THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Postby R.A.B. » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:50 am

Today in Montreal it is - 4 degrees. And no one wants to know what it is with the freakin' windchill. The Habs are playing badly and there is still no need.to know what the fucking windchill is, it is just cold. Pinball is suppose to be fun, don't forget that. Stop making it about points and you will find yourself less of an ...... you may even meet some interesting people instead of being an ......, but maybe that's what you like and what you are into. So be it, you are a competitive person because you have nothing else going for you as a giving human being. Only my opinion ofcourse.

And by the by, maaca looks like one big buy and sell ad when I press "view active topics" it seems. OK, things are changing. I get the idea. But can we still try to be ok with this without becoming self-righteous morons when it comes to a game, oh I forgot how important points and money are when it comes to pinball. Sorry, my bad.

As well, stay calm. Almost everyone is struggling with some kind of demon these days, and it ain't always the one inside them.

"Honey, I don't mean no harm, I just got to see this man about a horse. If I don't see them then the horse ain't gonna see me."

Hound Dog Taylor
Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:21 am

It's all about perspective, really. This is what I had 2 days ago...

Resized_IMG-20180404-WA0001.jpeg

20180405_075431.jpg
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:18 am

More snow in the GTA today... it is cool and fresh out...

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:47 pm

Pretty quiet day online, and echoing Robert's sentiment's above, this place in general sounds like a "buy/sell ad location" of late with various hockey teams performing or not performing in one place or another, depending on the decade.
Sparky and R.A.B. and myself all are in communication regularly with each other outside of any forums. We don't really post here for the benefit of ourselves; we post here to let others who wouldn't otherwise know, understand what we are up to, what we are feeling and what's really going on during a pickup game on the street.

The specialty with which a place like this exists, is far outside of the modern day norm; and is in spirit, intended to be an informative break outside the "noise" of the rest of the world that bombards us daily.
When actions "occur" that diminish the desire of posters and storytellers to share with others, what is left is a "buy/sell" ad machine that contributors feel less and less willing and responsible to contribute to; whilst we keep to ourselves.

Things don't really change: human nature, ego, desire: It is what it is and will continue to be so. What the point of this here is that I simply wish to continue this: The chat around the campfire, while we continue to connect the dots...

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:34 pm

WARLOCK wrote:Pretty quiet day online, and echoing Robert's sentiment's above, this place in general sounds like a "buy/sell ad location" of late with various hockey teams performing or not performing in one place or another, depending on the decade.
Sparky and R.A.B. and myself all are in communication regularly with each other outside of any forums. We don't really post here for the benefit of ourselves; we post here to let others who wouldn't otherwise know, understand what we are up to, what we are feeling and what's really going on during a pickup game on the street.

The specialty with which a place like this exists, is far outside of the modern day norm; and is in spirit, intended to be an informative break outside the "noise" of the rest of the world that bombards us daily.

When actions "occur" that diminish the desire of posters and storytellers to share with others, what is left is a "buy/sell" ad machine that contributors feel less and less willing and responsible to contribute to; whilst we keep to ourselves.

Things don't really change: human nature, ego, desire: It is what it is and will continue to be so. What the point of this here is that I simply wish to continue this: The chat around the campfire, while we continue to connect the dots...

Ah man, thank you Scott. You hit the fucking nail right on the head. No one, not even Zuckenberg will change human nature within the span of of twenty stupid years. No way that progress and that the so-called information age can manage to generously provide some enlightenment for us. We are morons being controlled by those who stand to profit from your pure stupidity to accept what is provided to you so freely. You are and will remain the product when you accept to participate in all this social media non-sense. Get out there and try to find real people with real guts and talk face to face instead of sitting on your fat asses.

We remain vital and creative creatures all the while blowing our wads on facebook via a keyboard instead of getting out on the streets and actually changing our kid's future and protesting in reality for what has been taken away from us via the www and taking out the shitheads who control your life while you enjoy the comfort of your basements. You are the product, all the while, they make you feel that you have a voice via the comfort of your home. You don't, you only have a keyboard, and you have given up your true and real freedom as a citizen via that. They gather information on who you are, who you know, what you buy and believe in while you type your thoughts and information right into their hands. How they use that information is out of your control, you may come out good, you may come out bad, it doesn't matter really, they know who you are and what you will need next to make yourself feel alive. What kind of wimps are we in not standing up to this shit ? We are someone else's meal, it is intentional. They have managed to keep us so busy and tired that we can not protest against what our kids will have to face and endure as unjust. That is where they want you, too tired, too busy to stand up and say that this is wrong and holds no future for the upcoming generations.

What kind of men and women have we become ? Disconnect from this web of lies and call someone who really knows you as a friend or even real family if you still know them.

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

cap
MAACA Barbarian

Postby cap » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:28 am

@R.A.B, indeed I never understood why people give away their personal lives to advertisers. I am not on facebook. Mind you, Google does the same thing, but more covertly by giving you an essential service. There is no hiding it, Google knows I love pinball.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

Azatotht
Admins

Postby Azatotht » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:08 pm

WARLOCK wrote:... this place in general sounds like a "buy/sell ad location" of late ...

It is no different than the hobby itself I would say.

People seems more interested to buy new/already restored games rather than doing the work themselves now. I'm guilty of that myself, would rather put more money and get a recent game than working my way up again fixing/selling for a few more bucks in order to upgrade.
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

OTTOgd
MAACA Grand Wizard

Postby OTTOgd » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:14 am

R.A.B. wrote:What kind of men and women have we become ? Disconnect from this web of lies and call someone who really knows you as a friend or even real family if you still know them.

I played awesome sit-downs today!

Game on!
Attachments
20180407_191129.jpg

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:49 am

Azatotht wrote:
WARLOCK wrote:... this place in general sounds like a "buy/sell ad location" of late ...

It is no different than the hobby itself I would say.

People seems more interested to buy new/already restored games rather than doing the work themselves now. I'm guilty of that myself, would rather put more money and get a recent game than working my way up again fixing/selling for a few more bucks in order to upgrade.

I was merely echoing Robert's earlier quote my friend.
And, as you say, that is all well and fine.
Sometimes we swim with the tide.
Sometimes, we float.

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:50 am

R.A.B. wrote:
WARLOCK wrote:Pretty quiet day online, and echoing Robert's sentiment's above, this place in general sounds like a "buy/sell ad location" of late with various hockey teams performing or not performing in one place or another, depending on the decade.

Ah man, thank you Scott. You hit the fucking nail right on the head. No one, not even Zuckenberg will change human nature within the span of of twenty stupid years. No way that progress and that the so-called information age can manage to generously provide some enlightenment for us. We are morons being controlled by those who stand to profit from your pure stupidity to accept what is provided to you so freely. You are and will remain the product when you accept to participate in all this social media non-sense. Get out there and try to find real people with real guts and talk face to face instead of sitting on your fat asses.

We remain vital and creative creatures all the while blowing our wads on facebook via a keyboard instead of getting out on the streets and actually changing our kid's future and protesting in reality for what has been taken away from us via the www and taking out the shitheads who control your life while you enjoy the comfort of your basements. You are the product, all the while, they make you feel that you have a voice via the comfort of your home. You don't, you only have a keyboard, and you have given up your true and real freedom as a citizen via that. They gather information on who you are, who you know, what you buy and believe in while you type your thoughts and information right into their hands. How they use that information is out of your control, you may come out good, you may come out bad, it doesn't matter really, they know who you are and what you will need next to make yourself feel alive. What kind of wimps are we in not standing up to this shit ? We are someone else's meal, it is intentional. They have managed to keep us so busy and tired that we can not protest against what our kids will have to face and endure as unjust. That is where they want you, too tired, too busy to stand up and say that this is wrong and holds no future for the upcoming generations.

What kind of men and women have we become ? Disconnect from this web of lies and call someone who really knows you as a friend or even real family if you still know them.

We have become, what we are...

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:00 am

WE is the "proverbial we" that is; in slight odds at times with: the "they"...
Whom "we" have unfortunately become when "we" let ourselves become the "they"...

At times, we take power away from ourselves. (quite unknowingly)
At times we let what we term "the man" control us. (which is some of us)
In due course and given circumstance and happenstance... (we are both us and they)
We "whom" scream loudest at times, became the "they" that then struggle to be the "we" again.

All of this changes in modern history with technology; but it is likely as it was; and is the same "historically" with significant civil advancements.
Change is an "inevitable" conclusion to the juxtaposition of: We (us) and They: diapers - to jeans - to suit - to tux - to track pants - to depends - to baby diapers again.

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:57 am

Finally connecting some dots - even if it is in my own mind.
The goal is clarity - the reward, sense of purpose.

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:46 pm

Spring hit solid today in Montreal, - seriously, real freakin' big time.

Took walks, went to the gym, got my tax papers together and sucked in the air. Also watched the river flow and thought about my new freedom away from corporate culture and the convention of those dictating screens displaying a new type of non-sense. The attempt at gathering and subtlety capturing what is left of our individual freedom, talents and choices will not be able to use me anymore if I manage to hold my course until the end. That is all I can do now, get to the end in one piece, five years to go until the big time cottage (cheese) years. :lol:

By the way, Big Time is a Bally bingo machine from 1954 which I liked very much. The two that I had smelled of oil and wood along with that earth worm, mouse nest and shit smell. You know that smell, that wet dank smell of where life has a chance to begin. A bit similar to the smell of dog shit here on the island of the nones today, and that stink is what has provoked me to write here.

About three decades ago I ended up having to learn to face the repairs that 13 bingos from Turmel Amusements in Valleyfield had provoked in my younger skills at that time. These electro-mechanical computers were sitting piled up in a corner of a barn out in the "boonies" back in 1990, along with the balance of what they had left there in those fields of hideaway dreams away from the authorities. I ended up buying the content of that isolated barn for 1500 bones (67 x 70's & 80's pins and 13 bingos) in various states of disarray. Today for some freakin' reason, I remembered that smell, and that was nice. Having and protecting memories like that make the present seem better, even if the latter seems to sucks big time, but then again, who am I to say what the future holds. Could be a blast from the past.

I am totally open & stoked towards the next chapter of my coin operated life and free from the constraints of what unimaginative people call "doing business". Fuck them, life is not only about profit and the "fuck you" money most short sighted greed heads think will bring them a form of contentment, it is really about finding out what you are, and if you are about profit alone, then, you may as well take some distance from me because we have no reason to hang out. Crazy man, crazy. I no longer have time for unimaginative conformists who can't see the wonder of finding yourself alive in a random context. You get one shot at this gig, one shot, and you do not have to sell your lifetime to anyone. Caution, this is only my opinion, but I know that courage is key, that goes for all of us.

Hugs and forward against the tide for as long as I can. No flies on my ass.

RAB
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:00 am

R.A.B. wrote:... life is not only about profit and the "fuck you" money most short sighted greed heads think will bring them a contentment they seek...

I wish more thought this way. But wtf do I know. I was told I was nothing but a dirty "osti d'...." ... bah whatever. It's not 1995 anymore. Certainly not 1759 either.

R.A.B. wrote:Spring hit solid today in Montreal, - seriously, real freakin' big time.

Spring has arrived. Everything has thawed out of the ice and snow... the flowers and the old dogshit. The songs of birds and the songs of violent protests. The good and the bad. It's all about balance I guess.

Wikipedia (and my Grolier encyclopedia from the 1980's... the original paper Wiki for the young ones...) states that Spring and "springtime" refer to the season, and also to ideas of rebirth, rejuvenation, renewal, resurrection and regrowth. Well, to have a new beginning, it implies that there must be an end.

I vote to end the bullshit. Time to take out my rake and shovel... get rid of the dogshit. Smell nothing but flowers and a warm breeze.

OTTOgd
MAACA Grand Wizard

Postby OTTOgd » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:40 am

R.A.B. wrote:Crazy man, crazy.

Yeah, we're all motivated in different ways.

Yesterday, I got a new t-shirt from Keith Apicary!

Game on!
Attachments
20180423_161806.jpg

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:49 pm

dude's got moves
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), GTB Sure Shot, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series, 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1934 Bally Signal Sr (lent), 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cdnpinballer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Yep spring is finally here and that means I can setup my summer garage arcade again.

My daughter put her doll in an interesting place. My wife had to take a snap of it for a laugh.

Looking forward to seeing many of you soon!!! :thumbup

Cheers,

Lee
Attachments
Pinball Doll.png

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Doing the garage cleanup as well! I should mention: if anyone here is doing a spring/summer purge, I regularly help people make unwanted stuff disappear. I do a pre-sift of stuff people are getting rid of reallocate stuff to refugees we are supporting, social services that set people coming out of shelters with homes, donate books/media to little free libraries, trade stuff for things that can help people, get it to charity donation centers, etc, and just generally try and keep stuff out of landfills. DM me if you want boxes of stuff to vanish, guilt free.
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), GTB Sure Shot, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series, 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1934 Bally Signal Sr (lent), 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:59 pm

20180423_191813.jpg
Bank-Coil takes a final symbolic stab at the dirty snow left on his front lawn after a day of being cooked up in an office. I thought I heard him say "To hell with the winter that this was" as he walked away from the pile of hardened, filthy snow.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:28 pm

So I left home this morning with precious cargo, heading for Toronto. Stopped off at Bluffs for delivery but couldn't stay, as I had a customer to see at 2:30pm....

... Customer cancels as I am 10 minutes away. Crap...

So, off to London for my evening customer... he cancels too. LOL

So, stopped in Cambridge for the night, with a little stop on holy ground (Princess Auto). Picked up a backsaver.... a 440lb capacity winch that runs on 120V. Gonna install it in my office, to help me get games in and out of the basement...

Cuz I am getting old. My back says so. LOL

Giving a class tomorrow morning in Wallenstein, then off to Bluffs for some PBR... pinball recreation. No beer. LOL Need to lose weight.

Onwards...

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Today was wacky.

Good thing I am off work for now. I start driving a big green recycling truck on May 7th if anybody here is curious, no computer screens of any dictating nature at that job. I just love telling stories so here is another one.

Picked up a very nice EM from one of my home service clients who called me last week and said she wanted to sell since they sold their house. We came to an agreement last week and the understanding was that I could pick up before May 10th. Then suddenly, I get a call this morning saying that she wants it out of the house before her husband comes home from work today. Guess he found out about our exchanges. I was planning on nailing the deal down on the weekend, but that changed on a dime. Guess her hubby will find out who's the real boss tonight.

They have two machines which I serviced for them last year and I guess that their process of selling their house, moving out/in etc. had suddenly made things tense and urgent. Everything was going as planned until she called and said that it had to be today. There was an "act now" or lose the deal kind of tone in her voice. So I acted, and besides that I had promised it to an old collector buddy of mine, and my word is my word.

I am tired of other people's emergencies, especially couples, life is complicated enough as it stands, but man, having to deal with other realities than my own certainly makes me want to beg for something simpler these days, especially within our whacked out expedited times. I ofcourse make exception to this rule when close friends are having martial issues, I am always willing to listen to that if it helps.

All is well, managed to get the machine to Bank-Coil's garage where it is safe from argument. Alan's wife who was home when I called for a place in their garage to store it thought that it was just another pin for Bank-Coils pinball room, I don't think this one will fit, it is too nice looking for Alan's house of aesthetically challenged pins. :lol:

@ Sparky, please say hi to the good old boys at the bluffs and tell them that I am on the loose again. Scott can fill in the details, I trust him with all that complicated life stuff.

Hugs,

Rob

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Robert, I have posted and responded and "deleted" posts like the days of old...
I barely had time to run after Spark today at Bluffs to hug him before he was off for work...

Done, for all that you have asked...Talk in person soon for all the things we once posted on line here...

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:06 pm

WARLOCK wrote:Robert, I have posted and responded and "deleted" posts like the days of old...
I barely had time to run after Spark today at Bluffs to hug him before he was off for work...

Done, for all that you have asked...Talk in person soon for all the things we once posted on line here...

Dude, as I said, I am on the loose again. Totally free from the constraints of the daily grind which was definitely losing its charm. And I am far away enough from the screwheads who have somehow managed to take the fun out of work for so many of us. I don't know where this world is headed, but I don't see enough value being placed on the ordinary people of this world, they are now being seen by the powers that be as a nuance instead of a resource. We are slowly eliminating ourselves for the sole goal of profit for the select few. Hell, how much money do these people need ? Nasty bunch, I personally do my best in keeping a distance until I can retire and grow vegetables for myself near my barn of old pinballs and N.O.S. parts out in the boonies. that however does not take away my concern for the future generations that accept so willingly what is imposed on them as the best way to communicate and socialize efficiently. It does not fulfill the innate need for human interaction on an essential dimension. We are simply losing touch with eachother and the complex beings we are and hopefully remain, and that is what "the man" wants.

Hell, did I just say that or think it ? Same thing in my case.

My 14 year-old son sent me this last night, it is appropriate for us to take heed.

His e-mail subject reads - "a partager avec du monde intelligent" take that for what it is worth on this forum.

Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:15 pm

You said it...
I know this world, and where it is headed...
Not a fan...
Looking to shake it up.

I have to become "us" and not "they".
I could be both, but too much work.

More soon my friend...

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight

Postby R.A.B. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Just don't let them corner you my friend.

I think I got out in the nick of time, just under the fence to freedom just like a 12 year-old sneaking into LaRonde by finding a hole under the fence so as to get in to play the pins without paying the admission fee for the bogus rides they provided in order for us to be in awe of some non-sense or another. The rides now are just nauseating me, especially in the later phases of my life.

Personally, I never bought into hype when I was conscious of what is around me and who provides it and to what end. I have never bought into the bullshit of others, at least not willingly.

Find your 9th path.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”