THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 208 times

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:00 pm
2022 was far better than it's 2 predecessors.
2020 was terrible and 2021 was quite bleak.

This is from my own unique viewpoint only.
However, I am quite glad that 2022 is done.
Thanks for this Scott.

Last night I wrote a far too detailed response to your no non-sense comparison of the past few years, and the more I think about it, your approach to 2023 may be more sound than mine, it is certainly more empirical. It differs somewhat from what I think, and for this, I want to thank you.

Rab
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by WARLOCK »

My long winded musings of the last 3 years are still largely unreadable.
I require the perspective "of distance" from the events to edit it properly.

So, for the moment; the empirical and mathematical approach will just have to do.
Looking forward to reading what you will write R.A.B.; it will be interesting and precise.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

There is so much to say and write about. It is simply overwhelming to begin considering the implications at this stage in our history.

I do not intend to be quiet about ideas that can ignite conversation, questioning and thinking amongst other fellow human beings. We need to do this, and to never give up our abilities to discuss ideas, old or new. Thinking for ourselves should never be rendered obsolete because it is considered to be "in the way" of something as unsustainable as big businesses growing by acquisitions while disregarding a future other than their own. Yes, yes, yes - I know that it is a losing battle, but I for one will resist becoming a subservient dumb dumb for as long as I can. Strike that, - I have a certain affection for dumb dumbs, so what I meant to state was that I will resist for as long as I can in order to never let myself become a subservient "yes man", - the latter being the most dangerous agent of them all, never questioning the orders from above even when these orders are not in the best interest of the people who serve - i.e. those who are just doing their jobs, or just following orders as they say.

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Going to the office/confessional today (Thrusday) instead of tomorrow. Shuffling home service calls around for the clients I haven't been able to get to just yet, as well as those parts consultations with noobies wondering into 8500 with old used parts in hand like beggars. I thought things were suppose to slow down after the new year, but apparently not. Looking forward to the challenges ahead regardless of all the noise from outside.

10am to 3pm should do it.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by WARLOCK »

I've been on the road again for the last couple of weeks taking care of things other than those pinball related...
5500 km's and change later, back in the central hub of activity in the GTA; back to the road soon regarding pinball...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:58 pm
I've been on the road again for the last couple of weeks taking care of things other than those pinball related...
5500 km's and change later, back in the central hub of activity in the GTA; back to the road soon regarding pinball...
Welcome back to the Northern ranch Scott, snow and all.

Looking forward to your next visit to the GMA, lots and lots happening here in the pinball and coin operated amusement world. Always have my ear to the ground as Mr. O often says when he sees how many people come by for repair advice and parts. The man comes into the office weekly, mostly to hang out and see people, sign some cheques and chat history with me, it is a kind of social club for the 89 year old in a sort of classier Pitt street located on Delmeade in the Town of Mount Royal with better wine. And even in these otherwise traditionally slow months, there is lots of stuff brewing as I said, especially at this here "confessional" office space where lots of interesting people pass by. The stories I hear are far from ordinary and contribute to some pretty exciting stuff coming down the pipe in the otherwise dull doldrums of winter.

The confessional, by appointment only.
The confessional, by appointment only.
Waiting room. "What seems to be the problem ?"
Waiting room. "What seems to be the problem ?"

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 188 times

Post by Mrhide »

Guess that’s why you didn’t answer when i called today! No worries ;) catch you soon!
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

:!:
Mrhide wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:17 pm
Guess that’s why you didn’t answer when i called today! No worries ;) catch you soon!
Sometimes it is a bit "nuttsy" here Phil, especially when the accountant isn't here to answer the phones. 4 phone lines, 2 cells and people often talking over eachother. Not that it happens all at once very often, but the afternoons are busier in general at the client dimension. You can text my cell, or leave a voice mail on the old answering machine if you can't get through the possible pandemonium that occurs here occasionally. Hell, you can even fax me if all the lines are not answering. :lol:

Old micro-cassette answering machine, I am hip.
Old micro-cassette answering machine, I am hip.
Two more lines between the parts shelves
Two more lines between the parts shelves
As you know I very much dislike confusion and especially fuzzheads, but there's not much you can do about their existence, they are a product of not knowing how to work and an environment that wants everything (however complex) to happen like an Amazon delivery. Sometimes it's like being in a Coen brothers movie, i.e. The Big Lobowsky comes to mind for some reason.

Mr. O's social club seating.
Mr. O's social club seating.
Oh yeah, forgot this one at my desk. I am very hip now.
Oh yeah, forgot this one at my desk. I am very hip now.