" the need to talk about it; nor do I care about my or any opinions on it. Currently: I just do things...

On the road again. (doing things) Get them done.
That is all.. (All the very best) Cheers. Salut.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Post by R.A.B. »

Hey Folks,

I have to cancel the Pow Wow this Friday at the Montreal Pinball repair shop for personal and professional reasons. My apologies.

Rob

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko

Post by WARLOCK »

Le grande sigh...

Guard
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Guard »

Playing lots of hockey, old man naps in the afternoon, and lots of pinball. How I envisioned retirement....
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Bally Beat The Clock/ Stern POTC/ Victory/Shaq Attaq/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Gorgar/ Scorpion/ Algar/ Catacomb/DE Time Machine/Bobby Orr PP/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/DE Star Trek
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Jolly Roger/ Hang Glider/Way Too Many
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Post by R.A.B. »

Some of my thoughts after a nasty full moon blatantly occurring mid week. You do not have to read this if you got everything figured out.

I was laying low, reading alot of history but somehow still managed to learn something even though history tends to repeat itself. :lol: Chris Silver had sent me an e-mail about discrimination a week ago and I was too out of my mind to respond intelligently, so maybe this will help.

Crazy how when you are feeling happy about things in your life and realize that it can be augmented when a congruent context is there to support your experience. Even an inkling of joy feels greater when shared through a wider human scope than yours alone. On the flipside when you feel sorrow, it can be bared alone and you can suck it up if it is not too great, because given time, all things pass. But with happiness, (and that too can be fleeting) it needs to be shared in order for one to experience it on a higher level, unless you are a self-absorbed and a self indulgent person. Those characteristics over time have been known to eventually lead to sorrow for some ironic reason. (read Siddharth by Herman Hesse). Strange how openly selfish people are often very unpleasant to be around.

“To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with. ” Mark Twain.

Most of us can not control the wider context we live in, usually because there are many others involved and various random factors and differing values floating about. Yet what makes life interesting to live is when you do encounter others with various perspectives, randomness and luck. Yet, again ironically most of the mental health issues that so many people suffer from have to do with feeling disconnected from others. It is no coincidence that solitary confinement is a greater sentence than incarceration in a prison where we can see and speak with others.

Not accepting the randomness and diversity of the immediate world and this experience of being alive in a time and space we did not choose can also be problematic for most. We are seeing the effects when common folks lack human contact for extended periods of time, and we are also seeing an intolerance and anger from those who do not accept change and do not understand what necessarily needs to happen in order to get through the darkness of these times.

Sartre wrote in his 1944 play Huis Clos (No Exit) "Hell is other people". When I read this years ago, I added, ".... but paradoxically others are often what makes life bearable." I still hold on to those two quotes. Choosing "other people" to be with, work with, live with is key when possible, and when it comes time to part, it has to be for the right reasons which should ideally bring on a better situation, but often that is not the case because of our worse traits and instincts often "speak" louder than reason due to our animalistic stupidity. Basically what Lincoln called, "the bitter angels of our nature." they are now floating around in much greater numbers once again.

Therefore I think that it is important to keep an eye on those who have lost or are in the process of losing their humanity. They are most likely the ones who will generate conflict via their excessive greed, righteousness accompanied by an inability to admit fault. There will eventually come a time to confront them once again, and those recurring times in history can be summed up as our enduring battle with our own worse instincts and traits. Let us hope that the best of us will be there to stand up against these screwheads.

"People are crazy and times are strange." That Bob Dylan quote resonates, don't you think, even though he wrote it ten years ago.

Nobody talks much about how our human condition has taken a massive beating of late within this worldwide pandemic and how it has succeeded in reducing many of us closer to our animal base. So maybe we are more into a survival trip now as things get ugly again when we begin to see very real and concrete examples of people being subject to deep desolation and pain. The masses and media will respond with something like, "people are having a harder time lately dealing with the basic day to day things and it seems harder to just get by for average folks - hell, did you noticed that too ?" I think the best we can do is try to be prepared for more changes at a radical level. Radical meaning "of the root" - that is the etymological meaning of the word radical, who would have guessed ?

"Fuck it dude, let's go bowling."

OK, back to fixing pinballs.

Rab

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”