THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
HPR Pinball
MAACA OG
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 114 times

Re: What did you do today?

Post by HPR Pinball »

Bravo Robert pour cet achat !! Je suis quand même très surpris :shock:
The video game i want to play is always the one i don't have :FP:
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

HAL-9OOO wrote:Bravo Robert pour cet achat !! Je suis quand même très surpris :shock:

LOL... so am I...

P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts »

Sparky wrote:
HAL-9OOO wrote:Bravo Robert pour cet achat !! Je suis quand même très surpris :shock:

LOL... so am I...

Harry Williams. :thumbup
Last edited by P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Montréal : 1200 rue Bégin, St-Laurent, Qc H4R 1X1
robert.barake(at)cineplex.com
benoit.lecavalier(at)cineplex.com
514-856-2252 ou 888-322-2252

Toronto : 6420 Viscount Road, Mississauga, On L4V 1H3
doug.baird(at)cineplex.com
james.albernaz(at)cineplex.com
416-251-2122 or 888-977-4263

http://www.theplaydiumstore.com
http://www.winwithp1ag.com

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG

Post by HPR Pinball »

Starburst_Pieces_Parts wrote:
Sparky wrote:

LOL... so am I...

Ok Stern c'est pas bon mais Harry Williams c'est bon, je suis daccord sur Harry entk !! Ses designs sont originaux, osé et surtout, efficace !! :)

MAACA Super Contributor

HAL-9OOO wrote:
Starburst_Pieces_Parts wrote:
Sparky wrote:

LOL... so am I...

Ok Stern c'est pas bon mais Harry Williams c'est bon, je suis daccord sur Harry entk !! Ses designs sont originaux, osé et surtout, efficace !! :)
Oui, M.Williams niaiser pas avec la balle et laisser très peu de choses au hazard dans ces designs.

J'aime bien ca comme qualité dans une personne.
Last edited by P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

chef tako
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by chef tako »

i finally figured out how to login, yippe!

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Post by Mrhide »

chef tako wrote:i finally figured out how to login, yippe!

damn man ... that took a while! :FP:
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

MAACA Super Contributor

From this window tonight, all I see are bare branches of old trees laden with heavy snow. They look lifeless and morbid. I'm trying to remember the beautiful warm sunny day we had yesterday, but when I look outside, I would swear that yesterday was last year. I will now stop looking out this god-damn window. When this heavy cold wet shit melts into the ground and makes it smell like the earth should in spring, I will look out this window again. I want the ground to smell of earthworms, then I will be sure that winter has finally dragged its fucking ass out of town.

Got things done today and refused to look outside. Got more details squared away as new orders came in and tried to stay focused on work. Marsipaul dropped in today at lunchtime to shoot the shit for a while. He had recently "disappeared" off the MAACA map mostly due to long overtime hours at work and the winter blahs. We played a couple of games of Bronco and talked about how Gottliebs can be unforgiving and challenging in a very addictive way. We also had a couple of rounds on the new Stones machine, dug the music and talked philosophy for a while. He head out when it was time to get back to work.

Tomorrow morning I start looking at a switch matrix hassle and a sound board problem on a Bally Flash Gordon that came in for service a while ago. Also will continue setting up a new and permanent pinball service bay at the back of the warehouse where I plan on dedicating about 4 hours a week to service work for SB. Always got to have plans and things to work towards in order to remain vital and happy. Isn't that what this thread is partially suppose to encourage in other members who may be having trouble getting their "cranks" to turn and hence their engines started ?

Keep it going guys & gals, I know it helps me quite a bit to read what others are working on, observing and learning, however brief most times.

Rob

MAACA Super Contributor

Started a cold today I think, nothing major, but I won't be french kissing anyone for a week or so.

Canceled a service call tonight on an Eight Ball Deluxe LE in an office downtown for a company that does day trading of pork bellies and such. I guess the machine is there for the guys to blow off some steam during work hours, and it had taken a beating by the looks of it. I had gone in to do the estimate about a month ago on my way home from work. Sound board not sounding, broken drop targets, playfeild needs a clean up, new rings and bulbs, but otherwise still manages to boot up everytime. Had to cancel the call tonight due to personal reasons for once, and also because certain parts hadn't come through for the repair yet. Who is that dickhead ordering parts at the Starburst Montreal office, if I ever get my hands on him, I'll cripple his ass.

I think I'd better get some sleep or a secretary, or both.

Good Night,

RAB
Last edited by P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redketchup
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by redketchup »

Go see Robert at starbust and try Rolling stones. A big improvement in the art pixelisation, backglass look cool and very good music. I like it!

With my new parts from robert, I rebuilt my pop bumper for my F2K swap and change some target!

Thank's Robert!
Bally Centaur, Fathom, Stern Big Game, Flight 2000, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Stargazer, Nineball, Metallica Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Wurlitzer 41, 700, 750e, 1100, 1900, 1700, Rockola 1428, tempo 1, seeburg HF 100R, VL 200, Ami I
To see it: http://www.pinballowners.com/redketchup

MAACA Super Contributor

redketchup wrote:Go see Robert at starbust and try Rolling stones. A big improvement in the art pixelisation, backglass look cool and very good music. I like it!

With my new parts from robert, I rebuilt my pop bumper for my F2K swap and change some target!

Thank's Robert!
C'est correcte Gino, enjoyed playing a game with you on the Stones pin. Like I said I am seriously considering buying an LE, 50/50 with my older brother, taking it out of the box for a week-end of playing pinball with his 12 year-old and my seven year-old, packing it back up exactly like the factory (I think I can do that well enough by now) and letting the boys have it when my brother and I kick the bucket. They could then decide to play it and keep it, or just say the hell with this crap and sell it off in the box to some moron collector who likes to brag about what he thinks he owns.

When I was fifteen and my brother twenty, we stood in line at the Sam the Record Man's store front on St.Catherine one Saturday morning in early spring with a bunch of other people and bought two 15 dollar general admission tickets to see the Stones in Buffalo on the Some Girls tour. Took the bus there on the concert date, and after the show pitched a tent in a small wooded area near the stadium, slept it off and left the next morning by bus for Montreal. Too many memories associated with that music, and I think it could had been any band, music tends to define and mark different stages in our lives. Without music life would be a mistake. (I didn't say that, Nietzsche did, and that was way before the Stones)

Rob

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I pretty much sat at home at 11pm after finishing work (61 hours in 4 days), looked at the playfields I am so late on, saw HAL9000's progress on his jobs and pretty much started to cry.

Just to put things in perspective, I have had a Catacomb in my basement for a week and I haven't even set it up, even though I had been looking for one for years.

I will be looking for a new job soon. I just have to wait for my wife's situation to stabilize.

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG

Post by HPR Pinball »

Sparky wrote:I pretty much sat at home at 11pm after finishing work (61 hours in 4 days), looked at the playfields I am so late on, saw HAL9000's progress on his jobs and pretty much started to cry.

Just to put things in perspective, I have had a Catacomb in my basement for a week and I haven't even set it up, even though I had been looking for one for years.

I will be looking for a new job soon. I just have to wait for my wife's situation to stabilize.
Don't cry, i have important project that are waiting for 5 years now and maybe they will wait another 5 years before i can put my hand on them :FP:

Hippochrome
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hippochrome »

Sold my house today....and made a $72,000 profit.

I'll take an MM, CV, BBB, AFM, MB....ummmmm, so much money....what else to buy?! lol

QN
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 2 times

Post by QN »

Hippochrome wrote:...what else to buy?! lol
Another house might be an option....although it is getting warmer out.

Hippochrome
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hippochrome »

QN wrote:
Hippochrome wrote:...what else to buy?! lol
Another house might be an option....although it is getting warmer out.
Oh yeah.....that's what I spent my extra money on. Ummmmm.....anybody got an additional $143,000 they want to lend me for less interest than TD Bank offers....like 0% interest? Pretty please?

MAACA Super Contributor

Just an overall bad day today, and just plain tired from the too many things going on combined with my inability to say no to some. I also noticed that since this particular winter has dragged on longer than most, it has caused me to over-react by staying excessively busy in order to avoid that dreadful yearly depression that hits me around February and lingers until my bones thaw. Everything was pissing me off today, co-workers, family, clients, and not to mention MAACA posts, they usually make me laugh,- but not today. Just an awful feeling inside making everything suck. In short a perception problem on my part. Am I being too up front here ?

Yesterday as well, I decided that all that was going on was causing me to over express myself to the wrong people, and what I was living was too much for one person to process without becoming a scatter brained, fragmented fuck-up with the attention span of a squirrel. So, I decided to split myself up again and recreate my personal profile here in order to avoid getting in trouble by using my "square-job" profile for personal expression as I am now. I tend to have too many opinions and ideas that are borderline screwy and are probably a little too funky to express under a profile that is not really mine. It could piss off some of my "superiors". :o

So moving forward, the Starburst profile will remain informative and neutral :| while the R.A.B. one will be who I really am :?: - an EM pinball repair service guy and a passionate fanatic bent on history and philosophy under the Montreal Pinball website which I put together with a collector buddy of mine way before working for Starburst. This I believe will give me the rule set I need to keep this train of dreams on the tracks.

Bye for now from Starburst,

Rob

machine.slave

Post by machine.slave »

Havin' PIZZA tonight. ;)

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

Been thinking about alot of stuff lately having to do with this coin-operated life of mine and all that it drags into the house with it. I am seriously trying to put some order to it all. But there is simply just too much to do these days. It is overwhelming to say the least. Lots of repairs, lots of machines, (way too many parts), lots of people to work with, lots to talk about and all that just ends up sharpening my sense of what is more and more important as I get older. I realize now and again that it is not about the machines, it is about recognizing some common values I have with others and sharing stuff that stems from these values by using the machines as a pretext.

In saying this, I finally got the news I was waiting for today, (on April fools day to boot) and for which I have been working very hard to secure for the past few months. I will be moving the Montreal Pinball shop and machine inventory out of the Longueuil (south shore of Montreal) basements & garage where I first started collecting and fixing these things some 30 years ago, and into the old CRANE (the toilet bowl people) industrial building on St.Patrick alongside the Lachine canal. Coolest space I have seen in a long time and in a great 90 year-old building with other small businesses occupying space there. Signed the lease for May 1st, and moving the stuff in on May 8th. Gonna make for some excellent open work space with lots of natural light, a cool place to talk and hang out with friends and co-workers, and it's gonna be great for some flippin' EM MPL nights.

Finally starting to feel the springtime, even though it is raining and snowing here in Montreal this week-end.
Attachments
The old Crane Building (Medium).jpg
Last edited by R.A.B. on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

redketchup
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by redketchup »

R.A.B. wrote:Been thinking about alot of stuff lately having to do with this coin-operated life of mine and all that it drags into the house with it. I am seriously trying to put some order to it all. But there is simply just too much to do these days. It is overwhelming to say the least. Lots of repairs, lots of machines, (way too many parts), lots of people to work with, lots to talk about and all that just ends up sharpening my sense of what is more and more important as I get older. I realize now and again that it is not about the machines, it is about recognizing some common values I have with others and sharing stuff that stems from these values by using the machines as a pretext.

In saying this, I finally got the news I was waiting for today, (on April fools day to boot) and for which I have been working very hard to secure for the past few months. I will be moving the Montreal Pinball shop and machine inventory out of the Longueuil (south shore of Montreal) basements & garage where I first started collecting and fixing these things some 30 years ago, and into the old CRANE (the toilet bowl people) industrial building on St.Patrick alongside the Lachine canal. Coolest space I have seen in a long time and in a great 90 year-old building with other small businesses occupying space there. Signed the lease for May 1st, and moving the stuff in on May 8th. Gonna make for some excellent open work space with lots of natural light, a cool place to talk and hang out with friends and co-workers, and it's gonna be great for some flippin' EM MPL nights.

Finally starting to feel the springtime, even though it is raining and snowing here in Montreal this week-end.
Vraiment cool!
Bally Centaur, Fathom, Stern Big Game, Flight 2000, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Stargazer, Nineball, Metallica Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Wurlitzer 41, 700, 750e, 1100, 1900, 1700, Rockola 1428, tempo 1, seeburg HF 100R, VL 200, Ami I
To see it: http://www.pinballowners.com/redketchup

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG

Post by HPR Pinball »

R.A.B. j'adorerais une soirée MPL avec juste des EM !! :)

pharoah007

Post by pharoah007 »

spent 4 hours in the Brick picking out replacement furniture. Replacement for our Crappy Brick furniture we bought under a year ago. I had to FIGHT to get them to honour there replacement plan that I PAID for, so needless to say...that was our last time in the Brick. Then I got to play 1 game of CV at a Members house before I had to run home to let my co-workers dog out up the street, I was POOPED when I got home, however I still got a chance to watch Tron Legacy.

What does a movie have to do to be a hit these days? That was a AWESOME movie! Yet it was not a hit and Avatar was??? It is all about artificial media hype I think.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

HAL-9OOO wrote:R.A.B. j'adorerais une soirée MPL avec juste des EM !! :)
C'est dans les "cartes de jeux" du MPL ca c'est sur, mais quand ? Je ne pense pas être prêt à recevoir notre gang de malades dans ce nouvel emplacement avant cette été, ou l'autonne au plus tard. Y a bien de l'ouverage à faire c'est jours ci et dans les procahines mois. Il y aura plus de temps en été pour commencer a organiser un soirée MPL à la EM.

Crois-moi Max, je vais travailler fort pour que ca soit possible un soirée comme ca.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

YellowMustard
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by YellowMustard »

just watched TRON Legacy!!! i liked it even i didnt see the first tron yet!!!
Pins:SpaceStation, :FP: :FP: :FP:

gone but not forgotten: EFTLW, Secret Service, Gorgar, Elektra, Medusa, CENTAUR, FIREPOWER, ANDROMEDA(2), HS II The getaway, BSD(2), THE SHADOW, SPACE SHUTTLE, SM, X-MEN (shakered), GRAND PRIX (Italian reimport), Tales From The crypt, BSD(2), Nitro Ground Shaker, Harlem Globetrotters, INDY500, THE SHADOW (2), Twilightzone, RESCUE 911, Stern Playboy, BOP, Roadshow, highspeed, DrWho, Starwars DE

Vids: Outrun2 SP twin, mini outrun upright,mini monaco gP, MAME Xbox powered
Gone: MAME in NBA cab (sold)

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I worked on a business plan.